Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Databases and SQL :

Taking Exchange 5.5 data using Access

Quote Reply
Taking Exchange 5.5 data using Access
Hi everyone,
I am looking for a way to import outlook calendar information for certain users in our organization into a database. I know we can export each user's calendar one at a time, but what I was looking for was an automated way of importing to an Access database that goes out to Exchange, queries for these users based on their login names and then exports the calendar details (for a specified date range) into an access database. Any ideas?

Using Access 2002 SP1

And using Exchange 5.5

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [zenners] Taking Exchange 5.5 data using Access In reply to
Why would you want to do this?

With Exchange (even 5.5), you can set up permissions for people to view each other's calendar...why create a separate database? And why would you want to use a strictly client application like Access to share data...client/server database applications, like SQL Server are better when sharing data amongst many people.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Taking Exchange 5.5 data using Access In reply to
thanks for your reply. The current setup we have here still allows us to set up proxies and stuff so that the calendars can be viewed. The schedules are for Doctors who will be synching in with a Pocket PC into Outlook. We have set up specific categories for the appointments so that they get filed under those specific ones like teaching >2 hrs or seminar > 2 hours etc etc. The data will then be sucked out of Exchange and used for creating reports in real time or at the end of the month to distribute back to the Docs. Because there is only one manager there who will be compiling all this, it will be a LOT of work for them to look at each and every doctor in addition to their other responsibilities. So we want this database to be the one stop for the manager.

Thanks.