Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Spiders

Quote Reply
Spiders
Hehe...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2517711.stm

A little scary for us folk unused to such deadly creatures :)
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Spiders In reply to
Hello Paul,

Since they bought the Spiders at grapes prices per pound, the 2 live spiders

are worth more than grapes sell for.

They should have kept them and fed them grapes while E-Bay clients bid for the luxury

of owning such a superb pet. Smile

Did Tesco apply to the customs inspectors for permission to import furry creatures ? Pirate

What next ? Monkeys with your bananas ?

cornball
Quote Reply
Re: [cornball] Spiders In reply to
Quote:
Monkeys with your bananas ?

Heh.....we had another guy die from rabees (?) after being bitten by a bat - the first to die in about 100 years or something.
Quote Reply
Bitten by a bat? hehe.. my dad used to work for Springmill State Park in Indiana. He did tours through the cave there on a boat and handled bats all the time without any trouble...we think! Wink

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy thoughts] Spiders In reply to
He got lucky then I guess. The ones that carry rabees are from North Europe.
Quote Reply
We stay away from him at night and on full moons just to be safe [:-)]

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy thoughts] Spiders In reply to
I want to be a Vampire!

Pirate

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Spiders In reply to
LOL....again, another stray thread moving completly away from the starting topic Laugh

How do we do it? Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Spiders In reply to
Hello Andy,

Back to Spiders : http://www.cbc.ca/.../11/22/spiders021121 [ Canuck Spiders ]

for 60 acres of farmland now covered in spiders.

Can you use Peanut sauce with spiders or would sweet and sour spiders be better ?

Smile

cornball

I leave a post it note on my pillow to spiders that my mouth and nose are strictly out of bound.
Quote Reply
*Shudder*

I think I'm arachnophobic.....I can barely look at pictures of spiders without feeling like I have some crawling over my skin.

That movie, arachnophobia when the spiders are all coming down from the bathroom ceiling....ewwwww......

I'm soooo glad I live in England.

Quote Reply
Hello Paul,

I used to live in an old old house with a Monster oil furnace in the basement , with monster sized air ducts through the house.

I woke up and went in to the bathroom to ...... and finally shave the whiskers off.

I was scrapping the lather and hair , when over my right shoulder walked up a big hairy house spider.

He/She looked at me and I looked at him/her in the mirror and we both froze.

It was just like Clint Eastwood in one of his movies.

Who will move first ?

I squashed him on my shoulder and finished shaving.

We had lots of big hairy spiders running around. The cat used to have lots of fun with them.

Later in life I got bit by a tiny red spider and had a big swollen lump. Go figure !

Spiders catch other bugs like flies, so they have a use in peoples life.

If we live in a bug free world we will die as humans.

cornball

Quote Reply
I like spiders.

Although, I hate it when they spin their webs in the frigging doorway and their threads stick to your face. ughhhh, Makes me want to smash the little prick. Although, it's not really his fault.

If I find them in the house I promptly take 'em outside were they belong. Hehe, a six story drop though, oh well, better than on my balcony.

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Spiders In reply to
I catch them in some sort of box and then when I see it running up the side towards my hand I drop it and it crawls under something and then that room is out of bounds until my body guards (the cats) have done a bit of hunting Wink