Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Ugh. Stuff like this bugs me!

Quote Reply
Ugh. Stuff like this bugs me!
Why do people go to the effort to fill in a contact form with crap?

I just got this contact form response from my "Custom Script" form.....

>>

To Paul,

Here are the results of the contact form submission:

Full_Name : awa nise
Email_Address : awz6@yahoo.com
Ideas : i need some sexxxxxx photoes for some naked girles and naked womenes thank u

<<

Clearly this person is either mentally disturbed or a pre-pubecent teenager.
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Ugh. Stuff like this bugs me! In reply to
Could be that they are trolling... maybe they were looking to see how the form was submitted? I got some bounced e-mails the other day where someone discovered I was using an old version of form-mail and took advantage of the hole in the script to send out spam using my site. I pulled the script immediately, so thats not an issue anymore, but I also had wwwthreads on my site (pulled it) and was using thinmailer for web-based email (pulled it). I also nuked my ikonboard as well. I had a bunch of old crap hanging around that spammers/hackers look for to take advantage and it came back to haunt me so I basically "cleaned house" in regards to my cgi-bin.
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] Ugh. Stuff like this bugs me! In reply to
I uploaded Links2 to a cusotmers site a couple of weeks ago and after a short delay due to the customer moving house, I rebuilt the directory a couple of days ago.

The whats new and whats cool pages both showed up with black backgrounds and in white bold text it said:

DEFACED BY SYS

Things like that just drive me round the bend. I'd love to catch a hacker one day and teach them a lesson.
Quote Reply
Don't you have some logging in place to see what IP address the form was submitted from?

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Ugh. Stuff like this bugs me! In reply to
Of course but all I can do is ban him but I doubt he'd do it again anyway.

212.138.47.12 - - [08/Mar/2002:22:47:28 -0600] "POST /cgi-bin/iperl/index.cgi HTTP/1.0" 302 0 "http://www.wiredon.net/iperl/" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; Win 9x 4.90)"
212.138.47.11 - - [08/Mar/2002:22:47:29 -0600] "GET /contact/success.shtml HTTP/1.0" 200 3622 "http://www.wiredon.net/iperl/" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; Win 9x 4.90)"
Quote Reply
Quote:
Things like that just drive me round the bend. I'd love to catch a hacker one day and teach them a lesson.

Didn't you catch the guys that did it to Ed's server?

Anyway, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about! For some reason I keep getting emails saying 'testing'. I've no idea where they are coming from, as the email address is blank, and they all seem to have different names! ITs really annoying. I've tried putting an email filter on any emails that have 'testing' as the subject line, but that is not working Frown Imagine how people that own domains like yourisite.com, mysite.com, website.com etc get on. They must get lads of crap from people putting stuff like me@mysite.com etc. Its one of those things I'm afraid it seems you have to live with Frown

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hm. That IP resolves to 'cache2-2.ruh.isu.net.sa'. Unsure

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Ugh. Stuff like this bugs me! In reply to
You can tell my the email that they are foreign. Probably some south african pimp Wink (or whatever country sa is for)

Last edited by:

RedRum: Mar 8, 2002, 8:47 AM
Quote Reply
Quote:
(or whatever country sa is for)
Soutch america..LOL Sly (j/k)

Andy
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Ugh. Stuff like this bugs me! In reply to
Close enough. Only the atlantic ocean in the way.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Mar 8, 2002, 9:15 AM
Quote Reply
Sorry guys, .sa is Saudi-Arabia. Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [Tho:mas] Ugh. Stuff like this bugs me! In reply to
Ha so I was closer than Andy Laugh