Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Website traffic

Quote Reply
Website traffic
I run www.guitar6.com and want to promote my site more online or offline. I want more forum goers and visits so I can start affiliate and banner exchange programs. Anyone got some good ideas to help increase traffic at my site? I would be very grateful.
Quote Reply
Re: [TaylorC] Website traffic In reply to
1) Submit your website to DMOZ (which AOL and others use for their directories).

2) Use Addme.com to submit your website to free search engines.

3) Use Google AdWords and Yahoo! Commercial Listing and Overture PPC program (since Yahoo! purchased Overture and they are using its PPC system for sponsored links in Yahoo! listings/search results).

4) Optimize your website (both META tags and the content within your webpages).

5) Create link exchanges with other related websites (i.e., affiliates).

6) Submit your website to listservs and discussion forums (put your URL in signatures in emails and in discussion forums).

7) Hire an email marketer to send out email campaigns and offers to large email lists.

8) Focus on RETENTION of your current members and encourage them to spread the word, word of mouth is still a popular marketing tool. If your members are satisified with your website and services, then provide mechanisms, like:

a) Recommend Website
b) Referral Program (Members will get discounts or points for referring your website to their friends and family members)
c) Testimonials

9) Submit your website to WEB BLOGS that are a popular mechanism for spreading the word about your website and activities.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Last edited by:

Stealth: Aug 26, 2003, 9:22 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Website traffic In reply to
Stealth,

That is a nice list. Lots of things a person can do with or without a large budget.
--
Rob

SW Montana's Online Community
Modular Model Railroading
Quote Reply
Re: [BeaverheadRiver] Website traffic In reply to
Thanks...it does take some financial investment, which is estimated to about $1,500.00 to do the above, with exception of paying the email marketer.

Of course, I was blessed with having my website added in Yahoo! years before they implemented their "Commercial Directory Listing" (re-occurring fees)....Gossamer Threads and my website can be found in "Web Designers" in Yahoo!'s directory...didn't pay a cent for "commercial listing". Smile
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Website traffic In reply to
>>>Gossamer Threads and my website can be found in "Web Designers" in Yahoo!'s directory...didn't pay a cent for "commercial listing". <<<

I managed to get Ace-Installer.com added in Yahoo... but I don't think LinksSQL is going to be possible... especially seeing as my target niche is at this site anyway :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!