Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

best desktop I've even seen!!!!

Quote Reply
best desktop I've even seen!!!!
nothing obscene ...errr ... well could be offending though ... view with caution

http://www.theapplecollection.com/...rge_2001a/PissXP.jpg

LOL that goes on my desktop ASAP

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] best desktop I've even seen!!!! In reply to
LMAO....you guys really do have a habit of finding completly useless information/images (and I love it Tongue)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hm. Does anyone actually have a desktop image? I've never bothered with these fancy desktop images, screen savers and such. Anyone else?

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] best desktop I've even seen!!!! In reply to
I normally just use a windows one (tiled).....the image ones, specially on the larger screen resolutions, take ages to load up when starting the computer Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] best desktop I've even seen!!!! In reply to
Hm. I've always just used a blank black screen. Fast loading, doesn't take my attention away from the tasks in hand and easy on the eye. Never seen the fascination with these, what is it "Active desktop". Oh, please?!!

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: best desktop I've even seen!!!! In reply to
active desktop... slow loading ....
LoL no wondering you wouldn't bother finding a desktop.

hmmm ... distracting ... sorry I got so many things open and going on I can barely see the edges of my 2 17" monitors ...

hehe ... beside I have a similar T-shirt as Calvin. And Yes, that was up on desktop within a minute of downloading it.

Quote Reply
That Active desktop nonsense really irratates me. If I want to browse the web - I'll open a web browser. Leave my desktop alone! :-\

- wil
Quote Reply
Ah, but haven't you realized yet that Windows is a web browser? Therefore, by starting windows, you're opening a web browser. Unsure

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] best desktop I've even seen!!!! In reply to
Leave poor Microsoft alone...sheeesh.....
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] best desktop I've even seen!!!! In reply to
"poor"?

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Ok...

Leave rich Microsoft alone..sheeesh
Quote Reply

http://members.tripod.com/~Vinayb/
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] best desktop I've even seen!!!! In reply to
haha -- find something up to date will ya!

the first anti mac image is like a apple LC or what ... still used in lot's of hospitals! wouldn't want NT taking care of patients would you?
the list that this person posted ... well let's say it must go back to 90-91 LOL
nice seagull ... the machine is either a 8600 or 9600 -- mostly used by the print industry/designers/musicians.

macs look the same today as it did back in the 80's ... LOL really now? how about the PC look hasn't changed since the 70's lol

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
macs look the same today as it did back in the 80's ... LOL really now? how about the PC look hasn't changed since the 70's lol

How about that cool brushed-aluminum case? I forget who makes it now, but it also has a clear plastic window to look into your computer. It looks really cool - I almost bought one, except it was somewhere around $200 without a power supply. Just need to get some silver paint and paint over your floppy/CD-ROM drives Wink.

All Macs have are those pukey colored things.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads

Last edited by:

jagerman: Jan 12, 2002, 6:43 PM
Quote Reply
Quote:
How about that cool brushed-aluminum case? I forget who makes it now, but it also has a clear plastic window to look into your computer. It looks really cool - I almost bought one, except it was somewhere around $200 without a power supply. Just need to get some silver paint and paint over your floppy/CD-ROM drives

All Macs have are those pukey colored things.

cool brushed aluminum case -- oh the Ti G4 powerbook!
clear plastic window to look into your computer --- open the ibook and remove the white paint! (probably can dot he same for the iPod)

puky colored things ... must be ... the iMac serious brought a non-profitable company out of the red! 5 skeleton colors (variations included -- keeping simplicity) 4 various other colors --- the flowers were interesting enough that Matel the childrens toy manufacturer made match box and barbie versions ... I've seen hello kitty in Japan too LOL!

Just a quikie --- outside of Sony how many PC based companies have won a design award?

Seriously though Apple has helped the industry a lot just on design alone not to mention forcing the extinction of the floppy, and widen the usage of USB/firewire/wireless networking/better GUI just to name a few things.

What has M$ done? I give them credit for putting more PC on peoples desktops in return they introduced the biggest non-productivity app Solitar (apple folks have chess now!) headaches and made viruses the daily norm in life and have also helped hackers to become famous and rich!

lol this is getting fun!
Of course, at the end of the day we're all still using GT products Laugh

Quote Reply
My next investment is one of those water-cooler thingy. I'm fed up of hearing my fan going - those water-cooles CPUs are wicked - and they give you a clear case so you can watch the water go around all day :-)

- wil
Quote Reply
then it leaks goo all over you CPU and then you can watch it smoke all day Laugh

dang ... P4 that hot .... hmmmm .... maybe they should get that new technology out a bit quicker ... a p5 will need a whole motherboard to hold it!