Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Decrypt a password

Quote Reply
Decrypt a password
Hi,

Can anyone help me? I lost my password, but I still have the encrypted one... Is it possible to decrypt it?
I hope, some of you can...
Quote Reply
Re: [TheLord] Decrypt a password In reply to
That's a good one!

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Sure, whats the encrypted password?

I'll need to know what service/website it is for to decrypt it.

Last edited by:

Paul: Jan 15, 2003, 6:56 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Decrypt a password In reply to
You can't decrpyt Unix base accounts. They use one way encryption.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Decrypt a password In reply to
You don't say.

Who mentioned unix?
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Decrypt a password In reply to
I think Paul was messing about Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Decrypt a password In reply to
I was hoping to get the encrypted password and website name so I could report it.

Sigh.

Last edited by:

Paul: Jan 15, 2003, 9:39 AM
Quote Reply
Hi, it is actually rather serious to me. I know you were all thinking about hacking and others, but it is not that.

I had an account on neopets, that's a site about virtual pets (neopets.com) in the past, but I grow up and didn't went to that site nomore. Now, my sister grow up too, and she would play on that site too. So, I tried to find my password, but didn't find it... Now, that's not possible anymore, because you now have to fill in a correct email, and you can ask to email that password to you. In the past that way of handling was not possible.

If you can't help me, that's not bad, because I've created a new account for her. I just hoped that you could help me to find out that previous password, so she could use that account.
Quote Reply
I'm sure if you contact neopets with your account details they will help you out.

How did you get hold of the encryted password in the first place?
Quote Reply
Well, they work with cookies. How I did it, I don't know, but normally I store the username and password. I've looked now in the file, and saw I didn't store that password, but something different. What it is, I don't know, I don't know a lot about computers at all. I ask someone what it was, and he told me that it was probably an encryption... However I thought it was easy te decypt it again, so I asked my question here.