Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

"New" Yahoo! Homepage

Quote Reply
"New" Yahoo! Homepage
If anyone hasn't been to Yahoo! lately, they are in the midst of re-designing their web site:

http://www.yahoo.com/beta.html
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] "New" Yahoo! Homepage In reply to
Doesn't look too bad IMO. Quite a bit cleaner than their old design. I'm not really too worried though...cos I use Google most of the time now, as it gets results 99% of the time :)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] "New" Yahoo! Homepage In reply to
That design is basically the same as the old one with a few more colors here and there...its a bit nicer on the eye but nothing great.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] "New" Yahoo! Homepage In reply to
ahhhh, but the enlarged advertising and sponsorship opportunity areas mean one thing, more area to sell rather than create content for.

I am still partial to the old layout due to it only having a few spots for ads and sponsors.

Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] "New" Yahoo! Homepage In reply to
Thats because they are losing money fast so need to start earning revenue somehow :)

Last edited by:

Paul: Jul 1, 2002, 8:20 AM
Quote Reply
Yeah..maybe then they will get rid of those pain in the arse pop-unders they have for that crappy little digi-camera! Thats another reason I tend not to use them now Frown

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
1. Download Mozilla.
2. Turn 'pop-up's off.
3. Turn 'pop-unders' off.

The only web browser you can do that without having any affect on other Javascript functions.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] "New" Yahoo! Homepage In reply to
That is until a new as type comes out!Wink
Quote Reply
>>
The only web browser you can do that without having any affect on other Javascript functions
<<

Yep you can turn off pop-ups woo, but then you are left with a shitty browser.
Quote Reply
What's "shitty" about it. Please. Name me examples of a few things that you don't like about it. You can get it to look exactly like IE with skins as previously mentioned, so I honestly don't understand what's "shitty" about it.

- wil
Quote Reply
Well you just named the first reason yourself....you have to go and install a skin before it starts to look half decent Tongue.
Quote Reply
>>for that crappy little digi-camera!

That thing drives me mad! If you use the latest version of Morpheus, you get the slowly appearing xxx ad appear from the bottom right hand side of your browser. I thought my computer was crashing the first time I saw it.

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins
Quote Reply
major turnoff in my opinion is that it doesn't come with any plugins. (that's the Linux version I'm talking about)

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator