Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Your current browser?

Quote Reply
Your current browser?
Hi everyone,
Just wondering ,which browser you are using currently and why?
At the moment, I use IE. So much used to IE don't feel like avoiding it.
cheers,
Priyanka
http://www.m6.net
M6.Net - Multi-sites hosting account on Windows 2003
Quote Reply
Re: [priyanka-m6.net] Your current browser? In reply to
Firefox 1.0.2 - best browser available in Linux, best one for development work, and the most customisable.

Adrian
Quote Reply
FireFox 1.0.2. tabbed browsing, built in pop-up blocker, very customizable, much less security risk than IE. I never use IE anymore for anything other than pages that absolutely will not work without it (ex. Windows Update).

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Your current browser? In reply to
I am using IE for normal use (so many people using it).
Opera, Firefox & Netscape latest versions for testing.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] Your current browser? In reply to
In Reply To:
FireFox 1.0.2. tabbed browsing, built in pop-up blocker, very customizable, much less security risk than IE. I never use IE anymore for anything other than pages that absolutely will not work without it (ex. Windows Update).
Agreed. Also has a wicked little Javascript debugger, which actually gives *helpfull* error messages! WAHOO!

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Firefox definitely rules! Much, much quicker browsing, and more skins than you can shake a dead cat at. Plus, easy to switch to from another browser since Firefox will import data (including saved bookmarks, passwords, cookies, etc.) and settings from your other browser when you install Firefox - although my bookmarks were no longer in alphabetical order, and I had to reorder them. In a nutshell, get Firefox, and make it your default browser.

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Re: [dan] Your current browser? In reply to
Although a lot of people like to say Firefox renders content faster, I don't think that's the case. IE and Opera are faster, but as a developer, you can't beat all the extensions and configurability that Firefox gives you.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Your current browser? In reply to
I'd have to disagree - at least from my perspective with regard to rendering content. It was the first thing that stood out. Mind you, it is anecdotal. It could be that my MSIE is bloated with third-party applications operating in the background, or perhaps MSIE is not properly configured. At any rate, Firefox has alot going for it including the extensions and configurability. And, any chance I can take to put MS on the back burner or relegated to that trash heap, always appeals to me =)

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
I use Firefox for every day use and development. I do try to make sure my projects work in IE too though. I also have to use IE for Windows updates.

~Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] Your current browser? In reply to
I'm using Opera, for many of the same reasons mentioned above, but mainly for speed, compared to IE its twice as fast.

You do have some issue's with some pages in Opera, so I will use IE for those pages, the problem is rare though.

Regards

minesite
Quote Reply
Re: [minesite] Your current browser? In reply to
I've just been testing my GLinks templates in various browsers.

Layout etc. appears to be fine but I am finding that Opera stalls and does not open all the images- the message at the bottom of the browser saying
request queued for sending to http:// ...............

I can use the other browsers (IE, Netscape & Firefox) to open the same page and Opera is still stalled.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] Your current browser? In reply to
Same as everyone else and for the same reasons.

FIREFOX Rulez....
Quote Reply
Re: [Gypsypup] Your current browser? In reply to
In Reply To:
Same as everyone else and for the same reasons.

FIREFOX Rulez....
Yeahhh Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [Gypsypup] Your current browser? In reply to
+1 vote for Mozilla (same as Firefox)

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Your current browser? In reply to
Mozilla developers have decided not to release any new version of Mozilla browser.They will be concentration on other products.
cheers,
Priyanka
http://www.m6.net
M6.Net - Multi-sites hosting account on Windows 2003
Quote Reply
Where did you read this info?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Ok, got it:
http://www.winplanet.com/article/2802-.htm

This says:
Quote:
"The ongoing alpha and beta releases of Seamonkey 1.8 have suggested that the Mozilla Foundation itself will be creating a 1.8 final release. This is not our plan," the Mozilla.org posting said. "The 1.8 releases have been for testing our backend. We intend that the 1.7.x line of releases will be the last long-lived, maintained versions released by the Mozilla Foundation.

But also writes the following:
Quote:
However, a group of at least 10 developers, led by Boris Zbarsky, posted an open letter to the Foundation right before the official announcement about the end of Mozilla Suite.
"If the Foundation is willing to grant us the right to use the SeaMonkey trademark for this purpose, we propose to call these releases 'SeaMonkey Suite' and keep the current version numbering," the group's letter states.
So the Mozilla project is likely continued in the future under SeaMonkey name...

Also note, that the Firefox browser development is continued, which is the SAME code what was used in Mozilla suite...

I don't see any worries about the announcement you wrote.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Your current browser? In reply to
I just came upon the Avant Browser.... and I like that. Tabbed browsing (of a sort) and a lot of other nice things (blocks Flash- I LIKE that). Based on IE, but a bit more secure. Just started playing with it this morning, but I think it is worth a look. I have FF, but for some reason, I just am not warming to that one...
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase