Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Very poor, MS....

Quote Reply
Very poor, MS....
http://news.zdnet.co.uk/...0330,39119181,00.htm

Microsoft has set its lawyers onto a 17-year-old software writer from Vancouver, called Mike Rowe, because he has registered MikeRoweSoft.com, which the company said infringes on its copyright. ....
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] Very poor, MS.... In reply to
Man, that is so sad! Don't they have other people, such as software pirates etc to be paying more attention to? Unsure

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
that's more plausible than the Lindows.com suit, at least. US courts have denied injuctions against Lindows.com on similar charges multiple times. Unfortunately, MS has been "successful" with their copyright infringment cases brought out in foreign markets against the harmless software company.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Good ending for the kid, and better PR for MS than their initial effort.

"Desler said Microsoft would cover Mike's costs of changing to a new Web site and redirecting traffic from the old site. Microsoft also had agreed to help the teen get Microsoft certification training and other gifts, including an Xbox game console, he said, and has invited Mike to a technology festival in March at the corporation's headquarters in suburban Redmond."

http://www.cnn.com/...settle.ap/index.html
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] Very poor, MS.... In reply to
Wow, lucky bugger :p (not that anyone would want M$ certification...heeh.. j/k).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!