Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

SIT => RSC

Quote Reply
SIT => RSC
I've just installed Stuffit (on Windows) to extract a SIT file and I am left with loads of 0 byte RSC files.

Does anyone know the software I need to read the RSC files?

Last edited by:

RedRum: Jan 23, 2002, 6:30 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] SIT => RSC In reply to
Depends.

http://www.google.com/...ile+format&hl=en

States that it's just a generic resource file.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] SIT => RSC In reply to
Hmm they are all just extracted as 0 bytes from the SIT file.
Quote Reply
hm. Spooky. All your base are belong to us ;-)

- wil
Quote Reply
The RSC file is a "resource fork" - it's a MAC thing... that's about all I know. It contains (in the MAC world) information about the file - what it is, what it does, etc.

Maybe QooQ could explain it better?

-Mike.
BTW, Eklektikos is on...
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] SIT => RSC In reply to
QooQ pointed me towards a site that had loads of cool icons so that is what I've downloaded.

I have the windows version of stuffit but all the rsc files just get extracted as 0 bytes so I assume that means I can't use rsc files on a Windows OS Unsure

The icons re awesome too :(

Last edited by:

RedRum: Jan 23, 2002, 10:07 AM
Quote Reply
In the past when our MAC users saved mac files to the network it would save two files (bob.jpg and bob.rsc) if I recall correctly it would actually create a directory or folder for the rsc file (?) and you could use the 'good' file and just ignore the other.

bob.jpg
\resourcefrk\bob.rsc

or something ?!?!

It's been too long ago (we were using appletalk version 0.00 back then).
Quote Reply
Ah yeah! You're right. It gives information about the file and the folder that it's in. It does create a folder yes. Ever opened a floppy disk from a Mac?

- wil
Quote Reply
It created a directory with the name of the sit file and then all the src's within had the icon names but there were no ico's to be found :(
Quote Reply
Re: SIT => RSC In reply to
rsc ... yep it's a resource fork with all kinds of information of the apps creator (application that is ..) and such.

hmmm ..... resource information is a 2 way street ... not really sure I like em ... especially now on a bsd system ....

Sorry have no clue about how these things work on a wintel machine ....

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile