Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Coke In India Found To Contain pesticides

(Page 3 of 3)
> >

Re: [ArmyAirForces] Coke/Pepsi/Fanta/Sprite In India Found To Contain pesticides....Is This A New Form Of Corporate Terrorism In reply to
Quote:
They reported that limited talks are underway with Union Carbide, given their experience in this area, so there will probably be noticeable progress within the next 12 to 36 months.

Yep and see many such "Andersons" the absconding culprit of UCC disaster and thankfully closure of coke and pepsi shop in India (just like UCC)

At this moment they are doing damage control excercise in press taking out big ads explaining their pov.

After CSE now i think they Coke will have to challenge the Kerala State Pollution Control Board and the farmers of their state who are agitating for having been supplied "Cadmium Enriched" sludge from the plant as a substitute for fertilizer....

Best Of Luck

Wink
Anup

Re: [anup123] Coke/Pepsi/Fanta/Sprite In India Found To Contain pesticides....Is This A New Form Of Corporate Terrorism In reply to
If you are the stereo-typical Indian, thank goodness I live no-where near India.

If the west is so bad, I wonder why Britain is full of immigrants.

Re: [Paul] Coke/Pepsi/Fanta/Sprite In India Found To Contain pesticides....Is This A New Form Of Corporate Terrorism In reply to
I never was a typical stereotypical Indian as you see in Britain. That's why I am here in my own country and not "Adopted Country". It's distassteful to hear such statements and adjectives as "Chocolates" from so called Civilized Human Beings.....

Go ask B(liar) who has been accepting Cheques from many of those immigrants.... Probably he would tell you why there are so many there.

Anup

---EDIT

And as per your "extrapolation theory" (which always ends up with the immigrants issue) the All England Badminton Champion (Indian in India) must also be an 'inferior human being' when he refused to do a commercial for Coke publicly making a statement that "It's Not Good For Health"

Last edited by:

anup123: Aug 9, 2003, 6:57 AM

Re: [anup123] Coke/Pepsi/Fanta/Sprite In India Found To Contain pesticides....Is This A New Form Of Corporate Terrorism In reply to
Quote:
Probably he would tell you why there are so many there.

I expect he'd tell me that the standard of living is so poor in India that people move over here for a better life, and when they do, they should pay taxes to the government like everyone else.

Last edited by:

Paul: Aug 9, 2003, 6:47 AM

Re: [Paul] Coke/Pepsi/Fanta/Sprite In India Found To Contain pesticides....Is This A New Form Of Corporate Terrorism In reply to
Quite naturally you ignored one thing which he would say and i couldn't resist putting down (though i had so far as you would have again extrapolated to something or the other in order to deviate)

"They have more brains" and last i heard was that a country in Europe was ammending its visa rules to accomoade few thousand professionals.

As for paying tax, well the bribe (comfortably cloaked as "donations") that he accepts must be far more than taxes. last i heard was he took a hefty amount for doing some immigrant a favour in Romania.....

Anup

I don't have a clue what the first two paragraphs are about, but as for the third one, you no doubt heard that from some Indian "source", either the media or government, which unfortunately has about as much credibility as Stephen Hawking as a 100m sprinter.

Quote:
I don't have a clue what the first two paragraphs are about

That more than answers your query factually about the immigrants issue.

Quote:
you no doubt heard that from some Indian "source", either the media or government, which unfortunately has about as much credibility as Stephen Hawking as a 100m sprinter.

At least i can believe my source going by the fact that they talked of B(liar's) lies much ahead f your "credible" media....

I wonder why so many MNC's are trying to move in where the standard of living is so poor. On employment issue, Coke's re-entry caused double the unemployment that the jobs that they provided as they ensured that other plants close their operations.

Whatever state it may be, the standard of living is much better than what was when Britishers plundered India (and have shamefully stacked few precious things of the loot in their museum). It is feeding three times the population that Britishers enslaved. Indeed where you have 15 UK in one boundary, the diversity, complexity and nature of problems cannot be guaged with same yardstick.

Anup

Come on guys... isn't this a bit of a dead ended thread? BOTH of you have your opinions, and I very much doubt either are going to change them. Just quit now PLEASE!

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Re: [Andy] Coke/Pepsi/Fanta/Sprite In India Found To Contain pesticides....Is This A New Form Of Corporate Terrorism In reply to
Well dead ended it is because the basic context of thread is lost. I could quit but I am sorry Paul wouldn't want me to quit. So i keep researching more and more and I am sure paul wouldn't believe that.

"Lord William Bentinck, (governor general of Bengal 1828-33, and later first governor general of all India), went so far as to announce plans to demolish the best Mogul monuments in Agra and Delhi and remove their marble facades. These were to be shipped to London, where they would be broken up and sold to members of the British aristocracy. Several of Shahjahan's pavilions in the Red Fort at Delhi were indeed stripped to the brick, and the marble was shipped off to England (part of this shipment included pieces for King George IV himself). Plans to dismantle the Taj Mahal were in place, and wrecking machinery was moved into the garden grounds. Just as the demolition work was to begin, news from London indicated that the first auction had not been a success, and that all further sales were cancelled -- it would not be worth the money to tear down the Taj Mahal. "

So.... if he tries to demonstrate some "Superiority" by quoting same old lines of immigrants/slave labour/human rights/living standards etc etc to every thread which "he interprets as anti west" then i think it would continue on ....

Anup

Re: [Andy] Coke/Pepsi/Fanta/Sprite In India Found To Contain pesticides....Is This A New Form Of Corporate Terrorism In reply to
OTH, has anybody noticed how Paul has changed in the last couple of months?

Paul's old icon:

Paul's new icon:

SmileWinkCoolBlushShockedSly

Last edited by:

BeaverheadRiver: Aug 9, 2003, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Paul wouldn't want me to quit

I'd be happy for you to quit and cure yourself of this bad case of verbal diarrohoea you seem to have.

Quote:
So.... if he tries to demonstrate some "Superiority" by quoting same old lines of immigrants/slave labour/human rights/living standards etc etc to every thread which "he interprets as anti west" then i think it would continue on ....

Remember who starts these threads....very repetitive and boring =)

Last edited by:

Paul: Aug 9, 2003, 5:24 PM

Quote:
I'd be happy for you to quit and cure yourself of this bad case of verbal diarrohoea you seem to have.
You need a cure for your aberrated psychological infection which seems to drag your intelligence to a monotonous stroll down some assumed aura of being able to correctly comprehend the posts.

Quote:
Remember who starts these threads....very repetitive and boring =)

Yes the thread really becomes boring when the context of thread is put into disarray by attempting to divert it to same old incurable disease of trying to enslave (minds body and soul). I never started this thread in the context which you dragged it into. And anyway Britishers did not rule Britain the way they repeatedly looted the subdontinent, that doesn't mean that they were perfect in their dealings with Subcontinent. Similarly if Coke is doing what it is in Europe and messing up with the Subscontinent masses, that doesn't mean that Coke is not to be blamed. You tend to get or drag ppl into getting personal and I do not abstain from doing it when challenged. You seem to suffer from that incurable disease which has repeatedly caused ppl with such disease shame and insult (which again shamefully they tend to ignore).

This thread was about the manner in which Coke etc has been involving in "Terrorism" and not your usual immigrants / etc issue which you dragged it into.

If your intent to getting personal never gets satiated please log on to Yahoo or ICQ and continue there. thunderbolt963 on yahoo....

Anup

Quote:
You need a cure for your aberrated psychological infection which seems to drag your intelligence to a monotonous stroll down some assumed aura of being able to correctly comprehend the posts.

I think (ironically) that quote beautifully illustrates the reasons why I have no idea what you are talking about in your posts Wink

Quote:
And anyway Britishers

Perhaps you mean Britons rather than Britishers Laugh

Quote:
Perhaps you mean Britons rather than Britishers

"Nadir Shah looted the country only once. But the British loot us every day. Every year wealth to the tune of 4.5 million dollar is being drained out, sucking our very blood. Britain should immediately quit India.'' That's what the Sindh Times wrote on May 20, 1884, a year before the Indian National Congress was born and 58 years before the ''Quit India'' movement of 1942 was launched.

The letter in Bold is what I meant....

Quote:
I think (ironically) that quote beautifully illustrates the reasons why I have no idea what you are talking about in your posts

And I repeat it again, thats why you find so many Immigrants in your country.....

Anup

Quote:
Nadir Shah looted the country only once. But the British loot us every day. Every year wealth to the tune of 4.5 million dollar is being drained out, sucking our very blood.

No wonder your brain is so twisted when you get fed that garbage.

Didn't i say that ppl/nations shamefully tend to forget actions which had repeatedly caused them insult.....?

Anup

Quote:
No wonder your brain is so twisted when you get fed that garbage.

This garbage is from some british dignitaory....

In 1854, Sir Arthur Cotton writing in "Public Works in India" noted: "Public works have been almost entirely neglected throughout India... The motto hitherto has been: 'Do nothing, have nothing done, let nobody do anything....." Adding that the Company was unconcerned if people died of famine, or if they lacked roads and water.

John Bright in the House of Commons on June 24, 1858, "The single city of Manchester, in the supply of its inhabitants with the single article of water, has spent a larger sum of money than the East India Company has spent in the fourteen years from 1834 to 1848 in public works of every kind throughout the whole of its vast dominions."

Well go read history to give yrself a cure....

Anup

Last edited by:

anup123: Aug 10, 2003, 10:30 AM

Paul why do you bother, his mind has clearly been addled by the all pesticides he's been consuming.

Last edited by:

ArmyAirForces: Aug 10, 2003, 11:07 AM

Re: [ArmyAirForces] Coke/Pepsi/Fanta/Sprite In India Found To Contain pesticides....Is This A New Form Of Corporate Terrorism In reply to
I sometimes wonder. The subjectivity of his "sources" is blatantly obvious due to the use of "us" and "our"...it's written by Indians for Indians. Their primitive reporting methods are also clear to see. I couldn't imagine the British media using quotes like "sucking our blood". They are brainwashing the general public. It's no wonder there's an east west divide.

Last edited by:

Paul: Aug 10, 2003, 11:11 AM

Your ignorance is quite clear. Didn't I mention that I do not consume those stuff. Need a magnifying glass? Read the posts/ thread carefully.

Anup

It's in your drinking water....or have you not tested that lately? Where do you think the bottling plants get their water from?

Besides, I recognize your symptoms. It explains all the paranoia and disjointed ramblings.

Last edited by:

ArmyAirForces: Aug 10, 2003, 11:27 AM

I'm locking this thread now.
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
> >