Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

Beware .pro domains

Quote Reply
Beware .pro domains
Hi,

Just thought I would post this, as I'm sure somewhere along the line, people on this forum may look at buying a .pro domain.

Basically, something they didn't bother telling me (at networksolutions.com), is that with a .pro domain you also have to provide:

First Name (or company/organization)*:
Last Name (or company/organization)*:
Date of Licensure: / / YYYY/MM/DD
Type of Profession*:
Jurisdiction Country*:
Licensing Authority*:
License Number*:
Licensing Authority Website*:
* Required field

I'm a bit peeved off about this, as a lot of those details I don't have - so after forking out $30 for a domain I wanted, I now found out that I can't even use it Pirate

Anyway, hopefully this helps stop anyone else from falling into the same trap (I've sent a message to NetworkSolutions, telling them that I'm appauled that they DONT tell you this when you are about to buy the domain - cos in my eyes, thats false advertising)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Beware .pro domains In reply to
Weird - Alba just had a post in here, now its gone (just as I was replying to it :P)

Did you delete it? Or is it one of those auto-delete glitches I've noticed quite a few times over the last few months? (you make a post, it comes up ok - leave it, then go back to the post the next day, and its gone!)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
no I deleted it. ...as soon as I posted it and realised it was a rather stupid question.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] Beware .pro domains In reply to
haha ok <G>

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
For US users:

There are two steps to take when getting a DBA.
First go to the city hall where your business will be based and apply for a business license cost is usually under $75.
Next go to a bank of your choice and open a business checking account, they will advise the steps needed to take. That's it!

The city license will have all the information you need to use the .pro domain.

Sandra Roussel
Chonsa Group Design - Fresh Start Housing