Home : General : Chit Chat :

google secret

Quote Reply
google secret
google speed and relevancy reveled

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] google secret In reply to
Ugh, no surprise some Stanford geeks were behind it.

Hmm they made a nice attempt at pigeon humor too :)

>>
Isn't it cruel to keep pigeons penned up in tiny data coops?

Google exceeds all international standards for the ethical treatment of its pigeon personnel. Not only are they given free range of the coop and its window ledges, special break rooms have been set up for their convenience. These rooms are stocked with an assortment of delectable seeds and grains and feature the finest in European statuary for roosting.
<<
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] google secret In reply to
Wow...a lot of thought goes into that search engine Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [A.J.] google secret In reply to
>>Wow...a lot of thought goes into that search engine <<

Did you think it was some teenager using his home pc or something? Laugh
Quote Reply
No, just didn't realise they had so much processing power going into it.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [A.J.] google secret In reply to
Well, I think I have better ideas...
We can make Links SQL Search Engine better than Google!!!

Here is my suggestion:
My basic idea is to use Pig clusters instead of pigeon clusters used by Google, so the Pigs can dig for truffle (with other word: data) on the net.
The Links SQL Pig cluster would result multiple search speed over pigeon search clusters of Google.

Advantages of Pig clusters:
- Efficient: Pigs are more bigger than pigeons, so can dig much more data within less time.
- Robust: Pigs are very robust applications, that can sit & lay on the computers all the time (if feeding is supported).
- Scalable: This is very important feature. Pigs are very scalable, comparing to the pigeons. Pigeons does have fixed storage capacity only. But Pigs can grow even multiple times more, can pick up more & more data. Furthermore, if a pig storage is getting full, a new pig can be appended to the cluster.

Waiting your opinion about my suggestions. Wink

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...

Last edited by:

webmaster33: Apr 8, 2002, 11:42 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] google secret In reply to
I think you should upgrade to flying pigs! Looking at google's graphs, the bigger the wing span, the faster pecks per second (or the pig equivalent). Flying pigs would have a huge wing span.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] google secret In reply to
Why on earth have they gone to the effort to make up such a stupid story about how their service works.

If you want a big wingspan try an unicorn. Or how about a B52 bomber or a terradactul?
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] google secret In reply to
Yeah, would be possible to use flying pigs Wink, but we don't want to copy flying solution of Google... Sly

We use pigs to dig the net. Therefore our measurement should be pigdig/second. Cool

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Possibly because they get many questions, how is possible, that Google is so fast & accurate, and they don't want to reveal their secrets...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] google secret In reply to
So why not leave it as a secret and keep everyone really impressed rather than creating a lame story :)

I mean, part of it is true....they do give away some real details, but all that pigeon crap....ugh

Who knows, maybe they do use pigeons Sly

Last edited by:

Paul: Apr 9, 2002, 12:50 AM
Quote Reply
Last-Modified [http://www.google.com/technology/pigeonrank.html]: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 02:10:13 GMT Wink

Cheers - Dan Cool

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln