Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

Converting .doc file to .html......any quick ways to do this?

Quote Reply
Converting .doc file to .html......any quick ways to do this?
Hi All

I have a pretty big .doc file that I have to convert to .html.

Do you know of any free programs or scripts that can make this conversion a bit easier than doing it all manually?

Many thanks Smile

------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] Converting .doc file to .html......any quick ways to do this? In reply to
Save As...

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Converting .doc file to .html......any quick ways to do this? In reply to
And then use Tidy to get rid of all that horrible Word markup.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] Converting .doc file to .html......any quick ways to do this? In reply to
You might try searching the MS site, they used to have a HTML lite module for Word that would leave out most of that style junk.

If you never look at the raw HTML and don't mind bloated files, the regular Save As will work fine.

Or, if you use Dreamweaver MX, it does have a fairly good built in Word stripper. Otherwise, as suggested, you'll have to get one of the other stand alone HTML strippers to clean the file up.

Last edited by:

ArmyAirForces: Mar 12, 2003, 9:36 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Converting .doc file to .html......any quick ways to do this? In reply to
In Reply To:
Save As...

I can't stand it.....that's all I had to do! The whole darned thing was whacked down to the html in one swat. I didn't even need Tidy.

Geez!!!!!!!!!!!! Crazy

Thanks, All !! Smile

------------------------------------------

Last edited by:

DogTags: Mar 13, 2003, 4:47 AM