Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Wow!

Quote Reply
Wow!
Man... really hasn't been my week, has it? Just found out today my cash cards (ATM) had gone missing. Nothing to worry about, I tell myself. How wrong I was. I then went online and checked my account funds etc, and saw that between then, £340 has gone missing!

Ack!

I then went down the police station and reported them stolen, and also went to the bank to get the cards cancelled, and new ones sent out.

I've just found out that the people who I suspected of stealing the cards (a couple of *so called* mates) have gone on the run. The police are now after them, with warrent to arrest (because of the fraud they did on my cards). God knows whats gonna happen next Crazy

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest :(

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Wow! In reply to
Good grief, that sucks! Make sure you stay on top of the bank situation (document everything!) you don't want to get screwed on that deal.

Am I wrong, or did you also have a car stolen not that long ago?
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] Wow! In reply to
>>>Good grief, that sucks! Make sure you stay on top of the bank situation (document everything!) you don't want to get screwed on that deal. <<<

Yeah, the police have a copy of my most recent statement, and I've circled the transactions in question. They are sending an officer over later, and will probably take a visit to the 2 peoples houses Unsure

>>>Am I wrong, or did you also have a car stolen not that long ago? <<<

Yup... my luck just gets better and better Frown

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
I think the bigger question is how did they get hold of your PIN number for your debit card?

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Re: [dan] Wow! In reply to
Because they were my *mates*, they probably looked over my sholder when I was typing it in once. Only takes one time of them seeing it, and voila.. they have the right one until I change it :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Then, you learned a valuable lesson. Guard your PIN number with your life, and ensure that nobody can see it (good idea to cup hand over keypad as you type number). And bonus lesson, your mates aren't your mates. I'd recommend putting as much distance between you and them. Cut 'em loose, even after they come up with some lame excuse (and odds are that they will in order to keep things the way they were).

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Re: [dan] Wow! In reply to
Yeah..I think the only experience they will be learning is what prison is like Wink Because I have names, addresses, etc ... the police have a lot higher chance of convictions, which will *hopefully* let me get my money back. Currently I don't have any money for rent, petrol, cigarettes etc *cry*

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
LOL... its *really* hasn't been my week. My linkssql.net domain expired on the 1st of this month, and I only just realised (which means I've lost a week of emails, income etc).

If anyone has been trying to reach me on this email address, please use webmaster@ace-installer.com until the site is back online (its active, but still needs to re-resolve).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I can tell its going to be another one of those weeks Frown

Just had to cancel my Credit Card, cos I checked my online balance a few minutes ago, and £350 was put on it, which I didn't take out! This totals my losses to about £750, which is about $1100/$1200 ,.... god this sucks! Now I have no cash cards, no money, and worst of all.... the people who did it don't even have to pay me back! Man this sucks Frown

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Andy...

Get some new friends.... As I said in a private e-mail, you British like to call Australians a bunch of Convicts. The truth is, we were never convicts, it was British convicts who were sent her. Mostly thieves. Hope your luck improves mate.
Quote Reply
Re: [Gypsypup] Wow! In reply to
Well, the police have finally taken a statement off me (2 weeks later)... which I think is pathetic... but at least something is kinda being done about it.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
That Sucks !!! (the whole story) You said that they didn't have to pay you? What did you mean by that?Aren't you getting any money back then?
Quote Reply
Re: [bannerzone] Wow! In reply to
Yah...I don't think I am going to get any money back. If the police screw this up, I may sue them... $1000 isn't exactly small money to me :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
YAY! They finally arrested the 2 guys who stole my money Cool Took statements etc off him, and now they are gonna make sure I get my money back :)

Finally!

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Your credit card company should cover your losses regardless. They normally have a clause stating that they will cover x pounds/dollars as a result of theft.
Quote Reply
Re: [Recall] Wow! In reply to
It wasn't only the CC though. 50% odd on the CC, and 50% on my bank cards Frown

Either way, the police have got statements from the guys who did it, saying that they did it, and will pay the money back. Not sure how the police are going to follow this up though, but at least its a start Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Not a good situation to be in.

The bright side is that you MAY get your money back. Better than no chance at all.

And that is very positive news out of a bad situation.

I am sure the saga will continue................... We hope - better than Agatha Christie this one.
Quote Reply
Re: [Gypsypup] Wow! In reply to
Yeah, I had some good news this morning. My house insurance company are going to pay £250 of the lost money back to me :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Update:

One of the guys who stole the cards was arrested on the 14th of Jan, and has now been given a 'final warning' ... so he's pretty much got away with it Mad

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Sounds kind of like our courts:

http://www.nsnews.com/.../news/014104nn1.html

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Wow! In reply to
Yeah, its pathetic. It makes you wonder why we ever keep to being 'law obiding citizens' ... I mean, I could probably go down the local shop now, rob it, and get away with a warning if I ever got caught. It just makes all of our legal systems look like such a walkover; and it most certainly doesn't deter anyone really these days Frown

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk