Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

anbody here use ms outlook 2002 can help me?

Quote Reply
anbody here use ms outlook 2002 can help me?
i recall that in the past i was able to set ms outlook to track down the email address of people who send me emails and auto put those email address into my address book, or jog down email address only when i reply to the email, but recently i wasn't able to figure out where to configure this feature! any help would be most appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: [kennethx] anbody here use ms outlook 2002 can help me? In reply to
I don't use Outlook, but Outlook Express, and it does that by default. It auto adds anyone who's emailed me to my address book.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] anbody here use ms outlook 2002 can help me? In reply to
Could it be a combination of adding address to contacts and a function of 'auto complete' or whatever the stupid setting is in IE?

For adding to contacts:

in Outlook: tools --> options --> email options --> checkbox at bottom of page.

This is in 2000 so it may not be anywhere near close to yours.

Tell me they got rid of that useless down-arrow (for more menu options) in their pull downs. Or better yet, tell me where I can turn that frigging thing off in office 2000. Mad If you have a pull down with only 5 or 10 items on it then what is the point of only showing you the last 5 you used? If it had a 100 items then I could understand.

Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] anbody here use ms outlook 2002 can help me? In reply to
In Reply To:
Tell me they got rid of that useless down-arrow (for more menu options) in their pull downs. Or better yet, tell me where I can turn that frigging thing off in office 2000. Mad If you have a pull down with only 5 or 10 items on it then what is the point of only showing you the last 5 you used? If it had a 100 items then I could understand.

In any Office 2000 app: Tools -> Customize -> Options -> Uncheck "Menus show recently used commands first"

It's the first thing I do when installing office. I agree with you - I hate that.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com