Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

My Daughter is missing.

Quote Reply
My Daughter is missing.
Folks, this is a post I never dreamed I'd ever be making.

Many of you who know me, know what I (we've) been through the past 4-5 years with my daughter. She is special needs, with limited understanding of the real world, and a severe siezer disorder and emotional/mental illness. She is only 14, but easily looks 18 or older if you want her to. She's been in residential placement for most of the past year, and has been home less than 2 months.

Last night, for no obvious reason, she copped an attitude, and ran. We didn't notice she was gone for at least 10 minutes, since she was simply supposed to be taking out the garbage. We spotted her about a half hour later almost 2 miles from our home, heading for trouble. Assumptions about where she was going didn't pan out, at least yet.

She has been over 24 hours without her medicine, and she has real problems with the heat. Her symptoms (even on full medication) are worse when she gets hot, either from ambient temperature or from running around. She does not convulse, but rather gets disorented, pushes on her stomach as if it was a nervous tic, and can pass out or get argumentative. All of this puts her at risk with strangers who could misinterpret her actions.

*PLEASE* take a look at the following poster:

http://pugdog.com/missing

For information and pictures. (I will be updating it with additional information as I think of it).

By now she could really be anywhere. She has no fear or issues about hooking up with strangers because they "look nice." She could be heading _anywhere_ because she heard of it, and the driver said he was going there. She has *NO* reality testing, none.

My wife is slowly falling apart, and my other daughter is holding it together barely.

She has never been gone this long, nor in this manner, or heat.

Anything you can do to put up the posters, or keep an eye out, especially if you are in a few hundred miles of Pittsburgh, or places like "florida" or "California" that she might have heard of.

I'm not a religious man, but for those of you who believe in such things, until now she has had a guardian angel (if you knew her history you'd believe too), so your prayers can help.

I don't know what else to do, but the police have been wonderful with their support, and we are waiting for whether they will set it out as a full amber alert or not. But she is now severely at risk, and I, and my family need your help. Your eyes, your window or webspace, your prayers.

Thank you.

Robert S. Pataki, MD
"PUGDOG"
and family.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] My Daughter is missing. In reply to
We got her from the police a short while ago, and she's been taken to the hospital for check up.

Thanks to all those who sent their prayers and wellwishes.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Hi,

Wow... that was a shocking read this morning Unimpressed

Glad she's been found again though Angelic

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Reading the forum again after long time, and got shocked on your post.

Glad that she was found, and I hope everything is fine with her.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...

Last edited by:

webmaster33: Sep 19, 2005, 4:14 PM
Quote Reply
Hey pugdog

I'm so sorry you've had to go through something like this. You really seem to have had some hard times and I'm glad there was a good outcome to your post. I completely missed this and was quite shocked reading your post.

Take care,

John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Whew! Glad she's back Smile

------------------------------------------