Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Repairing Office

Quote Reply
Repairing Office
Hi,

I've just spent about 20 minutes trying to use the repair function of Office 2003 and getting a request for a cab file that wasn't on the original CD I installed it with (I'm pretty sure). Then relaunching and getting an error saying that an OLE registration error occured and I had to repair again.

I thought ****** that and uninstalled word and then re-installed it and voilą it works.

So much for following MS advice about what to do when you come across an error !

John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] Repairing Office In reply to
Yep... I tried to use the "repair" function in Outlook (click Help --> Repair) and it "installed" "something" but never actually "repaired" anything that I could tell. It seems like MS would have a little more verbage on it's dialogue box. It prompted to me to accept some kind of EULA (lic agree) but once again never hinted as to *what* exactly I had installed or what it had done. It was kindof expecting it to re-index and pack a db or something, or look for corrupt files maybe.

Hmm...

Last edited by:

Watts: Nov 17, 2005, 11:25 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] Repairing Office In reply to
Hi I actually fixed this by using this command (from a website I forgot to bookmark) that registers the OLE dll.

After having re-installed I got the same error again and used this command that seems to have fixed it :

Code:
Regsvr32.exe %Windir%\System32\Ole32.dll

May help somebody else some other day. I tried a command that registered office with regards to it's GUID that I had to go find with regedit but that didn't work !

John
Significant Media