Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Space aliens favor Vancouver B.C.!!!

Quote Reply
Space aliens favor Vancouver B.C.!!!
An interesting article in the Vancouver Sun newspaper highlighting Vancouver as the #1 destination for space alien abductee hopefuls.

Vancouver Sun Article Link
--
Rob

SW Montana's Online Community
Modular Model Railroading
Quote Reply
Re: [vanderen] Space aliens favor Vancouver B.C.!!! In reply to
http://x-tour.com

that url is for tours to the X-Files house or something and more Laugh

come to Japan ... I'll dig up some haunted houses for you ... an intersection in my neighborhood is possed .. largest accident count in a city of 1.8 million (I've had 2 there so far and I was fault free Crazy)

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Space aliens favor Vancouver B.C.!!! In reply to
Hehe, it seems that Japanese have a strange affinity to the supernatural. Haven't met one of them who doesn't believe in ghosts... Tongue
Quote Reply
Re: [Tho:mas] Space aliens favor Vancouver B.C.!!! In reply to
I sort of did ... or at least wished there were ghost ... same type of thing for UFO's and bigfoot .... lol still a child at heart.

I figured I wouldn't see a ghost in Japan since I'm a foreignor and whiter than most ghosts!

Crazy haven't seen any yet ... you know white puffs of smoke but .... I've had 3 experiences that rank in the ??? IF ??? category ... hot summer evening ... during a drive encountered freezing temperatures in my car ...

and now didn't turn on the airconditioner since it had no gas.

of course shortened the story but ... point is after 2 episodes ... no more ghost hunting for me!

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Space aliens favor Vancouver B.C.!!! In reply to
I saw a UFO once (really!), it looked kinda like this, but was all shiny-metallic looking...

It flew along for a while and slowly turned/banked and then it became this.

Talk about a few seconds of not believing my eyes!
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] Space aliens favor Vancouver B.C.!!! In reply to
There's absolutely no reason to believe humans are the only "intelligence" in universe. Cool
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] Space aliens favor Vancouver B.C.!!! In reply to
Watts, did you forget your tablets today? Tongue
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Space aliens favor Vancouver B.C.!!! In reply to
Must be too much Red Meat...
Quote Reply
Re: [vanderen] Space aliens favor Vancouver B.C.!!! In reply to
Well, I'm located in Vancouver and have witnessed an UFO. As a preamble, I do not use drugs (legal or illegal) of any sort, and only socially drink on the very rare occasion. I am not, and never have been on any medication. I prefer to be lucid at all times if I can help it. And I am highly skeptical that we are being visited by extraterrestrials, and I consider most, if not all, UFO reports as highly suspect.

It was September 14, 2000 at about 10:50pm (Pacific Standard Time; PST). I (alone unfortunately) happened to be out on our apartment balcony (in the Vancouver West End - just to the immediate side of Vancouver downtown) admiring the clear starlit sky, when I viewed an unusual, dimly lit object in the southern sky about 45-60 degrees altitude (relative to my position). Initially it appeared stationary, and I assumed it was cosmic in origin. But quickly it became apparent that it was moving very slowly across the sky northward at an estimated altitude of about 10-20,000 feet. The object could be described as dullish amber-white in colour. Its shape was difficult to discern. Within 10-15 minutes, the object was stationary nearly directly overhead (of my viewing position). After another 5 minutes, the object veered to its right eastward. Then in an instant, it 'nosed' up at a steep angle (I'd guess > 75 degrees) and accelerated. I observed a dull reddish glow from the rear of the object as it quickly vanished within a few seconds. No audible sounds could be attributed to the object. Very strange.

Cheers - Dan Cool

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Re: [dan] Space aliens favor Vancouver B.C.!!! In reply to
>>I (alone unfortunately) <<

Isn't that just always the way when you see a UFO ....poop. Laugh

Last edited by:

RedRum: Jan 22, 2002, 12:27 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Space aliens favor Vancouver B.C.!!! In reply to
Hi Paul:

No kidding! My gf was closeby (feet away - same baloncy opens to livingroom and our bedroom), but soundly sleeping. To this day she is still annoyed that I didn't waken her. She's really into this sort of stuff. But I was too caught in the moment, and did not want to miss anything. I also wish I had a camera handy, but the object was too dimly lit, and too undefined to make a good photo - at least with my camera. Maybe next time Wink

Cheers - Dan Cool

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Girlfriend asleep and she shouts at you for not waking her? Hmm, that sounds familiar...

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Space aliens favor Vancouver B.C.!!! In reply to
One second wonder?
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Space aliens favor Vancouver B.C.!!! In reply to
Just no pleasing them Wink

Cheers - Dan Cool

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Not at all. Just the beauty of peace. Why does she honestly think I didn't wake her? <g>.

- wil