Home : General : Chit Chat :

Ebay - Interesting

Quote Reply
Ebay - Interesting
http://www.wtfman.com/mcd/dick2.htm
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] Ebay - Interesting In reply to
lolo ... that's funny.
Hmmm, if such a listing occured I wonder if that would be prostitution?

Speaking of eBay recently a buddy of mine bid on a iBook 14" new for $985 and did the purchase now thingy, he got his email to inform him to pay some bloke in Germany. So he wrote back asking for escrow since the auction was supposed to be in the states. lolo ... no answer yet Wink

Doesn't eBay do anything about all the jerks out there trying to rip people off? yahoo auction in Japan is not any close to such scams ... hmmm

bummer cuz it really was a good deal. Mad

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Speaking of ebay, here's a good story you might like:

http://www.remodern.com/caught.html

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Ebay - Interesting In reply to
He he, I did. In particular:

"That night I dreamed of Mr. Christmas and a baseball bat, some duct tape, and roofing nails. "

"Two Chicago residents replied, and the next morning, courtesy of Tim, I had 23 pictures of the house, the cars in the driveway (with license plate numbers) and the neighborhood. I'd like to see a Dell user do something like that at 4:30 in the morning for a complete stranger a thousand miles away."

Ahhhh, the warmth of the Mac community Cool
Quote Reply
It's easier for small groups to stay warm Wink

But it is a great story.
Quote Reply
Hehe, I think that's the longest article I've ever read from beginning to end....a satisfying conclusion though.

However as a pc user it would have enraged me enough to take the same action too :)
Quote Reply
lol...VERY long article, but a classic Smile Its amazing what you can do when you put your head to it ;)

Laugh

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Ebay - Interesting In reply to
Another incident was about a guy using timbuktu to scan the net for his or his sister's (???) stolen mac. He remote accessed in and got the machine's IP number and bingo got the machine back.

Wink small cozy group -- nice
haha, better than being in a big cold group Tongue

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Ebay - Interesting In reply to
Thats pretty funny. Sweet revenge, and good advertising for Timbuktu! They should use that storey in their marketing.
Quote Reply
http://www.generalcybernetics.com/AppleStore/jason2.html

The company gave him a free iBook for the catching the guy.