Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

War on Terrorism Delivers Direct Hit on Peace Train

Quote Reply
War on Terrorism Delivers Direct Hit on Peace Train
The link says it all:

http://www.cnn.com/...verted.ap/index.html

Who's next? The Who. Who? Who's next? Who's on first?

It's like some kind of comedy routine scripted by pencil necked "d'em terrorists are anywhere and everywhere" political rednecks. Keep Yusuf Islam (AKA 'Cat Stevens') as far away as possible from the cockpit, the siren may try to lull the flight crew into crashing the jet into [insert building or landmark here]. War on Terrorism, Peace Trains need not apply.

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Re: [dan] War on Terrorism Delivers Direct Hit on Peace Train In reply to
Already happened to Ted Kennedy:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/...tor_on_terror_watch/

On a more serious note, here's an amazing story of five days in hell:

http://www.espritdecorps.ca/new_page_243.htm

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] War on Terrorism Delivers Direct Hit on Peace Train In reply to
I hear that Ted Kennedy is listed twice on the Terrorist Watch List - one for each seat he occupies on the airplane Wink

Quite the horrific story, the second link! This guy knows how to survive - e.g., the occupied State of Palestine, rather than Israel. But he did get $8 (US) and a cab ride out of the deal =) People must be nuts going to Iraq, regardless of their motives and/or good intentions - statistically unlikely you will meet the same horrible and fatal fate as some others have, but man alive, it is not a risk I'm willing to take. Oh baby, baby, it's a wild World!

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Quote:
Quite the horrific story, the second link! This guy knows how to survive - e.g., the occupied State of Palestine, rather than Israel. But he did get $8 (US) and a cab ride out of the deal =) People must be nuts going to Iraq, regardless of their motives and/or good intentions - statistically unlikely you will meet the same horrible and fatal fate as some others have, but man alive, it is not a risk I'm willing to take. Oh baby, baby, it's a wild World!

Ditto. I know several people who would *love* to go over and help the Iraqee's ... but with all these US/UK kidnappings.. its not really helping :|

The thing that really gets on my nerves... is how they say its all for religion.... even after their high up religious leaders still say its total BS, and they are just using religion for an excus to kill people :(

Just my 2 cents :D

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] War on Terrorism Delivers Direct Hit on Peace Train In reply to
Religion-based violence is the one common denominator that is the great equalizer, and brings all religions (with the exception of Buddhism) together - whether Christianity or Muslim or... Times may change, but people remain the same. Religion is about power and control, and there will always be those that will use violence to achieve and hold on to that absolute power - and to exert their belief systems over others with conflicting beliefs.

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Quote:
Religion is about power and control, and there will always be those that will use violence to achieve and hold on to that absolute power - and to exert their belief systems over others with conflicting beliefs.

Yeah Frown

It's a shame the World has come to this :/

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Nothing has changed in 2000 years. Remeber your history lessons - just that the Islamics are the whipping post at the moment. The Catholics, various protestant groups have been shown to be just as bad if not worse. While these yo-yo's were all carrying on Islam was the most placid and peace loving group around.

I have actually worked over there in the Middle East - just prior to the Kuwaiti war. Thats why I was there, as part of the preparations for the war everyone knew was coming.
Quote Reply
Re: [Gypsypup] War on Terrorism Delivers Direct Hit on Peace Train In reply to
Quote:
I have actually worked over there in the Middle East - just prior to the Kuwaiti war. Thats why I was there, as part of the preparations for the war everyone knew was coming.

Rather you than me!

The thing that annoys me the most.. is the soldiers, who are getting struck off / court marshed, simply because they took a shot at someone they thought was a threat. The amount of bullets that fly around over there is silly... and I know for a fact I would be *more* than trigger happy in the same scenario :| (its either you, or them).

Anyway.. enough ranting.. I better get some work done =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
The thing that annoys me the most.. is the soldiers, who are getting struck off / court marshalled, simply because they took a shot at someone they thought was a threat. The amount of bullets that fly around over there is silly... and I know for a fact I would be *more* than trigger happy in the same scenario :| (its either you, or them).
It all started at Mei Lei in Vietnam with Lt Calley.
And it is getting worse. Because I was an Australian Army Commando during the Vietnam war I am copping hell in the divorce courts here. propensity for violence and all that. Sure, I was a marksman and highly trained on unarmed combat. What else would you expect our type to be? Our opposite better known are the American Green Berets. So you figure where justice is. It really pisses me off - the whole damned stupidity and absurdity of it all.
Dont defend your Country, ever, you will lose your kids in the Courts.
Yet there was some clown recently in Australia got convicted of an act of terrorism. Got three and a half years maximum. You go figure it.

Last edited by:

Gypsypup: Sep 24, 2004, 3:30 AM
Quote Reply
http://www.cnn.com/....files.ap/index.html

I guess that if John "Give Peace a Chance" Lennon were alive today, he would be branded a terrorist threat to US national security and booted back to the UK. Hmmm, Peace Train, Give Peace a Chance... The Canadian band, Our Lady Peace, may want to check with their local US Embassy before they make future concert travel plans to the US Wink

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln