Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Databases and SQL :

Import Flatfile to MySQL

Quote Reply
Import Flatfile to MySQL
Hi,

I am importing into MySQL from Lotus approach. I want to find the easiest way to do it. I have exported the data into a tab delimited txt file, with column names on the first line, and data on the lines below that. I can't figure this MySQLimport utility out. Is there a way to import it that will read the data and make the tables for me, and then import the data?

The Lotus approach db doesn't have a primary key field either, so I am going to have to add an auto-incrementing field for that. How would you do this? If I create a field called, Person_ID say, which is the PK, and then create the table with all other fields the same name, what command would I give mysql for it to import the data across, generating the primary key? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Michael Bray
Quote Reply
Re: [Michael_Bray] Import Flatfile to MySQL In reply to
Hi. Where is the data going to be used? (i.e the product). My Data_Import plugin would probably work, but that is aimed specifically for flatfile-to-LinksSQL.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Michael_Bray] Import Flatfile to MySQL In reply to
You can use the import function in mySQLMan, that should do it for you.
Download - http://gossamer-threads.com/...s/mysqlman/index.htm

Bob
http://totallyfreeads.com.au
Quote Reply
Re: [lanerj] Import Flatfile to MySQL In reply to
alternatively. ems msyql manager is a good choice.

cheers

Last edited by:

courierb: Oct 23, 2004, 8:02 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [courierb] Import Flatfile to MySQL In reply to
I like ems msyql manager tooo. I use it all the time.
>> Nakul Goyal (SEO, Link Building Expert)
Web Site Promotion
Tips 'n' Tricks
SEO News