Quote Reply
Fries anyone? ;)
LOL....this is a bit silly IMO....have a read;

http://www.canoe.ca/...f.lf-02-21-0013.html

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Fries anyone? ;) In reply to
The stupid thing being that the French Fries are actually made in the US anyway - I expect they don't import potatoes from France Wink ...so really they are just wasting their own money.

I can understand the idea behind the French wine though.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Fries anyone? ;) In reply to
>>>The stupid thing being that the French Fries are actually made in the US anyway - I expect they don't import potatoes from France ...so really they are just wasting their own money. <<<

I know...LOL....it had me in stitches of laughter for ages :p

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Fries anyone? ;) In reply to
Maybe we should export some of the American Fries that are available in stores in the UK. Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [wysardry] Fries anyone? ;) In reply to
Laugh

Just had a thought.. (dangerous, I know..lol)...So we can't eat French Bread either? Or Baguettes? Both of which are made in whatever country they are sold in Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Fries anyone? ;) In reply to
In the case of French fries, French bread etc. the "French" part actually refers to origin of the recipe/preparation method, rather than where they are produced today.

The origins of the people and culture of the USA are based in the UK and Europe, so they would lose much of their heritage by shunning it.

The country is relatively new in historical terms, and everyone and everything not connected to the Native Americans was imported from somewhere else.

There aren't many countries that haven't imported at least some of their people and culture from elsewhere, either willingly or from being invaded in their past.

It would be virtually impossible to sort out who and what came originally from where, and it would do more harm than good to try.

I guess even in the global village, neighbours fall out when one of them forgets to return the lawnmower. Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [wysardry] Fries anyone? ;) In reply to
It seems the US has stolen all our town and city names too :)