Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Databases and SQL :

Why PerlMyAdmin?

Quote Reply
Why PerlMyAdmin?
Paul, I saw you develop the PerlMyAdmin script at Sourceforge.
It is a nice thing, I'm just curious why?

There are really good and professional MySQL web clients, like perl based MySQLMan of GT, or the very professional and popular PHP based phpMyAdmin.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Why PerlMyAdmin? In reply to
This isn't really the place to ask but seeing as it is here now. It was developed to be released as part of a bigger script Im writing which is commerical. Like GT I decided to make the mysql interface free and so I thought I may as well put it on sourceforge to let anyone get hold of it. I don't want to be selling a commerical script that uses mysqlman or phpmyadmin, I want my own version.

Last edited by:

Paul: Aug 29, 2002, 10:03 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Why PerlMyAdmin? In reply to
I agree with Paul in this case webmaster. I don't think this is the place to discuss a private (and commercial script) or his business plans (the why's).

Maybe we should move this conversation to Paul's forum?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Why PerlMyAdmin? In reply to
Ok. No problem, I was just curious, why started such development.
I understand now, it was part of other project, and was just released to the public. Great!

EDIT: Sorry if it was offtopic. I thought it is database related, so I posted here.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...

Last edited by:

webmaster33: Aug 29, 2002, 10:30 AM