Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Yahoo Playing Dirty!

Quote Reply
Yahoo Playing Dirty!
Eugh....why do sites do this! Yahoo has set my 'server not found' error to their search page! Is it some lame attempt to get more hits to their site, or do they just like pissing people like me off? Unimpressed

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Yahoo Playing Dirty! In reply to
It is probably to annoy "newbies" Wink

Last edited by:

Paul: Aug 27, 2002, 5:26 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Yahoo Playing Dirty! In reply to
Are you calling me a Newbie? (excuse the pun, concerning my surname Tongue)....

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
>>
Are you calling me a Newbie?
<<

Well I was making a pun regarding your name but what if I was?

Smile

Last edited by:

Paul: Aug 27, 2002, 5:56 AM
Post deleted by Andy In reply to
Quote Reply
>>
I know quite a lot of people up where you are
<<

Haha is that a threat?.....my knees are quaking :)

I remember once at school when we had a boy join my class who had been expelled from several other schools for seriously bad behaviour. His little outing to our school wasn't much better, he threw a chair across a classroom at someone, he threw a dart into someones leg and he also had plenty of scary friends. One time he got into an argument with someone and after school he got "really" scary people to turn up to the school, not the kind of teeny boppers you are talking about, they had 8 inch knives and arrived in cars with blacked out windows.

He eventually got kicked out from our school too. One of his mates was a few years older in the same school, he was black, built like a brick shit house and was a black belt kick boxer ( I know black belt is karate but I don't know the equivalent), now he was someone to be scared of, he used to break into houses and put people into hospital.

Last edited by:

Paul: Aug 27, 2002, 6:11 AM
Post deleted by Andy In reply to
Quote Reply
The guy that made a public threat against my safety is asking me to email him? Cool
Quote Reply
LOl..I did no such thing! All I said was I know people up where you are, and you don't want to mess with them! I never said anything about your safety!

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Erm saying you know people where I live and I shouldn't mess with them _is_ a threat to my safety Andy Sly

The admission of guilt is deleting your posts :) (and don't make excuses about why you deleted them).
Quote Reply
LOL...

>>>The admission of guilt is deleting your posts :) <<<

You must be pretty guilty then...with the amount of posts you edit/delete! Laugh

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Guilty as charged, but when have I ever told someone I know people where they live and to watch out? Smile
Quote Reply
LOL...when did I ever say I knew where you lived? All I know is that you are in/around Manchester...nothing more!

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Ugh you either have the memory of a gold fish or you are a pretty good liar.

You said in one of your deleted posts:

"I know people who live near you" (or something along those lines)

Anyway I'm not going to lose any sleep so let's not worry about it anymore :)

Last edited by:

Paul: Aug 27, 2002, 8:13 AM
Quote Reply
>>>pretty good liar. <<<

Laugh

Why would I even bother trying to find out where you live? I know for sure you didn't tell me...and I ain't gonna waste no time finding it out!

Anyway, this thread is becomming more and more pathetic! That is the reason I deleted my posts!

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
>>
That is the reason I deleted my posts!
<<

I told you not to make excuses Cool
Quote Reply
It did the same thing here... stupid Yahoo.... do you know how to change it back to the regular error page?
-----------
Jason Dulberg
Extreme MTB
http://extreme.nas.net
Quote Reply
Re: [jdulberg] Yahoo Playing Dirty! In reply to
I don't understand what you mean. Are you using their free hosting or something?
Quote Reply
Re: [jdulberg] Yahoo Playing Dirty! In reply to
Its under the registery. Type in 'regedit' under Start > Run. Then do a find 'yahoo', and see what it turns up...

Not guaranteeing this will work, and its quite dangerouse playing with registry files ;)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
hmm... I did a search in the registry and it didn't come up with anything - just a couple blocked email addresses that I've added to my spam list in Outlook.
-----------
Jason Dulberg
Extreme MTB
http://extreme.nas.net
Quote Reply
What _exactly _should "turn up"? I searched my registry and all that came up was LDAP settings for Yahoo people search. I came across a bunch of "page not found" (IE error pages), but nothing that redirected me to Yahoo's search page.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me