Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Top spec PCs

Quote Reply
Top spec PCs
Hi,

I'm starting to have a look around, to see what PC I can get for next year. I've currently got:

8GB RAM
Quad 2.3Ghz (AMD Phenom 9650)
GeForce 9400 GT GFX Card

..and all the other stuff (DVD-RW, etc)

Anyone know what the best kinda one out is now? (for a reasonable price <G>)

The best I could find on ebay was a "AMD X4 QUAD CORE =10.4GHZ 500GB HDD 4GB RAM DESKTOP" , but cos I have loads of programs open at once - I was aiming more for a 16gb RAM / 1TB HDD (I've decided against SDD drives after reading a bit more about the fact they send to die after a few million read/writes Unsure)

Anyway, any comments are welcome :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Top spec PCs In reply to
Hi Andy,

Check out 6320Y model from HP. It is priced at US$ 699.99 in US (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pavilion+Desktop+with+AMD+Phenom%26%23153%3B+II+Quad-Core+Processor/9694506.p?id=1218150609828&skuId=9694506&st=6320Y&cp=1&lp=1)

I have been using it for over a month now, and with 8GB DDR3 Ram it seems to handle most tasks with ease. (It comes with 8GB, but can be expanded upto 16GB)

Here is another option (little expensive) : http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pavilion+Elite+Desktop+with+Intel%26%23174%3B+Core%26%23153%3B+i7+Processor/9695866.p?id=1218151627439&skuId=9695866
it comes with 9GB DDR3 and can be expanded upto 24GB DDR3 and comes with 1.8GB Dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

Hope this helps.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] Top spec PCs In reply to
Nice - will check them out Cool

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!