Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

A war against Iraq?

(Page 12 of 18)
> > > >

Re: [ArmyAirForces] A war against Iraq? In reply to
It takes ppl with "common sense" to make some sense out of it.

Re: [anup123] A war against Iraq? In reply to
Quote:
An Agressor can never be in same line of thinking as Peace Loving Nations

Did you celebrate India's entry into the nuclear arms race or protest it? Do you protest India's military expenditures? Do you demand peace in Kashmir or prefer that opposition simply be crushed by Indian security forces?

Should the 1/4 of your population that lives in poverty eat the Russian military planes & ships that India continues to purchase, or the missile program it pursues?

Try peace in your own land. Kashmir, UN resolution 307, part 3? 1965, 1971? How many times have you approached the threshold of another India - Pakistan war in the years since?

Show me your peaceful nature or does it only appear when you fail to prevent the US from acting in its own interests?

Quote:
It takes ppl with "common sense" to make some sense out of it.

I think this speaks for itself. I've seen you use the word hypocracy quite a few times in this thread. You accused me of making personal posts, and your quote above (which is one of several) is implying ArmyAirFroces has no common sense, which is personal which makes you a hypocrite

Quote:
The Point Is A Democratic Nation Dictatorially Decides Unilaterally To Discard UN and head Towards Beheading The Head Of A UN Member State just because it perceived some "Phantom Threat" That's the point.

Sigh, where have you been for the last several months =) ....Saddam has already justified the war by firing SCUDs he claimed he never had. That is a breach of 1441 and justifies military action. So to add to ArmyAirForces list:

Phantom: Factually incorrect.

Quote:
You may call it ranting or the child in you may classify it Childish

Whoops, more hypocracy =)

Quote:
Not engage in B'Jobs with secretaries

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it Laugh

Quote:
I am regretfull of the fact that "My Sense Of Logic" cannot be as illogical as you would want to be.....

I wouldn't call it illogical as such, more misinformed and anti-americanism. The fact you are from India is no coincidence as to your viewpoint.

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 26, 2003, 12:59 AM

Re: [ArmyAirForces] A war against Iraq? In reply to
Quote:
Try peace in your own land. Kashmir, UN resolution 307, part 3? 1965, 1971? How many times have you approached the threshold of another India - Pakistan war in the years since?

I think you comfoirtably ignore the distasteful part (to Americans)...UN maintains certain stand which heart of hearts is unliked by Americans. They would like to see Kashmir disturbed so that they can dare to venture in this region. Try it....Americans will know what warfare is then. We fight the agression in our land and it can be any nation including America.. Try your Agression In India and you shall really know what it means? But yes then you have to declare that you are enemy....All that high pitched sales gimmick will be reduced to Dust.....Soldiers here do not survive on Coke And Burgers and they do not look for Rebellions for winning a war.
Quote:
Should the 1/4 of your population that lives in poverty eat the Russian military planes & ships that India continues to purchase, or the missile program it pursues?

Thats a policy which no Indian complains about. yes we are happy with Russian Planes.... the same Russian Planes that Few Americans coaxed a pilot into defection just to strip the same and see the technology.... Foxbat.... hope that's live in American Memory. The way they cheat and copy and then patent....that's American ideology perhaps. Yeah it possibly agitates Americans coz all this is not fetching them the desired dollars and so it wants all it desires of cryogenic engines not being sold thru russia be enforced. Still GSLV took off.... You ban sale of Cray and we come out with PARAM10000, And since defense sales could not get dollars so they enter with Coke, Burgers and that stuff which I do not consume for sure....And BTW those Russian Planes etc are more trustworthy as they could blow up the Supposedly impenetrable Patton Tanks and Sabre Jets. In fact there are remains of many such patton tanks put up for display in many defense cities in India. And Don't tell me Americans paid under 7.7$ to an hour are rich. Work for Fourty Hours a Week for Fourty years in Life And Retire with 40$ in bank... That's what richness means well i definitely want to be poor Smile Indian and not rich American. At least there is no one protesting here when the country goes at war.

Quote:
Did you celebrate India's entry into the nuclear arms race or protest it? Do you protest India's military expenditures? Do you demand peace in Kashmir or prefer that opposition simply be crushed by Indian security forces?

I celeberated it because it was not arms race as typically expressed by Americans as it is definitely not used to Bomb Living Human Beings Like in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I support India's military expeditures and all the expenditures that are being incurred on acquiring weapons of "Mass Destruction" because none of them have been put to "First Use" by Indians. And by the way all this goes unnoticed by CIA ... remeber how Clinton went around in frustration due to CIA's inability to track down the movements till the blasts really occurred. Pakistanis have taken a lead from US Hiroshima bombing and so they keep on issuing these statements that they would NBOMB New Delhi....Indians never threatened with it. If they have to they would just do it. We do not act in Haste like Americans.....
Quote:
Show me your peaceful nature or does it only appear when you fail to prevent the US from acting in its own interests?

Well the peacefull nature of this country is best exemplified that She foiled up the British Empire in most peacefull manner despite the attrocities of Britishers. She (India) never invaded any country with the intention of beheading the Heads Of State....look how many times CIA have been engaged to do this.... Chinese Premier's Personal Plane ordered with American Company was fitted with concealed spying elements and caught by the Chinese....that's America...

Yes if any aggressor invaded they were surely beheaded / made to bite the dust like the Latest one being Kargil where Pakistanis were made to buzz off despite all that F-16 US AID to them. You know unfortunately for America this country is Yet to have a Head of State who could sell India to American desires for a Nobel Peace Prize or CEO Chair of some defunct American Firm......I am sure you are intelligent enough to understand the element of factual fact hidden in this statement.

Now take the Perception About Gulf war as on one site registered in France (w3perl.com so go and bomb france if you can). It apparently does more talking of various interests than you and me can talk of.

Take a look at this one. It speaks louder of the latent Interests.

Re: [Paul] A war against Iraq? In reply to
Well if that satisfies you you are free to maintain all that stand. A closer look would reveal who got personal first. it's nothing unusual....

Americans want that in this world no one but Americans should possess the Weapons of Mass destruction / missiles / etc as it would give them more leverage to attack just about any nation which does not subscribe to it's "Business Policy"

Well I don't consider saying your judgement is clouded due to your prejudices to be personal, it's more of an evaluation of how I see your behaviour based on the content of your posts. It's not exactly hard to spot:

Quote:
so they enter with Coke, Burgers and that stuff

However implying that ArmyAirForces has no common sense, is personal. By reading ArmyAirForces posts it is quite clear he has plenty of common sense and knowledge in the matters he is discussing. The fact you say he has no common sense clearly outlines that you are letting your anti-americanizm over power your own common sense =)

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 26, 2003, 2:47 AM

Just as i said, you are free to formulate your impressions and convictions. It is clear that this "Personal" stuff was not started by me (a No First Use Policy Of The Nation To Which I belong). As and extension of that, however, I do not deny being Personal on being castigated "Personally" You know, the slightest intention of that deed can never be covered by lengthy clarifications subsequently.

No American Policy can prevent me from doing so. You can comfortably call me "Anti American" if that pleases you or possibly if that's the only manner in which you can "apparently negate" something which has also been the cause of inconclusive end of Doha WTO. You are justified in your thoughts and I am justified for what I think.

Well you have comfortably overlooked that Indians eating that Russian Planes Angle of Army....nothing unusual. That's the Ineffective American Way of Insulting resulting from sheer frustration. It was much before that when that tirade was started by Him/Her with that

"Oh Wait ....India ...." stuff Possibly a consequence of American Bullism. Nothing unusual if people develop "Anti American Feelings" because of this disdainfull attitude of Americans. It happened in Doha Rounds of WTO too and look where it headed. The basic problem is that Americans Feel That What They Think The Whole World Should Also Think. If they don't then you have these never ending threads or Inclusive Doha WTO Rounds.

It is these policies of destructive peace which is causing all this Anti America Feeling if you may call it to be so.....It's a anti attitude feeling which when scuffed by neck manifests into "Anti America Feeling"

Quote:
You can comfortably call me "Anti American" if that pleases you or possibly if that's the only manner in which you can "apparently negate" something

The evidence clearly speaks for itself. It's not a matter of being the only way to "negate" something. If I told you that you Indians come over to the UK with your curry and poppadums you'd probably find it offensive or even racist. In my view there's no difference between that and saying the US come over with burgers and coke.

Quote:
That's the Ineffective American Way of Insulting resulting from sheer frustration.

It's a good job I'm not American then, bad luck =)

Anyhow, I guess we should get back to the topic of the war in Iraq.

Quote:
Anyhow, I guess we should get back to the topic of the war in Iraq.
Yes please.

Bob

http://totallyfreeads.com.au

Last edited by:

lanerj: Mar 26, 2003, 3:31 AM

Re: [lanerj] A war against Iraq? In reply to
I just heard on the tv where a bomb hit a market in central Baghdad killing 15 civilians.
I only caught a bit of the report, but apparently they are saying that is wasn't an accident.
I'll try and catch the full report.
If it is true Saddam will have a field day with that.

Bob

It was an accident here is the full report.
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,70146-12275844,00.html

Bob

Quote:
In my view there's no difference between that and saying the US come over with burgers and coke.
Well that followed when Army.... made "1/4" Indians to eat those Russian Planes which again you overlooked conveniently. That is indeed racism at its extreme state of existence. And BTW, there has been enquiry ordered here that long term consumption of "Mineral Water" leads to irreparable health damages. As usual you may call it "Anti American Feeling" but yes it is if that's how American's Intoxication of Being Mighty is dished out to others. That perception of being "Impenetrable" got punctured by actions of "OBL".

While coming back to Iraq...where would you want me to start....Lot has been written and talked about from different perspectives. Whatever and wherever I start will only lead to strengthening of each others convictions. But Japanese, Koreans, and many other "Civilized" nations carry the same feelings. Justifiably so from their perspectives or Anti America from other perspective.

From Alexander the Great to Hitler no one was invincible. America is making the same mistake of presuming the Apparently "Impenetrable" stature and Assume Role Of Bully.... Probably next long term target is China.....And that would mean world war....a period when America would really know about the consequences of its policies.

The next Treaty which America is going to flush down the drain is Geneva Convention (of which it talks of when American Soldiers are tortured ) which does not allow carpet bombing of Civilian Settlement areas, Watch out they are planning Carpet bombing of Baghdad. Not that I like POW Torture. In fact we had returned 90000 Pakistani POW (and when General Maneckshaw had visited Pakistan the parents of one of them had expressed gratitude) which was under Simla Agreement which as expected (consciously or out of sheer ignorance) was never talked of when He/She (Army...) started that UN Resolution on Kashmir issue. And what did Pakistani do to that young Pilot "Shot In Cold Blood In Between The Two Eyes" And why wouldn't an Indian gradually develop that Anti America Feeling when US is funding Pakistani Operations (covertly/overtly)

So that's about it. I did see a Iraqi waving white flag being shot down by Allied Troops. (Not on Al Jazeera definitely).

Yeah that's going to be a major bummer for the US.

Typical Iraqi report:

Quote:
An Iraqi information ministry official said there were "many, many casualties".

Any casuality which can invite criticism is always termed as Accident. If they don't say that it was an accident then Muslims will say that it's a war against Muslims. What can one expect when the Agressor is also the one Judging....?

It is really painful to see innocent civilians getting killed (collateral damage as militarty experts would call it).

So it seems you think the US are purposely attacking the Muslims?...blimey you have a warped view.

Thats what Kurds on Iraq Turkey border feel. And I am not definitely staying there. Want the name of persons interviewed who expressed this point of view?....Or probably even they are Anti American despite the fact that they are not on good terms with SH. Thats what people marching in Beriut Feel. Thats what experts in China Feel (Chinese strategists see an Iraq war as the beginning of a global war pitting the United States against Islam ), that's what Thai Muslims Feel, that's what Dr Muqtedar Khan postulates And if the civilian casualties are high (which will happen if carpet bombing of Baghdad really takes place) then possibly many more would be saying. Or probably all of them will be Conviniently And Comfortably Branded "Anti America"

When Saddam and his regime are gone and you see the Iraqi's celebrating on the streets, I will remind you of this thread =)

I am opposing WAR against Iraq. Myopic viewpoint will extrapolate to conclude that I am supporting SH. While on sentiments:

One dead and 13 wounded at command center of 1st brigade, 101st Airborne Division. Religious sentiment more powerful than Band of Brothers ethos?

"You guys are coming into our countries and you're going to rape our women and kill our children." - alleged grenade attacker, Akbar. -- a point which exemplifies that They Indulge In Rape.....Oh he was labelled Mad by Military Experts In US even before the actual strike began Actually i thought of quoting this for what Army... had to say about "Alleged Security Excesses" in Kashmir based on Some Biased HRC reports who are just funded to create problems for the Establishments of developing countries.

In waging war without U.N. authorization, the U.S. and its ragtag "coalition of the willing" are putting themselves outside the boundaries of international law or, to put it bluntly, transforming themselves into outlaw states.
By Thomas Walkom

"It is time to say stop this war. It is time to recognize that the terror we visit on the people of Iraq will bring terror to our own people. Bring our troops home."
A heartfelt plea from Congressman Dennis J. Kucinich

Thats what I am supporting.....

They Were celebrating under SH Gunpoints And Possibly they could be celebrating under Allied Forces Gun point. What difference does it make? It's Oil for SH and It's Oil for Allied Forces.....They are no different from each other. Americans want Germans /French / Russian out from the second largest oil reserves and the bounty is intended to be shared that's if UK is not left cheated.....

Oh dear. So you found a few quotes opposing war, I'm sure there are plenty of them out there. There are also plenty by people for war. .

You should turn on your tv and take a look at thousands of Iraqi's receiving humanitarian aid from seven lorries on the Iraq/Kuwait border. Maybe it will help open your mind.

Again, you have come back to oil when your agrument is lacking substance =)

Yep I am online both on this forum and so also TV....It just showed how civilians in thousands are qued up at Basara all wanting water which allied forces have cut off....and pretending that the supply lines have been damaged.

I can't watch CNN (now that "Anti American" feeling is getting stronger by the day).. It's our own news channel (where we do not ban any national or reporter).

Just check on the Lies That You wanted to know:

Check This For Lies

It's not that i learnt searching on web reently. It was with all this information in stock that I was expressing my view point which unfortunately someone called childish....See i have already forgotten the name....proves that i do not carry any grudge ;=)

Smile

Last edited by:

anup123: Mar 26, 2003, 6:19 AM

Quote:
It just showed how civilians in thousands are qued up at Basara all wanting water which allied forces have cut off.....and pretending that the supply lines have been damaged.

It's probably best to provide some sort of evidence if you are going to say things like that which most rational people can dismiss as inaccurate (aka bullshit).

The tv channels in India are obviously missing out on the important press conferences. Tom Franks has been honest about the problem of water supplies from the start. The electricity was taken out by aftershocks from cruise missiles. The water pumps are powered by electricity, hence the water stopped flowing.

You are at risk of just talking complete nonsense (whereas before it was just part nonsense).

Quote:
Just check on the Lies That You wanted to know:

Check This For Lies

I wanted evidence of lies by Blair which is what you originally said. Still I see you cannot backup your comment with evidence.

Well aren't they playing Hand In Glove policy?

On latest news:

Chink In The Armour: Japan Refuses To Comply By US request of closing down Iraqi Embassy. This must have been aired by CNN

Iraqi Soldiers Start Stabbing: The guerilla soldiers have started resorted to stabbing and knifing. Aditional regiment requested for from base by Allied Forces. This probably would have been concealed.

--

It's probably best to provide some sort of evidence if you are going to say things like that which most rational people can dismiss as inaccurate (aka bullshit).
--

It's a start of Racial imperialism, this is what insulting statement driven by some personal grudge for sure would receive. That's exactly what Americans want....believe what Americans say rest all is Bull Shit.....Isn't this theory itself something worst than that?

On that Nonsense issue i repeat "It would Take some Common Sense" to make some sense out of it. Well you could send an sos to Tom Franks to get this Indian Reporter expelled from Kuwait....like that Al Jazeera Guy was banned...

Smile

Quote:
It's a start of Racial imperialism, this is what insulting statement driven by some personal grudge for sure would receive. That's exactly what Americans want....believe what Americans say rest all is Bull Shit.....Isn't this theory itself something worst than that?

Like I already told you, I'm not American. As for racial imperialism, you can twist and manipulate comments to suit your own ends, I'd expect that as that's what you've done so far with everything you've read here and everything you've read on the news. Either way you are talking nonsense regardless of race.

Quote:
On that Nonsense issue i repeat "It would Take some Common Sense" to make some sense out of it.

I doubt anyone can make sense out of what you are posting =)

Quote:
I wanted evidence of lies by Blair which is what you originally said. Still I see you cannot backup your comment with evidence.

Powell Speech Problems --Basic Bush-Powell Argument is -----"Inspectors can't find WMDs so Iraq is in Violation of UN for not showing where they are." Secondly the speech was (intentionally) confusing about Iraq's past WMD from and before last war in 1991 (part of Powell's arguments were based on Tony Blair's report which turns out to have been copied from a graduate student's work written in 1991 in California) and its legitimate defensive preparations, e.g. hiding things could refer to weapons which Iraq has in preparation for the almost sure American invasion to come.

This is just one of them from the link in my previous post.

There are many there......

Hasty conclusions are more often than not "prejudiced" if i may say so....

I'm still not seeing evidence of "lies".

Oh well, guess you don't have any. I'm off to work on my MyLinks2 plugin. Bye.
> > > >