Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Friends Reunited!

Quote Reply
Friends Reunited!
This is hilarious....don't read it if you are offended easily. This is from my sister again :)
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Friends Reunited! In reply to
Reminds me of the quote about "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned".

Better be careful or he might wind up like "John Wayne Bobbitt".

Ouch!
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] Friends Reunited! In reply to
>>"hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"<<

Indeed...I better make sure I'm faithful (or celibate). I couldn't deal with an angry obsessive female biting at my heels.

I just signed up...there were 1600 people registered from my old school...it was scary seeing all the old names and seeing what they are all up to.

One of my old friends who I sat next to in Chemistry classes is now some sort of bible bashing community worker...lol.....this was only like a few years ago too that I left school.
Quote Reply
Quote:
angry obsessive female biting at my heels
I believe in JWB's case it wasn't his heels she was biting at Wink

We have something similar here in the US, I use classmates.com - have talked to some people I haven't talked to in almost 20 years.
Quote Reply
Why is it that reading about others hardships, gives me a lift?

If I were to sum all that up in one word I would have to say:

Amusing

Crapshoot70 (this isn't my real name)
--
I don't like anyone...but everyone LOVES me Unsure
--
AKA...The Post Pirate Pirate
Quote Reply
hehe sounds like a high school buddy.

He was the validictorian of the class and Mormon.
We got him to drink, drink coffee and cola, dance and chase girls.
He graduated and went to BYU (Bringham Yound University) and ended up turning into a missionary and went to France. Wink probably to pay for his sins. Wink

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Friends Reunited! In reply to
Yeh I have a question about the mormons...are they really expecting to have someone say yes when they pop the question: "Would you be willing to be baptized into the mormon faith?" I mean who agrees to that? You have to be pretty weak-minded to change your faith because you read a single line from a little book.

Usually I just tell them that I am a satanist and it is incredible how fast they are on their way...Laugh

--
--
Quote Reply
Re: [Crapshoot70] Friends Reunited! In reply to
Um... isn't Mormonism a cult anyway, run the by the largest financial institution in America (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints). Last I checked they fubared the Bible and were pusing the Book of Mormon as if God himself had written it.

emphasis on:
cult: false religion, altered Bible, etc.
financial institution: runs a hotel chain (Marriott I think)
latter day: not God or Jesus, etc., but "prophets" of the 20th century

well that's my broken understanding of Mormonism... no flames please.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [sponge] Friends Reunited! In reply to
Yes, just look at it as a large religious (which makes it acceptable by the public), pyramid scheme. As far as the whole so called prophets thing goes...you are right they push the book like God sent this book forth from the heavens. It just has so many flaws in the logistics of it that one ponders how they have followers at all.

Who knows maybe one day they will all just suck back that final glass of peach snapple.

Probably all the people who didn't have the marks to enter university or college and looked to a makeshift religion brought from South America to fill the large gap in their life. Unsure

Yeh Mormonism I believe IS a cult. The only other one that comes to mind is Jehova's Witness. Its funny because they start as cults and then when they accumulate enough members and start recruiting publicly they suddenly make that transformation into a religion. Its just odd how this religion just came out of nowhere, as if someone just pulled it out of their ass overnight and started to persuade others to join him or her...

Maybe I will start my own religious cult one day...haven't given it much thought but I guess I still have quite a bit of time...

Sponge, are you sure about the Marriott, I have seen the bible in their drawers...maybe its just me...I wonder if you get discount coupons for joining up...

--
--
Quote Reply
hehe ... In Utah you can marrying multiple women Wink if you're Mormon.

John Brown founded the religion in NY when he found tablets left by Jesus. The Mormons target the fact that Jesus mysteriously isn't in the Bible for a good part of his life.

Now, cult or not ... many Mormons are pretty nice folk. I make fun of thier religion but I've meet too many that were really decent people to make fun of them personally.

Hehehe.... There's a sect in Japan that claims that Jesus after the resurection came to Japan and died here.

While, the Jehova's use children to go door to door crusading .... that's so low ... they make you feel bad that you're slamming the door in children's faces!

ooohhh religion isn't really a good thing to go on about I guess.

Quote Reply
Its just all about them approaching you on the street and asking you to be baptized into their religion. As I said before...they really expect someone to say yes...I mean shouldn't they give you time to think about it...they are a little more sincere than the Jehova's Witnesses though because they don't go trying to pursuade you to join, they just try to inform you which isn't all bad...its just really, REALLY annoying

--
--
Quote Reply
Hm... could be Sheraton. Anyway, the emphasis is on "financial institution".

I mean, the Church of God, for which I belong, and my father is an ordained minister of, consists of nothing but hundreds of churches internationaly and is loosely connected to Warner Press. Difference being our goal isn't to churn out a profit (which is really doesn't).

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [sponge] Friends Reunited! In reply to
Heh...yeh I think that the JCLS (Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) plummeted again today on the NYSE.

--
--
Quote Reply
hehe I work for a Marianist school. Laugh
Haven't really figured out how it fits in the Catholic order of things yet though Shocked

Quote Reply
Never even heard of the "Marianists" they are probably just starting out in Japan...give em some time and they will spread all the way over here to Canada...maybe they have spread all the way to Africa and the UK by now...ask Paul he will know...

--
--
Quote Reply
I'm pretty sure they're French Catholic or some thing like that. They been around for a while though.

Quote Reply
what major corporation are they affiliated with?

--
--
Quote Reply
The Catholic church Wink

Quote Reply
bah...lies...all LIES...

It's probably just a coverup and you are just easily deceived...Tongue

--
--
Quote Reply
OMG this same posting from friends reunited has just been on tv - hehe.
Quote Reply
LOL now that's funny, but got to wonder if it's real. If it is, I bet her phone is ringing quite a bit.

Paul, you're in the UK right? Give her a call and get her side of the story- and maybe something else.
Yeah Friends Reunited investigated the post and confirmed it was true.