Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

mmm... Mozilla 0.9.8

(Page 3 of 3)
> >

Re: [Heckler] mmm... Mozilla 0.9.8 In reply to
Quote:
2) I was joking with Wil, and I have right to do that. It wasn't meant to get a rise out of you.

Next time I make a joke at your expense and you fly off the handle I'll remind you of that comment.

Anyhow thanks for your comments Im not interested in an argument. Obviously I need to make some alterations to the site, but that was the purpose of my original post....to get feedback not juvenile criticizm (im not referring to you).

Last edited by:

RedRum: Feb 6, 2002, 12:25 PM

Re: [RedRum] mmm... Mozilla 0.9.8 In reply to
Quote:

Next time I make a joke at your expense and you fly off the handle I'll remind you of that comment.

Fine...and I would hope that you would attempt to try to take your own advice and not do the same (by "flying off the handle", which many times you've misintrepreted my responses, but that is a completely off-topic issue). But as you have proven in this thread, that is something that you also need to work on.

Adios!
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Re: [Heckler] mmm... Mozilla 0.9.8 In reply to
Well I still haven't learned my lesson of keeping out of threads like this.

>>But as you have proven in this thread, that is something that you also need to work on. <<

Coming from you that is the most out of place comment...in eternity.

Throughout this thread I have stayed fairly relaxed even after giving yourself and Wil a great opportunity to hurl abuse at me about my site.

Come on, lets fool ourselves thinking it was genuine advice and help with comments like "Heres a screen shot for a laugh"

The only slightly out of line post I made was about Wils picture and that was out of anger about his earlier post.

I mean, come on, all Ive posted have been messages thanking people for comments on my site and some user-agent statistics etc....if you consider that to be a behavioural problem then that's worrying.

Now, I _was_ being calm earlier but as usual youself and Wil have pushed me over the edge. I can't take your crap and shouldn't have to. If you want to help me with my site design then I'd be grateful for comments such as "Hi Paul, there seems to be a dispaly problem with 15" monitor at 800x600 res" or something along those lines...I don't need smarmy comments along with with the screen shots.

This _IS_ the last post I'll be making to yourself and Wil....you've brought me nothing but arguments......it shouldn't have to get this drastic but I'd prefer to keep a semi-decent reputation and have to ignore you both than be brought down to your level and be perceived as an argumentative twit.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Feb 6, 2002, 1:06 PM

Re: [RedRum] mmm... Mozilla 0.9.8 In reply to
RedRum,

There you go again...and who is flying off the handle?? Wink

I was simply trying to provide you helpful advice about your new web site design, which you have been reluctant to receive (like making assumptions of what technologies people are using and being closed minded about comments made about your site).

Again, my intention was not to get your goat. And again, I would ask that you take your own advice. Look at your comments. Like when I illustrated that your site was not cross-browser compliant, you went ahead and defended yourself rather than eliciting more feedback like what size of monitor and screen resolution I am using.

Paul, all I am asking is that you stop being self-righteous and take the time to listen to your own advice, like that trolling article you posted. In the past, yes, I admit, there were times that I tried to get your goat, but in this thread and other recent threads, I am genuinely trying to help you, which I am leary about doing in the future.

How about taking criticism for what it's worth? It is not meant to be offensive or abusive, it is simply pointing out areas of improvements, which we all have...none of us are G-ds and G-d him or her self sure ain't perfect either, because if he or she was, September 11th and many other terrible days would've never happened.

Paul, take a deep breath once in awhile...

I am attaching your original comments to provide a context for my reply since as history as shown, you typically edit your posts quite quickly...

Adios, RedRum!
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Re: [brewt] mmm... Mozilla 0.9.8 In reply to
Kind of a small changelog don't you think? I was expecting more...

http://www.mozilla.org/...es/mozilla0.9.8/#new

I'm closing this thread now for obvious reasons. =)

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
> >