Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Blender

Quote Reply
Blender
I laughed after reading the first paragraph but then I imagined the scene and felt rather sad for the poor little fellas :(

http://story.news.yahoo.com/...fe_st/fish_blender_1
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Blender In reply to
Man....they do some weird crap in some countries Frown

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
An uninspired rip off of the old Dan Ackroyd "Bass-o-matic" skit on SNL some 25 ago.

Although the interactive part is a bit interesting.
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] Blender In reply to
I think the judge made such a wrong decision. Fish were blended into mush for no reason and it was deemed not cruel just because they died after a second or so.

So I guess it would be ok for me to hang a baby upside down in a blender and chop it's head to pieces and that wouldn't be cruel as long as it died instantly?

Last edited by:

Paul: May 20, 2003, 7:42 AM
Quote Reply
Perhaps if you equate goldfish to humans, or think goldfish are superior to humans.

Does it matter why the goldfish is killed - for entertainment, for sport, or for food?

Is it cruel if I pick the goldfish up and swallow it? How about if I smack it in the head, stick on a toothpick and cook it up in a skillet? What if I just stick it in a bowl of water and wait for it to die?

What if the artist had cockroaches in the blender instead of goldfish?

Last edited by:

ArmyAirForces: May 20, 2003, 7:56 AM
Quote Reply
Quote:
Perhaps if you equate goldfish to humans, or think goldfish are superior to humans.

Nope, I consider anything that feels pain to be equal.

Quote:
Does it matter why the goldfish is killed - for entertainment, for sport, or for food?

Yes it does matter. We are the top of the food chain, so it's natural for us to kill them and eat them. It's not natural to kill them for entertainment.

Quote:
Is it cruel if I pick the goldfish up and swallow it?

Yes because no doubt your stomach juices will burn it to death.

Quote:
What if the artist had cockroaches in the blender instead of goldfish?

The judge would still be wrong - see answer one.

Last edited by:

Paul: May 20, 2003, 8:02 AM
Quote Reply
Hey if it were blenders full of kittens or puppies, I'd agree with you. Goldfish, I'm not going to lose any sleep over.
Quote Reply
I'm not going to lose any sleep either, but the judge was wrong IMO, that's all =)