Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Not a happy bunny!

Quote Reply
Not a happy bunny!
I got dragged out of bed this morning to find my car window had been smashed and £1000 worth of golf equipment had bitten the dust (7 days old I might add).

MadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMad
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Not a happy bunny! In reply to
Man, that hurts!!! Will insurance cover the cost? At least you learned a very valuable lesson - never store valuables in your car, regardless of where it is parked. Having had 2 cars stolen (the last one stolen three times, including twice from underground secure parking) and cars broken in to numerous times, I don't even leave change in the car. I don't want them coming away with anything.

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln

Last edited by:

dan: Jun 13, 2003, 1:30 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [dan] Not a happy bunny! In reply to
It seems the most the insurance company will give me is £250 MadUnsurePirate

The annoying thing is I never leave anything in the car normally. I got home about 8pm last night and got out of the car and went inside to put some shopping in the cupboard and then when my dad puts his car in the garage he normally lets me know that mine needs emptying and the radio taken out.

Last night, the one night he forgot and I forgot, the fricken thing gets broken in to.

The pissy thing is that they left my damn CD player and just took my golf equipment. They could have taken the CD player for all I cared Mad

I swear, I'd love to have heard the window smash last night. There would have been open cans of whoopass all over the street.

Last edited by:

Paul: Jun 13, 2003, 1:35 AM
Quote Reply
Damn thieves, always one step ahead - one momentary lapse, and they are on you like ugly on an ape. With a little sniffing, you might be able to find your gear. Unless they are golfers themselves, they will be selling them somewhere. Check around the shops (local and outlying). Were the clubs tagged or engraved in some way so that you can identify them?

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
My friend who I play golf with knows a couple of "dodgy" guys who may be able to do some "researching" as to the location of my property. I won't hold my breath.

I'm now dripping with blood after trying to clear up the glass Mad
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
I'm now dripping with blood after trying to clear up the glass Mad

I know the feeling. I couldn't move my finger for 5 days after clearing up the glass from my car, when it got broken into Frown The most annoying thing was that they didn't take anything! Th smashed the window, saw there was nothing valuable in it, and left (cos I had blacked out windows, they dind't know what was in it). Darn theives! Mad

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Just took the car in to get the window replaced and got a nice little courtesy car =)

http://buypower.vauxhall.co.uk/....jhtml&_DAV=Club

My dads going to see if the driveway is covered by the house insurance which will then certainly cover my costs.
Quote Reply
I hadn't realized that they still made Vauxhalls. They've comes along ways - nice cars. Your residential insurance should cover the theft, less the deductable.

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
More great news just in...I just realised I took my ipod to golf last night so the thieving little shits got that too Unsure

The insurance company for the house have said they can cover it though and will replace anything taken. I didn't realise about my ipod until just now so I hope they replace that too ;(
Quote Reply
Ahh, I see how this is going now. Oh know, wait, my laptop was also in my bag. Just kidding Smile Someone out there will be having some fun on the links. What sort of deductable do you have to pay?

As an aside, I've become accustomed to being robbed - happens, on average, every three to six months. Of late, I've had two bikes stolen on two separate occaisons in the past year - bikes locked to bike rack in locked bike cage inside secure underground parking. Now I store the bikes on our deck, on the fifth floor. But we do have cat burglars in Vancouver who scale highrises, so I'm waiting for the day that I'll go out on the deck and find the bikes gone Wink I know, unlikely - I can see him now, scaling down with a bike drawn over each shoulder. But if it could happen, it'll happen to me =)

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
I have to pay £50 excess.

I'm gonna feel really guilty claiming all this stuff - for example, I had 3 golf gloves in the side pocket. Claiming I had 3 gloves just sounds dodgy like I really had one but just want to free load an extra couple.
Quote Reply
That's not bad. You could account for two gloves - just tell them that you are ambidextrous. Then you could also claim two sets of clubs Wink

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Quote:
I can see him now, scaling down with a bike drawn over each shoulder.

Makes you want to grease the rails eh? Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [Aki] Not a happy bunny! In reply to
Hmmm, great idea! I also strategically placed banana peals on the deck surface, and suspended an anvil tied to the bikes - Wil E. Coyote would be proud =)

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Hmmm, great idea! I also strategically placed banana peals on the deck surface, and suspended an anvil tied to the bikes - Wil E. Coyote would be proud =)

Sounds like a masters thesis topic: An examination of the physics and engineering theories of Wil E. Coyote.
--
Rob

SW Montana's Online Community
Modular Model Railroading
Quote Reply
Re: [BeaverheadRiver] Not a happy bunny! In reply to
Smile Chapter One: Defying the Laws of Gravity Through Lack of Awareness and Cognizance

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Don't laugh, I've seen sillier submissions.
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Just took the car in to get the window replaced and got a nice little courtesy car =)
Luckily for the theives, your courtesy car is not a Hummer.... http://www.local6.com/.../2272794/detail.html
--
Rob

SW Montana's Online Community
Modular Model Railroading
Quote Reply
AAAAAAAAHHHH! My car has just been broken into! They've stolen pretty much all of my audio system setup (woth £600), 5 packets of cigarettes, and other personal stuff :(

Another NOT very happy bunny!

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
On a brighter note, I was able to cover everything on the house insurance so have a huuuge delivery coming on wednesday and my replacement ipod should be here on monday.

And on a related note, Apple seem to have discontinued the 5GB model so I *should* be getting the new design 10GB model...wooo Cool
Quote Reply
Wooooooo they are sending me the 15GB model and it should be here on monday Cool
Quote Reply
I can't claim anything on my one, cos it was 3rd party fire and theft, but if I claim, I loose my first years no claims bonus, which is a 35% discount for me, which I can't really afford to loose Frown

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk