Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

war in iraq

Quote Reply
war in iraq
I think anyone against war in iraq maybe has not been to these 3rd world countries and seen how they live i just recently returned from a trip over seas i was against the war before i left but now i am all for it in the usa we take so much for granet.believe me we must protect are way of life here at any cost to others.oh yeah and the happiest day of my life has been when the plane landed in lax,usa.alot of people i met were very used to the fact that its not safe for them to leave there house.i just missed a bomb by maybe 5minutes np huh well i wish all of the usa or atleast the american citizens could have been there where i was at the moment it happened i would think it would changed there minds it sure did mine.and the ones still against i think we should load u on a boat or a plane and send u there to live for a while.maybe u would miss the hell out of the good ole usa like i did then maybe u would know why its so hard to come to this country plain and simple once u r here u never leave because the usa is just that damn good thanks i just wanted to tell my story somewhere and this is it .. TDS
Quote Reply
Re: [tman] war in iraq In reply to
Quote:
once u r here u never leave because the usa is just that damn good

Well I have to agree. I'd love to live in the USA. There is a lot of violent crime and gang related crime in certain areas so I guess that is a down side but I'm sure the majority of areas are good.

I've only been to Florida and the Everglades but it was a really great experience and I'd love to go back. There are lots of benefits over the UK such as the weather, the beaches, the food ;)
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] war in iraq In reply to
The parts of europe I visited, I really enjoyed. I would stay longer in an area if I went back. Being an american, you try to see 12 countries in 3 days.

I was there about 2 weeks. Spent a week in Italy, Venice, Rome, Pompeii, Sorento. Then back through Munich. Took a trip by myself to Vienna from Graz where I was staying.

Pompiee and the colesium at Rome really changed my perceptions of the world. I also notice the concept of individual liberties and responsibilities was very different in Europe than America (based on Italy, Germany, Austria).
--
Rob

SW Montana's Online Community
Modular Model Railroading
Quote Reply
Here's a response to your post. Have your web talk to my web. :)

http://www.shwing.com/...sh/article_108.shtml
Quote Reply
Re: [galfriday] war in iraq In reply to
You are getting good with the website plugs ;)

You've already shown that you are a pacifist so the fact that you call "tman"'s post conceited and uninformed is just a subjective view which has no more merit that tman's original post.
Quote Reply
All views, however subjective have merit. I never stated that his post had no merit. He has his opinions and I have mine. Dialogue is exhange of such opinions/ideas no matter how subjective or polarized they may appear.

As far as plugging websites, everyone knows I'm affiliated with a web site which covers issues related to this topic and I see no reason why information can not be shared between communities.

It's really not much different than appending http://www.adsql.com/ to your signature.
Quote Reply
Re: [BeaverheadRiver] war in iraq In reply to
I enjoyed Italy as well. Pompeii was very sobering. My favorite places were Firenze, Positano and Capri.

The Email Service of VP Cheney - Undisclosed-Location.com <----- Funny
-------------------------------------------
I Am What I AM (Not a Programmer)
Quote Reply
Quote:
All views, however subjective have merit.

I disagree.

Quote:
I never stated that his post had no merit.

And I never said you did say that ....I said your post had no more merit than his Smile

Quote:
He has his opinions and I have mine. Dialogue is exhange of such opinions/ideas no matter how subjective or polarized they may appear.

No-one is disputing that.

Quote:
It's really not much different than appending http://www.adsql.com/ to your signature.

Well it is a little. My signature is a signature that sits at the bottom of my posts discreetly. I don't make new threads telling people to visit my site.

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 9, 2003, 11:47 AM
Quote Reply
I could kill that theory very quickly but it's such a beautiful day in Sunny California and I've got my lovely nephew's birthday party to attend.

moi,
LosAngeles.com <---- gratuitous plug for the City of Angels
Quote Reply
Which theory?...the advertising one?
Quote Reply
WELL !! maybe i was takin the wrong way i just wanted to say this country is like no other i have been to europe,italy i loved it the people were beautiful and everything there is so quiet slow maybe i have been to spain its ok to i been to rome np paris ok to i'm just 35 yrs old didnt care so much what people think i just wish you could realize that living here no matter how bad i have had it from time to time is alot better than some of the very poor countries i went to the philippines most people there r ok there is fighting there everywhere the only people in that country with money and all the nice things were muslim i dont really know what that means either.but i can tell you that no one liked the way i looked everyone looked at me as if they wanted me dead.im blonde blue eyed 5'8"tall dark here fair there complextion wise.i didnt want anyone to reply just had something to say..and that is that i am just so happy to be home in the usa i landed in lax,but i live in ky.it still felt like home to me and i feel great to be back here thats all thats it in a nut shell im damn glad to be home..mindano thats a place to go hmmm.and everyones reply was about europe??is the war with them or did i miss something??i thought this was about the middle eastern parts of the world or maybe u just havent been there yet..i guess if ur a women and u live in the usa its really bad here do u think they care about u or any of us and the way we live is what they want to destroy..i believe they will someday i hope i just not here to see it..tds
Quote Reply
I've spent a little over 10 years living abroad, in Europe and Asia. I totally agree with you about how travel affects your world view.

What I took away is how young our country is, how the pioneer spirit still drives us, and how incredibly diverse we are.

And there's nothing coming back home and driving across the mid-west or the western states (and beautiful Montana) to give you an appreciation for wide open spaces. Smile

If the right opportunity came along, I'd live abroad again, but I'd take along a greater appreciation for the freedoms of our citizenship.

Last edited by:

ArmyAirForces: Mar 9, 2003, 1:04 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] war in iraq In reply to
In Reply To:

And there's nothing coming back home and driving across the mid-west or the western states (and beautiful Montana) to give you an appreciation for wide open spaces. Smile
Beautiful Montana:
--
Rob

SW Montana's Online Community
Modular Model Railroading
Quote Reply
You are fortunate indeed! I think people tend to live longer with a great view like that. I'll be lucky to survive the freeways with 3 million other suckers trying run my ass over Tongue
Quote Reply
To Kill, or Not In reply to
Anyone know of a good chat group where I can find out what is going on in Iraq?

I have lost all my friends, and my Dad, over this Iraq business. Thank goodness (and sanity) my wife agrees with me.

Impeach Bush - before it's too late. America, and the world, owe it to themselves. As Gandhi said: "Western Civilization - would be a great idea." The children of Iraq, looking up at the skies, await your decision.
Quote Reply
Re: [cdnstglobal] To Kill, or Not In reply to
Looks like we are pretty much at war now. The UN has basically said 'bugger off' to supporting, so now it looks like Spain, the US and UK are all going in alone Unimpressed

Scary stuff!

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Wake up my friend. Your best friend now is bush. Iraqui children looking to the skies???? More like Saddam calculating how many of his own will die before he has to surrender
Quote Reply
Quote:
Anyone know of a good chat group where I can find out what is going on in Iraq?

You could always e-mail Saddam and ask him. But I'd suggest you get that e-mail sent off before he has to get a new address.
Quote Reply
Re: [fastpete] To Kill, or Not In reply to
Quote:
More like Saddam calculating how many of his own will die before he has to surrender

Probalby has a call or two out to his brokers and Swiss bankers making sure all the billions he's been ripping off from the UN's Food for Oil program are safe and sound.

I'm pretty sure Saddam doesn't care how many Iraqis die, as long as his own hide is safe.
Quote Reply
In times like these most major IRC networks carry an additional moderated channel called #newswire. It feeds reports from all around the globe about the latest news and events. A pretty useful source of information. (Yes, all news postings are verified with a website URL, TV, Radio station address).

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] To Kill, or Not In reply to
Thanks Wil. Much appreciated.