Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Databases and SQL :

Whats wrong with this?

Quote Reply
Whats wrong with this?
Argh...I thought it was the field 'Dec' causing a problem again...but I renamed it to 'Dece' and I'm still getting problems. The command is;

CREATE TABLE Users(Person_Name TEXT(200) NULL ,Person_Email TEXT(200) NULL ,PayPal_Email TEXT(200) NULL ,Domain_Name TEXT(200) NULL ,Package TEXT(200) NULL ,This_Month_Paid TEXT(200) NULL ,Jan TEXT(15) NULL ,Feb TEXT(15) NULL ,Mar TEXT(15) NULL ,Apr TEXT(15) NULL ,May TEXT(15) NULL ,June TEXT(15) NULL ,July TEXT(15) NULL ,Aug TEXT(15) NULL ,Sept TEXT(15) NULL ,Oct TEXT(15) NULL ,Nov TEXT(15) NULL ,Dece TEXT(15) NULL ,Extra Bandwidth TEXT(15) NULL , UNIQUE (Domain_Name))

and the error reported is;

MySQL said: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '(200) NULL ,Person_Email TEXT(200) NULL ,PayPal_Email TEXT(200) NULL ,Domain_' at line 1.

Can anyone see a problem with that query? Its probably something right under my nose...but I just can't see it Frown

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Whats wrong with this? In reply to
Change all those TEXT cols to VARCHAR

What are all those month names for?....what is stored in the column?

Last edited by:

Paul: Aug 7, 2002, 6:52 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Whats wrong with this? In reply to
Ah..worked thanks. I also had to change 'Extra Bandwidth' to 'Extra_Bandwidth' (typo when entering it).

The reason I have all those fields, is so I can track payment of something. I have setup PayPal to accept recurrning payment, which are then automatically sent to the owner. Then, you goto the admin panel, and manually set the payment to 'paid' once you receive it. This whole database thing is for an online signup script, and payment manager.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!