Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Masters

(Page 1 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Masters
Please tell me Im not the only golf geek tuning in to the Masters tonight :)
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Masters In reply to
Yup...you must be. Golf is one of the most boring sports IMO... even worse that cricket Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [A.J.] Masters In reply to
Yeah I guess thats why its the first or second most popular sport in the world (I think I read somewhere it is the most popular).
Quote Reply
Don't you get at the game of cricket. Great sport Wink.

How about our (new zealand) one hit wonder - Craig Perks! 9 over last time I heard! Unsure

---------------
Cricket Web - http://www.cricketweb.net
Cricket Web Forum - http://forum.cricketweb.net/
---------------
Quote Reply
Re: [Philip_Clark] Masters In reply to
Did you hear about Ben Holyoak that got killed in the car crash?
Quote Reply
Yeah - Ben Hollioake. Very sad Unsure

---------------
Cricket Web - http://www.cricketweb.net
Cricket Web Forum - http://forum.cricketweb.net/
---------------
Quote Reply
Re: [A.J.] Masters In reply to
You actually consider golf a sport? A game I'll agree to, but a sport is really stretching it. The greater portion of time is spent walking to the golf ball. Sports require repeatitive physical endurance. I've never seen anyone break a sweat in golf.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
It was in the pub and a few old folks were watching it until I cranked up the volume on the jukebox! ;-)

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [King Junko II] Masters In reply to
>>
The greater portion of time is spent walking to the golf ball. Sports require repeatitive physical endurance. I've never seen anyone break a sweat in golf.
<<

You've obviously never played.

You'll find that carrying quite a heavy golf bag about 4 miles up steep hills to be quite good excercise Tongue

Last edited by:

Paul: Apr 12, 2002, 1:58 AM
Quote Reply
An even better excerice is putting your clubs on the back of the golf buggy and driving up that steep hill with a beer in your hand. :-)

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Masters In reply to
I don't think the "excercise" counts since that's in between playing the game. If you can find me somebody that breaks a sweat during the half second it takes to swing the club I'll gradly admit golf is a sport.

Quote:
An even better excerice is putting your clubs on the back of the golf buggy and driving up that steep hill with a beer in your hand. :-)
I see somebody knows how to play properly :-) You'll need a designated driver by hole 15 though.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Yup. But usually by then you're so bored of the sport you either a) fall asleep, b) lie down for some sun tan c) clock up even more beers in the bar.

- wil
Quote Reply
>>I see somebody knows how to play properly :-) <<

Well make your mind up, you are criticizing golf because you say you don't break a sweat and then you say the best way to play is by using a golf cart.....Cool
Quote Reply
Hey, that 'new post problem' appeared just now in this forum, and this thread.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Masters In reply to
Ya see, I knew it wasn't just me :) ...
Quote Reply
sigh... my official opinion on gofl is it bores the hell out of me because it's so slow and there's no action other than the occasional spectator getting hit. If I were to play golf, I'd be sucking down a Bud after every hole and pissing on the flag at 18 to declare victory.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Well, at least it was logical. Two posts were posted at exactly the same time, so main forum view showed 1 new post, but was directing the one I had jsut read and therefore not new. It didn't flag up the other new one until I was actually inside the forum.

- wil
Quote Reply
ROFL!

- wil
Quote Reply
There's a fit bar maid at our local golf club, though. Blush

- wil
Quote Reply
Ah dear....well you go and play on your little game cube then or whatever it is Wink ....that will probably make you really fit and healthy.
Quote Reply
Did I say playing video games was a sport? :-) I work 14 hour shifts so I'm entitled to sit on my ass when I get home. It takes some pretty decent physical endurance to work nearly a double shift and be on your feet the whole time. And my hands are pretty strong, btw.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
hands are pretty strong .... hmmm interesting sport there mate Tongue

Golf is pretty cool though, you can take pot shots at the house neighboring the fairway and giggle innocently and claim it was just a bad hook or slice Laugh

And there's noting like driving from from the tee with a full blown swing ...

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Masters In reply to
>>hands are pretty strong .... hmmm interesting sport there mate <<

....strong left wrist I bet Wink

Last edited by:

Paul: Apr 12, 2002, 8:26 AM
Post deleted by Andy. In reply to
Quote Reply
I'm right handed..... regardless, Rosie and I have never met Laugh

--Philip