Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Who Will Iraqi's Have As Their Leader?

Quote Reply
Who Will Iraqi's Have As Their Leader?
Three names are doing rounds a lot:

General Nizar Al-Khazraji:who according to many Human Rights groups was the field commander who launched the chemical attack on Halabjah in 1988. And not surprisingly, David Mack, a senior official in the US State department, arguing that Khazraji enjoys a good military reputation and the right ingredients as a future leader in Iraq. Possibly attempt of rewarding for testing the US supplied Chemical Weapons.

Brigadier General Najib Al Salihi:who played a significant role in Iraq’s putting down of an uprising after the end of the last Gulf war and defected in 1995 and now heads the CIA sponsored Iraq Free Officers Movement. CIA would probably want to have the remote control of the 'Iraqi leader In Iraq'

Ahmad Chalabi:known not for his political opposition to Saddam but because of his fleeing to London from Jordan after allegations that he embezzled funds from a bank he used to own. Chalabi is remembered in Jordan in the same way Robert Maxwell is remembered in the UK.

So are Iraqis really going to have a leader of their choice or are they going to have embezzlers, CIA stooges ...... it is really doubtful that American Democracy will ever allow True Democracy in Iraq.
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Who Will Iraqi's Have As Their Leader? In reply to
Yeah let's hope its one of those guys just to piss you off =)
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Who Will Iraqi's Have As Their Leader? In reply to
It wouldn't pis me off. It would just show another shame less face of the "Messiah's Of Democracy"

Smile
Quote Reply
Well if you are not bothered stop whinging =)
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Who Will Iraqi's Have As Their Leader? In reply to
You can't be my dictator for sure.

Tongue
Quote Reply
Double yawn...
Quote Reply
If you have accss to ysterday's Guardian newspaper (probably archived online) they have a very in-depth profile of each 'candidate' which makes for an interesting read.

Apparently that 'general' you mentioned is a corrupt multi-mullionaire who made his money from engineering WMD, which is sadly ironic.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Who Will Iraqi's Have As Their Leader? In reply to
But then again, I guess we have to remember: The Americans put Saddam into power, too. Who knows what the next 'leader' will be like?

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Who Will Iraqi's Have As Their Leader? In reply to
Quote:
But then again, I guess we have to remember: The Americans put Saddam into power, too. Who knows what the next 'leader' will be like?

The pampering of the Dictators by American Administration is nothing new. They do it, fund it for its growth and then when the Dictator becomes a Cult figure then American Administration goes about eliminating them as they would not want any Dictator but American President to unleash terror on civilization of world.
Quote Reply
You must be interviewing for the Iraqi Information Minister job opening.
Quote Reply
Re: [estjohn] Who Will Iraqi's Have As Their Leader? In reply to
Oh no never. I hate to work for any nation which has a long history of Spreading Terrorism in name of Democracy under the cover of 911 and i have reasons for not working for "Thieves Of Baghdad"

Last edited by:

anup123: Apr 14, 2003, 1:45 AM
Quote Reply
Anything constructive to add?
Like WHO would be OK to lead Iraq? Or HOW they should be selected? WHAT form of government?
--
Rob

SW Montana's Online Community
Modular Model Railroading

Last edited by:

BeaverheadRiver: Apr 14, 2003, 7:44 AM