Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Who Posted the first ever post on this forum and who has been a user for the longest

Quote Reply
Who Posted the first ever post on this forum and who has been a user for the longest
Hi all, just curious who posted the first post on these boards and who has been here the longest.

I see that Paul and Elliot are well into the thousands as it goes for posts so must have been around these boards for life. Either that or they never sleep.

Also how long on average does a mod/veteran spend a day on these boards helping out.

Some of you never leave here, where has your lives gone Cool
Quote Reply
Re: [stu2000] Who Posted the first ever post on this forum and who has been a user for the longest In reply to
try the way back machine. You'll also see what the first board looked like.

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Who Posted the first ever post on this forum and who has been a user for the longest In reply to
Click here to see the first post...
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Who Posted the first ever post on this forum and who has been a user for the longest In reply to
Actually, click on the following link to see the first post:

http://web.archive.org/...get.cgi/links/1.html

It seems I've been around here since 1/24/98. Ugh. Scary.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Who Posted the first ever post on this forum and who has been a user for the longest In reply to
Well "acutally" that link above is post id 1 so that kinda makes it the first post irrespective of older posts from another board Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [stu2000] Who Posted the first ever post on this forum and who has been a user for the longest In reply to
I've actually been registered since July 1998 under a different username. Many other users, like Bobsie, JPDeni, and Mark B. have been around much longer.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Alex and Alex Wink

Adrian
Quote Reply
I've been a member since 1999, which was mainly for help on Links 2 Blush... I then forgot my login details, so signed up under a new name...thus this username :)

As for time; I would say I spend about 30-50 mins a day here, sometimes more, sometimes less, all depends on how busy the board is :)

>>>Some of you never leave here, where has your lives gone <<<

My life is after dark...I'm more of a night life person...hehheh

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Who Posted the first ever post on this forum and who has been a user for the longest In reply to
I wonder who holds the record for the longest post?
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] Who Posted the first ever post on this forum and who has been a user for the longest In reply to
Is that a challenge? Wink

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Who Posted the first ever post on this forum and who has been a user for the longest In reply to
I think it would be tough to beat pugdog and webmaster33, these guys know how to write a long postSmile

Last edited by:

Ian: Sep 2, 2002, 7:36 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] Who Posted the first ever post on this forum and who has been a user for the longest In reply to
...and the longest composition of a post goes to W33, for around 6 hours.

Last edited by:

Paul: Sep 2, 2002, 7:37 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Who Posted the first ever post on this forum and who has been a user for the longest In reply to
hmmm, thank goodness nobody mentioned me and my mac thread Laugh

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Who Posted the first ever post on this forum and who has been a user for the longest In reply to
other than Alex

what's the oldest active nick name?

it's me

anyone claim otherwise?
Quote Reply
Re: [theguy] Who Posted the first ever post on this forum and who has been a user for the longest In reply to
Mark Badolato Oct 15, 1998
Quote Reply
> It seems I've been around here since 1/24/98. Ugh. Scary.

My handle back then was my full name, now truncated to just 'wil'.

Although, IIRC, Hypernews didn't require you to register a nickname, only to provide your name and an email address when posting.

- wil
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Mark Badolato Oct 15, 1998

Technically, it would be Dec 26, 1997... :)

http://web.archive.org/web/19980127214508/www.gossamer-threads.com/hn/get.cgi/links.html
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Who Posted the first ever post on this forum and who has been a user for the longest In reply to
>>
My handle back then was my full name, now truncated to just 'wil'.
<<

You've been hanging around a perl related forum for over 4 years and in that time didn't learn how to pass a hash from one sub-routine to another?

Laugh

Last edited by:

Paul: Sep 3, 2002, 1:38 AM
Quote Reply
Correct. I haven't learned anything from 'hanging' around in a product support forum which houses have a spin-off Perl programming froum.

I have learnt Perl in my spare time using books and 'official' resources found on the World Wide Web. I have asked questions here, and I have given answers here. Some correct, some not.

I do not code Perl for a living, I don't program in any shape or from for a living, but I do like to think that I have some understanding of the programming language most commonly used by the team of developers with whom I work with.

- wil
Quote Reply
You are good for a laugh if nothing else.
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
You are good for a laugh if nothing else.

Sorry!?

- wil
Quote Reply
I think Aki is trying for the longest post record title, but he is not quite up to PugDog or W33 standard yet:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=214878#214878

Laugh
Quote Reply
Yeah I was reading that post just a few minutes ago :)
Quote Reply
BlushBlush
<excuse>
Was trying to be terse as possible but complete since it might be handy for other people too.
</excuse>
Quote Reply
Re: [Aki] Who Posted the first ever post on this forum and who has been a user for the longest In reply to
LOL, just kidding around Aki.