Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Snow!

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Snow! In reply to
I once saw somebody blow an engine trying to get off an ice patch, very bad. You know you can't by insurance for that!

For those who get little or no snow to drive in, here are some fun things to think about; Your car gets stuck and you are by yourself - leave the car in gear and step out the door and push it back and forth, then when it gets moving, jump back in.

Find a big empty parking lot and do "donuts" which is really a fun way to see how your car handles on ice and good pratice at getting the car back under control.

I was on a city bus one day when about 15 kids through about 100 snowballs at it, man it was loud inside.

Go to the top floor of a parking garage and toss snowballs at car 9 floors down.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Snow! In reply to
Bah, my sister just called. She's just arrived in New Zealand.

She left at 2.30pm yesterday, flew for about 8 hours to get to Los Angeles, had a 3 hour wait and then a 13 hour flight to NZ....she called almost as soon as she arrived and it was 10am on sunday - she called me from the future - go figure Wink

She said it was hot too!...ugh.

Last edited by:

Paul: Feb 8, 2003, 5:09 PM
Quote Reply
Woohoo, we also got alot of snow, I love snow...mmmMmmm nice!
Quote Reply
Re: [speedmonster] Snow! In reply to
hehe... sleet, snow, freezing rain all last night and today. I decided to skip work today. Well, the weather decided for me. I couldn't get my car doors unstuck to get my scraper and de-icing spray out.

Gonna spend the next two days playing video games, work on Tuesday, and then I'm off on paid vacation with relatives till next Monday :-)

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
It has been really cold here on Cape Ann, Massachusetts (yesterday about -25 F, with the wind chill). After getting about 12 inches of snow last week, we are now due for about 12-18 inches more tomorrow and tomorrow night, with coastal high winds and possibly damaging waves at a full moon high tide to boot!

We have had a brutal winter so far, with very cold temperatures, a lot of snow, and a lot of very windy days from the cold Canadian venue to our north.

Whoaa... I do like winter weather, but I'm really ready for our cold and windy winter to end!

At least this weather has encouraged me to try to implement HAMweather into my site!

ronzo
Quote Reply
Re: [ronzo] Snow! In reply to
>>
Massachusetts
<<

Isn't that where the mighty New Yankee Workshop is? Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [ronzo] Snow! In reply to
It's raining today here Smile

The last couple of winters, we've had maybe 1 or 2 days of snow, but it never amounts to anything, and never sticks for more than a day or two. This winter, it hasn't snowed at all, and the early flowers (pansies and whatnot) are starting to come up Cool

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Andy,

I can beat your story :) Had a couple of drinks at uni before I decided to drive home (I was under the legal blood-alcohol level.) and I was driving home. Stopped at a redlight, looked across, and saw some guy in the car next to me smiling at me. I nod my head (meaning I'm going to race him off at the lights.) Unfortunatly he wasn't smiling for that reason, he was just being nice. I sped off, and the guy turns his sirens on. It was a bloody cop car and I didn't realise.

A few hundred dollars and a few points lost from my license later...

Moral of the story: Don't race a cop off at the lights.
Cheers,
Michael Bray
Quote Reply
Re: [Michael_Bray] Snow! In reply to
I had another good one. The girl over the road is a cop (used to be a programmer in C++, believe it or not...lol). She was at the lights, and some guy tried to race her (not realising she was a police woman)...he went through a red light, trying to be clever. She turned on her siren, and pulled him over. The funniest bit was, that he had only passed his test that very day Tongue

How unlucky is that ;)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
ugh, snow.... when is the blasted stuff going to melt.

I miss the sun and the beaches of Santa Barbara Unsure

Stupid stories ... ugh...
One night on a date, I was coming down from a look out necking point and drove over the little tar bumps that California uses in place of a guard rail. My car ended up slanting at about 50 degrees. Need 2 tow trucks to lift me up and out of that gully like formation. Needless to say I didn't get any that night!! Now that sucked more than the $70 tow charge.

Blush

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [Michael_Bray] Snow! In reply to
Ditto. I was 16 and decided everyone would be really impressed if I "peeled-out" at the red light and sped away really fast. Boy, were they impressed; not by my driving skills, but how quickly the cop that I didn't notice (sitting at the same light) caught up to me and pulled me over. Blush
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] Snow! In reply to
LOL....at least I ain't the only one with stupid stories Laugh

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Finally...

Okay, it didn't snow, but we did get *a lot* of ice.

Better late than never

Much fun!
> >