Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Shuttle Pictures

Quote Reply
Shuttle Pictures
I received the attached pictures from a friend. They are of the Shuttle Explosion from an Israeli Satellite in space. They were evidently provided by the Israeli government.

I can't confirm if they are the real thing or if the Israeli government actually provided them.

Simon.
Quote Reply
Re: [jai] Shuttle Pictures In reply to
Those pics are in outer space. The shuttle was already back in the atmosphere (and in daylight) at the time of the explosion
Quote Reply
Re: [Mark Badolato] Shuttle Pictures In reply to
Yeah one is guessing they are fake :)
Quote Reply
They're fake for sure.
Cheers,
Michael Bray
Quote Reply
Re: [Mark Badolato] Shuttle Pictures In reply to
I would have thought we would have seen them in the media if they were real.

They are pretty spectacular pictures, I wonder where they came from??

Simon.
Quote Reply
That could have been done with photoshop. You could take a picture of an exploding car or plane or bus and then just drop it onto a scenic picture of earth :)

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 14, 2003, 4:34 AM
Quote Reply
Result of 10 minutes play with Photoshop 7 Wink

As you can see, an awfully big meteor is hurtling towards earth and there is a lazer beam from an alien spaceship bottom right.

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 14, 2003, 5:01 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Shuttle Pictures In reply to
That is an awful attempt. I take it you're not subscribed to FARK? :-)

- wil
Quote Reply
Actually they're from that horrid movie, Armageddon (1998 Touchtone Pictures). Opening sequences of the movie a shuttle is destroyed by meteor fragments.

Went through this exercise about a week ago on my e-mail list Wink

About 20 reasons why these photos would be incorrect aside from being from a movie.
Quote Reply
Auto-Response From PaulBot! In reply to
Hello,

This is an auto-reponse from PaulBot.

You have received this response because Paul feels it is not worth his time to repond personally to your message.

Better luck next time.

Thanks,
PaulBot.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Auto-Response From PaulBot! In reply to
Oh dear lord, grow up.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Auto-Response From PaulBot! In reply to
If you stopped flame baiting like I asked you to do via pm then the bot will have no reason to save me the effort of reading your posts :)

The simple way to avoid dealing with PaulBot is to make no replies to me :)

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 14, 2003, 7:40 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Auto-Response From PaulBot! In reply to
Paul: Grow up.

I'm out of here for the weekend.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Auto-Response From PaulBot! In reply to
*Paul cheers*
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] Shuttle Pictures In reply to
I am quite surprised though that there were no better pictures available.

One thing confusing me a bit is that the shuttle blew to pieces yet it was reported that the bodies of all crew members were found....what are the chances of that!

I'm sure the bodies were mangled but still, at that height and temperature I would have thought they'd be incinerated.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Shuttle Pictures In reply to
Quote:
One thing confusing me a bit is that the shuttle blew to pieces yet it was reported that the bodies of all crew members were found....what are the chances of that!

They found remains of all crew members, big difference. My sister's family lives right smack in the middle of the debris field. Lovely stories going around about the bits and pieces found in those parts.

As to quality pictures, don't know if you've done much photography of objects 40 miles away doing mach 16+ . . .
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] Shuttle Pictures In reply to
Quote:
They found remains of all crew members, big difference.

As I said, I can imagine they were badly mangled, but like I also said, at that height and heat I'd have expected them to have been cremated.

Quote:
As to quality pictures, don't know if you've done much photography of objects 40 miles away doing mach 16+ . . .

Well err I'm not talking about taking photos with a $10 dollar disposable camera.
Quote Reply
Shocked Totally fake- it was re-entering the atmosphere, remember? These are from a movie. See: http://www.cadenhead.org/...elievablePhotos.html

Last edited by:

Alex: Mar 18, 2003, 5:43 PM