Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Eminem

Quote Reply
Eminem
I just listened to Eminem's new single from his new album and was just wondering what everyone thought of him?

Personally I think he's seriously talented.

One of the lyrics in the new single cracks me up but I can't post it because its too rude. Angelic

Last edited by:

Paul: May 10, 2002, 3:00 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Eminem In reply to
Yeah, hes not bad. Better than some rubbish I hear (ahem..Macy Gray!). My mate used to really like him, cos hes into all this 'hip-hop' stuff. Now, he doesn't like him much, and just refers to him as 'The little white boy' Wink I liked his song 'Stan' best Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy.] Eminem In reply to
Ooh..gettiong a sendmail error after posting Unsure Post still seems to get added ok though.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy.] Eminem In reply to
I am a very big fan of Eminem. I think he is very talented. I wouldn't be suprised at all if he had an IQ over 160. He is a lot smarter then most people think he is.

The group he is in, D12, are stupid though. Purple Pills was a very good song, but the Eminem and one of the other guys in the group, "Proof", are the only talented ones.
Cheers,
Michael Bray
Quote Reply
Oh yeah... his earlier stuff was the best, though.

When we was with Dr. Dre and Mary J Blige .. oha lala. That was music to my ears ;-)

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Eminem In reply to
My favorite song is "Forgot about Dre" and I know all the lyrics....I challenge anyone to sing it perfectly in time with Eminem/Dr Dre Smile

People listen too closely to the lyrics (generally older generations) and take it too literally....they completely miss the fact that he has an awesome talent.
Quote Reply
... oh yeah, and what's the other classic.... "concience" or something? I still the best song of Dre/Snoop/Eminem is "Still DRE" which is proably around 3 years old now.. that's amazing :-)

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Eminem In reply to
Guilty Conscience :)

....I hope a certain forum member has one Angelic

Last edited by:

Paul: May 10, 2002, 7:57 AM
Quote Reply
Quote:
generally older generations

Yep... we used to say the same thing about the Dead Kennedys, Black Flag and X.
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] Eminem In reply to
Not heard of any of those :)
Quote Reply
So you're saying he's an "awesome" talent, but we shouldn't listen to his lyrics?

Judge somebody by their marketing package, not by their words. I love it.

Tongue

...suddenly old at 35. Not that some of the bands I listen/listened to didn't say stupid shit.

I predict he will become the poster child for purple pill brain damage in about 15 years.
Quote Reply
Re: [HeavyBombers] Eminem In reply to
>>So you're saying he's an "awesome" talent, but we shouldn't listen to his lyrics? <<

Eh?....when did I say that?
Quote Reply
Quote:
People listen too closely to the lyrics (generally older generations) and take it too literally....they completely miss the fact that he has an awesome talent.
Quote Reply
Where does that say don't listen to his lyrics?....it says people take them too seriously.
Quote Reply
You're making me feel old Wink

If I write, "Paul should be killed", but I'm an awesome talent. Does the later forgive the former?

Alternatively, if I don't take Eminem seriously and his lyrics don't bother me - can he be considered a great talent?

....but basically I'm just busting your chops Tongue
Quote Reply
>>
If I write, "Paul should be killed", but I'm an awesome talent. Does the later forgive the former?
<<

Yes, if they are lyrics in a song and it isn't meant literally and the song is good :) ....well perhaps it should be overlooked rather than forgiven.

>>
Alternatively, if I don't take Eminem seriously and his lyrics don't bother me - can he be considered a great talent?
<<

His talent shouldn't be a reflection of whether or not you agree with the content of the lyrics....basically could you write a song as good as "stan"?....if not then he's got a great talent for writing lyrics which others haven't.

I just tried to write something catchy and I didn't get past line one....
Quote Reply
Yes, but your argument seems to be that he should not be accountable for his lyrics because of his talent.

That is an argument that I could never buy.

Either they are your lyrics, and you embrace them, or you do not and the lyrics are simply part of your marketing package - and you are no artist.

That's my .02 cents worth of thought on Eminem.
Quote Reply
>>
Yes, but your argument seems to be that he should not be accountable for his lyrics because of his talent.
<<

So what should he be accountable for? .....they are just words....he doesn't actually kill people.
Quote Reply
Words still matter, despite a society bent on avoiding accountability for thought, actions, or even words.
Quote Reply
Yeh, I think that Eminem is good...for the controversial rapper he is really good...din't like purple hills(pills) tho because of that stupid D12 group. No talent bull...

Dr. DRE tho is great Smile, did he start up eminem???
I dunno if eminem signed with Aftermath Records (DRE's company)

I have DRE's CD 2001 chronic first time I heard about forgot about DRE...first album that got me listening to rap Wink

Crapshoot70 (this isn't my real name)
--
I don't like anyone...but everyone LOVES me Unsure
--
AKA...The Post Pirate Pirate
Quote Reply
Re: [Crapshoot70] Eminem In reply to
Doug E. Fresh
2 Live Crew ....

hehe showing my age Laugh

@edit
forgot Sir Mix-a-lot

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile

Last edited by:

QooQ: Jun 13, 2002, 2:00 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Eminem In reply to
Doug. E Fresh....omg the name says it all lol.
Quote Reply
heh...gives me an Idea...I can be Mark E. Fresh!!!

Crapshoot70 (this isn't my real name)
--
I don't like anyone...but everyone LOVES me Unsure
--
AKA...The Post Pirate Pirate
Quote Reply
Has anyone bought the Eminem Show album?

"Say goodbye to Hollywood" is the best song from the album I've heard so far I think..."Without Me" is pretty good too though.
Quote Reply
Re: [Crapshoot70] Eminem In reply to
The chat forum is so quiet for some reason..... where are you Crapshoot?

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins