Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

A war against Iraq?

(Page 6 of 18)
> > > >

Re: [Paul] A war against Iraq? In reply to
Quote:
You are right about the defects though...for starters I only have one leg so I'd have to crawl.
On that hot sand. Ouch.

Bob
http://totallyfreeads.com.au

In Reply To:
I see no Newby's here:

I changed my name Laugh Only joking.... ;)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Re: [lanerj] A war against Iraq? In reply to
Not to mention the scorpians and spiders in the sand that would most likely eat my intestines...and the vultures too pecking out my eyes.

Re: [CMC] A war against Iraq? In reply to
Quote:
In those 12 years you mention, Bush I, who could have finished the job, didnīt. He then could say he handed over a nation at peace to Clinton.

Interesting version of history.

For the record, the first Gulf War ended in 1991. Bill Clinton, the 42nd president, was elected in November 1992 and took office Janauary 1993. He didn't leave office until January 2001....meaning the majority of post Gulf War policy was conducted under his aegis.

During his 8 years in office President Clinton ordered two major attacks on Iraq, first in June 1993 and again in December 1998. Then was that little operation in Bosnia.

Re: [ArmyAirForces] A war against Iraq? In reply to
The second resolution has been withdrawn and Bush has just said "diplomacy has ended"

He's making an address at 8pm your time...expected audience: 100,000,000 --- wooo

Also Colin Powell is making a speech in 15 mins.

They wouldn't ask; they would order.

You wouldn't tell them where to jump; you would be jailed.

- wil

Quote:
Scary stuff.

Indeed it is. For me it's déjā vu all over again, last time I was still in uniform.

If the ongoing campaign has been successful, the majority of the Iraqi military may just stand down. At least that is my hope.

Let's all pray that it is swift.

I was reading an article on Yahoo about Saddam's intentions...it was quite scary even though I expect a lot of it is propoganda.

He was saying that 7 million Iraqi's are trained to use weapons and they would make sure large amounts of body bags would be returning to America and England.

It listed quite a few other things..I can't find the article just now - it has disappeared off the front page.

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 17, 2003, 7:40 AM

>> This is an auto-response from PaulBot to let you know your reply has been ignored. <<

>> They know not to ask me anyway as they know I'd tell them to go jump. <<

Code:
ig·nore ( P ) Pronunciation Key (g-nôr, -nr)
tr.v. ig·nored, ig·nor·ing, ig·nores

To refuse to pay attention to; disregard.

You should look up the meaning of the word "ignored" before you fire up a web browser and pretend to be a bot again.

- wil

Quote:
He was saying that 7 million Iraqi's are trained to use weapons

Yes, but he doesn't give them ammunition. 7 million armed Iraqis would overthrow his ass Cool

Of course last time Saddam promised the "Mother of All Battles"...and then claimed victory at the end of his ouster from Kuwait.

Did you get a chance to watch Colin Powell's speech earlier?

The Cspan live feed is a wonderful thing. Apparently the president is going to give a deadline, allow Saddam time to leave and/ or his commanders to remove him.

UN has told all of its staff to get out of Iraq. So the US advised it, and the UN agreed w/ it on something :-)

Yep just heard that....apparently the deadline is 48hrs for Saddam to get out.

I have a feeling he won't be going.

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 17, 2003, 9:37 AM

Re: [tandat] A war against Iraq? In reply to
Unfortunately, a war has been deemed inevitable. NOT because Bush wants it, and it pains me to say that, but because Saddam has not come clean and he knows it. If Hitler#2 is in the making, the world had better learn how to stop it. Shame on France and Germany for not remembering. One could say that back in 1939, the average German was not responsible for their leader's actions, but in the end, they had to pay the price so that France, Britain, ..all of Europe, could be free. Again, shame on France and Germany.

Road to Hell In reply to
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

(Irish Saying)

Re: [cdnstglobal] Road to Hell In reply to
"When you see a rattlesnake poised to strike you, do not wait until he has struck before you crush him." - FDR

Stop Mad Cowboy Disease In reply to
Some Hopi prophecies on WW III to cheer everyone up. Sounds a bit far-fetched, but these are actual Hopi prophecies which go back to before Columbus's time [?] [have to check that]. The Hopis also had a prophecy that none of them ever understood until recently (1969). That things would start to change when an eagle landed on the moon. Oh well, enjoy:

"This is the First Sign: We are told of the coming of the white-skinned men, like Pahana, but not living like Pahana men who took the land that was not theirs. And men who struck their enemies with thunder.

"This is the Second Sign: Our lands will see the coming of spinning wheels filled with voices. In his youth, my father saw this prophecy come true with his eyes -- the white men bringing their families in wagons across the prairies."

"This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns, will overrun the land in large numbers. These White Feather saw with his eyes -- the coming of the white men's cattle."

"This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron."

"This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web."

"This is the Sixth sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun."

"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it."

"This is the Eight Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like my people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn their ways and wisdom.

"And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease.

The signs are interpreted as follows: The First Sign is of guns. The Second Sign is of the pioneers' covered wagons. The Third Sign is of longhorn cattle. The Fourth Sign describes the railroad tracks. The Fifth Sign is a clear image of our electric power and telephone lines. The Sixth Sign describes concrete highways and their mirage-producing effects. The Seventh Sign foretells of oil spills in the ocean. The Eighth Sign clearly indicates the "Hippy Movement" of the 1960s. The Ninth Sign was the U.S. Space Station Skylab, which fell to Earth in 1979. According to Australian eye-witnesses, it appeared to be burning blue.

Re: [cdnstglobal] Stop Mad Cowboy Disease In reply to
Saddam must go into exile within 48 hours or Iraq will suffer war. View Bush's 15 minute speech here:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/...20030317-iraq.v.smil (requires RealPlayer)

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.

Re: [fuzzy thoughts] Stop Mad Cowboy Disease In reply to
Will he flee? MadIf I were he, I would not go

I think this is the time for the war.

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog

Re: [fastpete] A war against Iraq? In reply to
Re; shame on France, etc.

I don't think there is any shame in not joining an action that has not been proven to be a threat. I'm from another country that has stated it's objection to this war (Canada). There is NOTHING to justify this invasion of Iraq. Weapons? Everybody's got 'em. Threat? To who, exactly? Certainly not to the U.S. Shame on George Bush for using false information and a cloak of deceit.

Re: [tandat] A war against Iraq? In reply to
(i'm so sorry,but my english isnt very good,cause i'm from a country in europe)i'm absolute against this war.its not necessary.bush seems to be a dictator.he's so unfair to the iraqies.the iraqies are NOT saddam.the war will not only destroy saddam but the innocent peaople in iraq too.

i'm really happy that i don't have to live under a president like bush.he has created a new rassism against the germans,whose opinion is not accepted by all the ignorant americans!!i mean,first the americans were gainst the germans because of the second worldwar(sure,i understand this)and now they are against them because the germans want a peacefull solution

why is there democratie and the UNO,when the USA just does what it wants to do and when!!!bush isn't interested in an answer of the UNO-securitycounsel,when they say yes,he makes war,when they say no,he makes war too!america becomes a really imagined "world-power" who will lost its moral regard worldwide (special in france russia and germany,who are all against this fucking war)when the war begins.

thanks to bush,theres is no chance for a peacefull solution.i dont think that saddam will go voluntary into exile so the war is near!

Re: [caramelcream] A war against Iraq? In reply to
i heard the news 5 minutes:so,bush has declared the war....-no comment-

He hasn't declared war. He has given Saddam 48 hours to exile.

Quote:
bush seems to be a dictator

He has stressed many many times his quest is for peace and stability. In order to defeat an evil dictator you have to use a certain amount of force. Saddam is not someone you can reason diplomatically with.

Quote:
whose opinion is not accepted by all the ignorant americans

Why are the Americans ignorant?

Quote:
he's so unfair to the iraqies.the iraqies are NOT saddam

Do you know any Iraqis? I do, and they are extremely heartened at the prospects of their homeland being free from Saddam's jack boots. Let's get straight who the dictator is - Saddam.

Quote:
he has created a new rassism against the germans,whose opinion is not accepted by all the ignorant americans!!

There is no ground swell of public opinion here against the German people, despite Schroeder's September campaign of anti-Americanism. Now against the French, you might have a small point - but only to the degree that they've earned it.

And yes, the majority of Americans disagree with France, Germany, and Russia. However, disagreement between friends can never be called racism.

Quote:
thanks to bush,theres is no chance for a peacefull solution.i dont think that saddam will go voluntary into exile so the war is near!

There will be war because Saddam Hussein refused to cooperate with Security Council Resolution 1441 (and a dozen others). Saddam could do that because he knows that the Security Council is an impotent body - that its resolutions lack meaning.

France, Germany, & Russia need to ask themselves why the Security Council is so ineffective. I would suggest that the answer stares back at them from the mirror....and from their own national interests in Saddam's regime.

Last edited by:

ArmyAirForces: Mar 18, 2003, 8:40 AM
> > > >