Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

SPAM really picking up recently?

Quote Reply
SPAM really picking up recently?
Just last night (about 8-10 hours max), I got 115 spamming emails (this is on my old server, not the GT one) ... Is anyone else noticing the large rise in emails being sent out?

This is just for ace-installer.com .... the rest of my sites are filtering out the spam just great Smile (I need to get it moved over to my new server really, which has spam filtering).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] SPAM really picking up recently? In reply to
Yeah I've been getting significantly more lately. I average about 500 a day, but lately i've had days averaging 700, and even hit 1500 one sat and sun a few weeks ago.

Luckily Eudora 6 and the Spamnix plug-in catch about 98% of it so I don't see it
Quote Reply
Key holiday spending season is upon us.....you can expect more as it gets closer.
Quote Reply
Yep, I've seen that.

Check out my MailWasher Pro logs (attached).

BTW: Those stats are for 12 different email accounts for a seven day period.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Last edited by:

Stealth: Nov 16, 2003, 8:15 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] SPAM really picking up recently? In reply to
One thing I like to do is preview/delete waiting mail before downloading.

http://www.webattack.com/.../comm/fwemcheck.html

I wish all email programs (Eudora....) could somehow have such a preview/delete function. It would be so great.

Also, the one thing that I never liked about local spaminators is that you have to download the stuff to begin with. If Eudora could first search the mail server, determine spam mails, give the user the option to view that set of mails to see if any important ones are in there, delete the remaining losers, and then download the rest, that would be the ticket Smile You wouldn't have to download the weasel mails in the first place.

BTW, Thunderbird has a Junk Mail feature

------------------------------------------

Last edited by:

DogTags: Nov 18, 2003, 5:32 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] SPAM really picking up recently? In reply to
Right...and that is what MailWasher Pro does. ;)
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me