iEntry.com are Spammers!

Quote Reply
iEntry.com are Spammers!
It seems no matter what I do, I have tried:
  • contacting the company
  • blocking them
  • autoresponding their autoresponder
  • and other nasty tactics

I keep on getting spammed by iEntry.com. Their "be removed from our mailing list" isn't worth salt.

Is anyone else having problems with this particular company?Mad

I am taking this company and matter the Better Business Bearau.

Quote:

-- SmallBusinessNewz is an iEntry, Inc. publication --
© 2002 iEntry, Inc. All Rights Reserved Privacy Policy Legal

To unsubscribe from these special newsletter mailings reply to this message with "unsubscribe 51" in the subject
or click here.

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins

Last edited by:

Ian: Jun 10, 2002, 12:12 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] iEntry.com are Spammers! In reply to
Who is hosting them?

What pipeline are they on?

Contact the host and the pipe owner first. You will get more play out of that then the BBB. The BBB will send them a nice little letter asking them to correct their troubled ways. But the Pipe owner will threaten to shut them off the pipe. THAT WORKS!

Cool
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] iEntry.com are Spammers! In reply to
Newsconcepts, Inc
880 Corporate Drive, Suite 300
Lexington, KY 40503
US

Domain Name: IENTRY.COM

Administrative Contact:
Richard Ord rich@IENTRY.COM
NewsLinx
308 Redding Rd.
Lexington, KY 40517
US
Phone: 606 245-1376
Fax:
Technical Contact:
Richard Ord rich@IENTRY.COM
NewsLinx
308 Redding Rd.
Lexington, KY 40517
US
Phone: 606 245-1376
Fax:

Record updated on 2001-03-22 18:30:18.
Record created on 1999-03-16.
Record expires on 2002-11-22.
Database last updated on 2002-06-10 15:57:19 EST.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.SKYNETWEB.COM 208.231.1.34
NS2.SKYNETWEB.COM 208.231.1.35
<<<<<<<< Gotcha!!!

Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Are those horns coming out of the top of that box? Wink

Another thing that goes off like a red light in Amsterdam on that information is that the Admin, Technical and ownership are all out of the same address and relate to the same person. Sounds to me like a one man band with lots of automation, no time and low scruples. Hahaha

Go get'um
Quote Reply
How did you try blocking them?

If you add their network block into hosts.deny then they shouldn't be allowed to do much.
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] iEntry.com are Spammers! In reply to
Not that I would knock a one man band, but I agree, this guy is responsible for a lot of spam:

"We deliver 50 million email newsletters per month"
quoted from www.ientry.com

Most of that 50 million seems ends up in my mail box. In any case, you are right. He cannot be bothered, or have the time to maintain a working and discriminating unsubscribe list.

Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] iEntry.com are Spammers! In reply to
Hi Paul... I am virtual hostedUnsure. So an email to my host was my attempt at blocking.Frown

Links Plugins

Last edited by:

Ian: Jun 10, 2002, 1:15 PM
Quote Reply
If you add their network block into hosts.deny then they shouldn't be allowed to do much.

I would be extremely interested in a way of doing something similar in my own hosted (virtual) directory. Is this possible?

Ientry.com and a few foes from Brazil would be my first customer for such a device!!

Links Plugins

Last edited by:

Ian: Jun 10, 2002, 1:15 PM
Quote Reply
We spend about 4 hours a month just cleansing our lists. We had ours fully automated and had more problems than you could imagine. So we went partially automated and handle all exceptions by hand.

Our lists are clean as a whistle!

If a person decides to become an email marketer you have to commit the manpower and resources to make a good go of it. For without that you become your own worst nightmare (if you have professional ethics).

This guy I am sure does not care. Oh but he will when "De Pipe Go Bye Bye"

Hahaha
Quote Reply
Man I feel your pain, I get the same thing from redjellyfish.com, and other sites promoting free sex and explicit sex content. Unsure

I try to cancel them but it doesn't work you might be interested in this it answered my main question...here is what the university puts up...
Spam, and what to do about it (http://www.ece.uwaterloo.ca/main/computing/spam.html)

The problem is that if you reply to the junk mail they will send more because they now know that there is someone receiving that mail...then they sell your e-mail address to other companies and it just get out of hand...I nuked some of my old e-mail acccounts because it got so bad and now on my current one I have a block list in excess of 10 million entries.

You can't take it seriously, I mean...some of the headlines are amusing...like this one I received.

"72 hours of unlimited psychic advice", so let me get this straight I get unlimited psychic advice except that I am limited to the previous amount of 72 hours that was stated earlier?

Man there have been others but this is the most recent and/or memorable. Hope that link helps you understand how junkmail works...I think the best you can do is pray for your filters to work efficiently. Unsure

Crapshoot70 (this isn't my real name)
--
I don't like anyone...but everyone LOVES me Unsure
--
AKA...The Post Pirate Pirate
Quote Reply
Re: [Crapshoot70] iEntry.com are Spammers! In reply to
what about just bouncing emails back?

My mail app has a bounce feature and some of the spammers haven't be around for a bit.

lol ... I'm getting emails that say they aren't spammers .... lolololo .... too bad their remove email addy's box is full and or doesn't even work.

jerks

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] iEntry.com are Spammers! In reply to
...lol yeh their remove list is bullshit...what kind of remove list on a database has a limit? They can shove the mail proggie up thier asses...and we would all be happy wouldn't yah say?

--
--
Quote Reply
Sigh.

>>
Dear Sir,

RE: REMITTANCE OF US$28,500,000:00

I am the manager of bill and exchange at the foreign remittance department of the ECO BANK OF AFRICA LAGOS, NIGERIA. I am writing following the impressive information about you. I have the assurance that you are capable and reliable enough to champion an impending transaction.

In my department, we discovered an abandoned sum of US$28.5m (twenty
eight million and five hundred thousand US dollars), in an account that belonged to one of our former customers who died along with his entire family in a plane crash, in November, 1997. Since we received the information about his death, we expected his next of kin to come forward and claim his money, as enshrined in our banking laws and regulations. So far nobody has come forward, and we cannot release the funds unless someone applies as the next of kin as stipulated in our guidelines.

Unfortunately, we have discovered that all his supposed next of kin or relations died alongside with him in the plane crash, and effectively leaving nobody behind to come forward and claim the balance left in his account.

My colleagues and I want to take this once in a life time opportunity.It is consequent upon this discovery that other officials and I in my department decided to make this business proposal to you. We want to present you as the next of kin or relation of the deceased person. We intend to transfer the money into your account for safety and subsequent disbursement, since nobody is coming forward for it. If we lose this golden opportunity, the bank is going to return the money into the bank's treasury as unclaimed.

The bank's regulation stipulates that if after five years, such money
remains unclaimed; the money will be reverted to the bank's treasury
as unclaimed fund.

The request for a foreigner as the next of kin in this transaction is
predicated upon the fact that the said customer was a foreign national
and no citizen of this country can claim to be the next of kin of a foreigner.

We agree that 30% of the total sum we be given to you for your assistance in facilitating this transaction. My colleagues and I are going to retain 60% of the total sum, and 10% will be set aside for the expenses that we may incur in facilitating the remittance.

To enable us effect this remittance, you must first apply as the next
of kin of the deceased. Your application will include your bank co-ordinates, that is, your bank name, bank address and telex, your bank account.

I want you also to include your private telephone no. and fax no. in your response to me, for easy and effective communication during this process. My colleagues and I will visit your country for disbursement according to the agreed ratio, when this transaction is concluded.

Upon the receipt of your response, I will send to you by fax, the text
of an application for payment to the bank.

I must not fail to bring to your notice the fact that this transaction is hitch free, and that you should not entertain any
fear, as you are adequately protected from any form of embarrassment.

Do respond to this letter today to enable us proceed with the transaction.

Yours sincerely,

ENGR. AHMED IBRAHIM

<<

james_odum1@hotvoice.com

Last edited by:

Paul: Jun 11, 2002, 8:20 AM
Quote Reply
UnsureMy Nigerian spammers were only going to send me US$14,500,000:00 .... I guess inflation has doubled the cause.Tongue

Links Plugins
Quote Reply
That is pretty amusing...how many people was it forwarded to again?

Secondly wouldn't a long distance phone call to Lagos, Nigera be really expenisve...you would spend that 30% talking with them and then have nothing to show for it...

I was supposed to inherit 27.6M because apparently my immediate family was deceased an I was the only heir...the problem was that my mom was working right beside me Unsure, I guess some things are just too good to be true...

By the way...I didn't even know that Nigera had banks...don't they still hunt for their food...Unsure

--
--
Quote Reply
Re: [Crapshoot70] iEntry.com are Spammers! In reply to
they have a soccer team though!

Laugh

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] iEntry.com are Spammers! In reply to
Where is that soccer team tho??? Oh yeah they were eliminated...Sly

--
--
Quote Reply
Hello Ian,

I work for iEntry Network and I can assure you that we do take measures to process all unsubscribes.

I am unsure why you are having difficulties but I can have you unsubscribed quickly and thoroughly. Please write to me at ray@ezined.com with the address with which you are subscribed and I'll personally handle it.

We don't want anyone receiving our publication who no longer wishes to read it. Please write and this matter will be resolved immediately.

Best Regards,

Ray Deffry
Sales Manager
iEntry Network
880 Corporate Drive
Lexington, KY
(859) 514-2720
Quote Reply
Re: [Deffry] iEntry.com are Spammers! In reply to
Excellent!

Will do.

Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Although it shouldn't have gotten to this point. I guess IEntry need to look at making their unsubscription process more useable (or make sure it actually works in the first place).
Quote Reply
Re: [Deffry] iEntry.com are Spammers! In reply to
Ray,

Paul is right. The unsubscrive system needs to be as flawless as possible. I have come across unsubscrive systems where I am quite sure, I was just added to even more lists right after "unsubscribing", and not necessarily the same company's mail either. I am not saying this is what iEntry have done, but I am saying the unsubscribe system did not work for me and should be looked into.

I will admit I have had probelems with my newsletter, which I have since (hopefully) corrected. I don't like unsolicted mail to by business email address, so I won't do it to others.

Links Plugins