Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Saddam captured!

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [cornball] Saddam captured! In reply to
I am not too educated in what happened the last years or decades even though I regret it and there are still questions w(a|o)ndering around in my head. In my humble opinion the war against Iraq was not really a matter of helping the people there (yes there have been discussions about this before) but it seems to me that there are more economy based reasons for this war. Even though I hate the facts that I hear about the deeds that Saddam did I cannot believe that he is only part as cruel and a genius as he is said to be. If there was a BIG plan or danger, then why did not happen anything - besides the war.

It looks to me that Saddam lost his sense of reality and went a little lunatic. A man with even little brains would have seen his power in danger - even if he is king of a subdued country - when the US start threatening him. If he was a thinking man he would have allowed all the inspections to keep his power and his wealth. Having a bunch of people doing some inspections straving around the country is nothing compared to what he lost now. Maybe he read too much about Stalin I donīt know but as there happened nothing to avoid what happened to him there was no plan and he is - in my opinion - nothing more than a regretable former dictator now just out of his mind. As already mentioned I do not like him based on the things I heard about what he did to people and I appreciate that hopefully there might be a better future for the people of Iraq (maybe the situation will get even worse but we will see) which is mainly to be credited to the american troops.

Merry Christmas

Niko

Last edited by:

el noe: Dec 24, 2003, 7:20 AM
> >