Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

A war against Iraq?

(Page 1 of 18)
> >

A war against Iraq?
Will this be happened? I fear that would be happened soon. I don't know if it is neccessary.
What do you think about this?

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog

Re: [tandat] A war against Iraq? In reply to
I don't know...but its quite a scray thought it we do all go to war Unsure

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

I think it will happen and that it is necessary.

If nothing is done and he keeps creating weapons of mass destruction then we all lose out in the end. If we go to war and stop him then in the short term it is messy, I agree, but in the long term I think it will be good for everyone.

Re: [Paul] A war against Iraq? In reply to
OH, really?
Did he use weapons of mass destructon? I know that US has used nuclear weapons for Japan. So why we think he will use this weapons?

Cheers,

Dat

Blog

My mate is in the voluntry Terrotorial Army...he's just been sent his papers to call him up Unimpressed

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Quote:
So why we think he will use this weapons?

Anyone who kills thousands of his own people and supposedly has links with al-qaida is a threat.

If he's not going to use them, why is he making and hiding them?

But we don't have any evidences to prove that he link to Al-quaida

Cheers,

Dat

Blog

http://search.yahoo.com/...addam+links+al-qaida

...and what about the answer to the other question?

Re: [Andy] A war against Iraq? In reply to
I reckon if I was unlucky enough to live in a country where the dictator tortures and kills his own people I would want the International community to come and sort him out.

Needless to say I didn`t go on the peace march.

chmod

Re: [chmod] A war against Iraq? In reply to
The peace march is such a fallacy.

Everyone was getting thrills because over 1 million people came to London for the march. Fair enough but it's not the behaviour of westerners to go on a "Pro-War" march, but if it was you'd probably see a heck of a lot more than 1 million people.

Last edited by:

Paul: Feb 18, 2003, 1:57 AM

I don't think that is the answer

Cheers,

Dat

Blog

What isn't?

Quote:
Anyone who kills thousands of his own people and supposedly has links with al-qaida is a threat.

If he's not going to use them, why is he making and hiding them?

You are the politicans and the spin doctors dream target.

Do you *really* believe everything you read and see in the media?

- wil

Re: [Wil] A war against Iraq? In reply to
Erm, isn't that the point of the media? To let you know whats going on. Fair enough, not all the papers tell the exact truth...but its known for a fact that he kills his own people.....he even killed his own brother in an assasin foiling plot aparantly Unsure

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk

Wow. This is very worrying. You believe everything you read, Andy? I mean, do you honestly believe when some US official tells us that "there are links between Iraq and Al-Qaeda", you believe him? Just because it's reported in the press?

Ever heard of propoganda, lies, spin?

Saddam is a secular Iraqi nationalist who doesn't conform to Muslim religious law of Sharia, is a classic example of Osama bin Laden's best enemy. Bin Laden has continously vowed to topple Arab leaders like Saddam who don't embrace Islamic fundamentalism.

Now if you read outside of the box, and look further than Western press and propoganda, then you'll notice a few Arabic press are even dismissing this US led propoganda as unfounded. The Arabic newspaper Al Quds quotes the editor as saying "Osama bin Laden hates Saddam Hussein and considers him an infidel,". He says bin Laden was even ready to help liberate Kuwait when it was invaded by Iraq in 1990.

Now, this doesn't exactly fit in with the perfect picture of Bin Laden and Saddam planning to blow up the US over a cup of coffee now, does it? But I'll doubt you'll see the other side of the coin in the Western press, if that is all you read and if it's all you believe.

I urge you to think outside of the box. Look at your multiple sources -- come to your own conculsion. Don't just take the journalist, the editor, or the paper's backer or sponsors word for it. Stop giving into propoganda and you'll have a far healthier attitude towards the world and it's people.

- wil

Last edited by:

Wil: Feb 18, 2003, 3:01 AM

Re: [Wil] A war against Iraq? In reply to
I had this exact same conversation with someone over MSN messager yesterday. It ended ina deadlock. He still believed the same as you, and I still believed what I do. Its not really a clean cut case. As you say, there is propoganda everywhere, which makes it even harder to find the real truth.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk

I agree with Wil. The Saddam-al-Qaida link is totally fabricated as is the entire Iraq issue. Looking at the global peace movement it is good to know that there's still common sense.

In Reply To:
Its not really a clean cut case. As you say, there is propoganda everywhere, which makes it even harder to find the real truth.

Read books, consult independent media, draw your own conclusions and be very sceptical in regard to any info propagated through mass media. Just think of the first Gulf War which was a veritable masterpiece of disinformation from the very beginning.

Smile

Re: [Thomas.] A war against Iraq? In reply to
>>>I agree with Wil. The Saddam-al-Qaida link is totally fabricated as is the entire Iraq issue. Looking at the global peace movement it is good to know that there's still common sense. <<<

I'm not saying that the link between them is right. I'm simply saying that i think we should get rid of Sadam, and all his weapons, before he decides to get his own back, and use them on us, and the other countries of the world.

As Paul correctly said, why lie and build the weapons if he has no need to attack anyone?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk

Quote:
The Saddam-al-Qaida link is totally fabricated as is the entire Iraq issue.

Ok, so apparently I'm wrong and the link is fabricated, but what makes you think your sources of information are superior to mine?

Unless you work for MI5 or the Pentagon then I very much doubt you can tell me I'm wrong and vice versa.

The irony I see in Wil's post is that he's telling us to make up our own minds yet he based his post on information from Arabic newspapers which are well known for posting worthless information.

So the way I see it is supposedly I'm wrong for basing my views on evidence provided by Colin Powell, US spy planes, photographs, known facts, yet yourself and WIl are correct because you read something somewhere written by an Arab with a gudge against the west.

Ok, I guess your argument beats mine, I'll give up.

I am not defending Saddam, he's without doubt a ruthless dictator. But he already was when the U.S. supported him in the 80s. Now they pretend to be haunted by the ghosts they created.

In Reply To:
I'm simply saying that i think we should get rid of Sadam, and all his weapons, before he decides to get his own back, and use them on us, and the other countries of the world. As Paul correctly said, why lie and build the weapons if he has no need to attack anyone?

Then what about North Korea, Israel, India, Pakistan and other nuclear powers? Where is that "missionary zeal" in their case? I call these double standards.

In Reply To:
Ok, so apparently I'm wrong and the link is fabricated, but what makes you think your sources of information are superior to mine?

I didn't say my sources were superior, I just advised you not to believe everything reported by mass media.

In Reply To:
The irony I see in Wil's post is that he's telling us to make up our own minds yet he based his post on information from Arabic newspapers which are well known for posting worthless information.

Wow, you are not prejudiced, are you? How many Arab newspapers do you read per day? Besides, what Wil has stated are known facts that can be easily verified, also by non-Arab sources (to make it easier for you).

In Reply To:
Ok, I guess your argument beats mine, I'll give up.

Don't give up, Paul, just open your mind and your eyes to get the whole picture. Smile

No. The difference is I read both sources, and not only mass-hyped-up-media sources. I read books. I read and study history. I come to my own conclusions.

I just don't sit there as a turkey while some US official spoon-feeds me information and expects me to believe it.

And for your information, the outgoing CIA director has publicly said that there is absolutely no evidence existing that can prove a link between al-qeada and Iraq, although he did say it's more "probable" post September the 11th. Yes, that's an outgoing director, but still a very credible source by your standards it seems.

- wil

Last edited by:

Wil: Feb 18, 2003, 4:14 AM

Quote:
I'm simply saying that i think we should get rid of Sadam, and all his weapons, before he decides to get his own back, and use them on us, and the other countries of the world. As Paul correctly said, why lie and build the weapons if he has no need to attack anyone?

Quote:
Then what about North Korea, Israel, India, Pakistan and other nuclear powers? Where is that "missionary zeal" in their case? I call these double standards.

I would also throw in America and Britain into this crowd. Where are the American nuclear weapons of mass destruction? Do we know all there is to know about these too?

- wil

Quote:
Wow, you are not prejudiced, are you?

Does stating known facts makes me prejudiced?

Quote:
just open your mind and your eyes to get the whole picture

Well that's the cliched response when someone happens to not believe the same as another :)

Last edited by:

Paul: Feb 18, 2003, 4:19 AM

What weapons of mass destruction.
No one has shown that he actually has any.
Yes he may have had some, yes he is not a very nice man, yes he has a few missiles that he really shouldn't have, but there is yet no actual proof that he has any weapons of mass destruction.
The weapons inspectors have not been able to find any proof, the UN has no proof, the US say they do but all that has been debunked by the weapons inspectors.
There is no reason at this stage for a war. If they find proof than that is a different matter but you can't attack a country just because they may be a threat in the future, gee that would be half the countries of the world.
Who next? Iran, North Korea, well maybe not North Korea as they don't have any oil and they have the weapons to fight back.
The weapons inspectors must be given the time to do there job.
Wake up it's not about weapons of mass destruction, it,s all about oil oil oil oil oil oil................

Bob

Re: [lanerj] A war against Iraq? In reply to
If you think it's all about oil then you probably need to wake up :)
> >