Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

FTGate

(Page 4 of 4)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] FTGate In reply to
>>
Show me what you can do with a Win32 mail server by checking some buttons or selecting pre-defined options, and I'll show you how to get into the source of the program and do it from there.
<<

...coming from the bloke who thought you could use %_ to pass a hash to a sub-routine I find that hard to believe Laugh

Sorry I couldn't resist lol
Quote Reply
Re: [PaulW] FTGate In reply to
Why should you bash a logicaly thinking mind? When I was taught to count, I was taught 1,2,3 etc. Now if I can pass $ scalar, @ array, then why can't I pass a % hash?

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] FTGate In reply to
@_ is a list array.

What gets passed in comes out but you need to let perl know what you want at the other end...eg...

some_routine(%foo);

Then in some_routine() you'd need to say you wanted %foo by saying:

%foo = @_

I think %foo is actually split up so every key and value takes up an element of its own in @_ as if you have:

%foo = ( A => 'B' );

...and don't use %foo = @_ in your routine then you can get A and B from $_[0] and $_[1]
Quote Reply
OK. Fine, that's your explantaion over why. But my argument was, doesn't it make logical sense for a not-so-perfect programmer (me) to think that you would be able to pass $, @ and therefore % to sub routines.

I'm sure there is a way, though. I'll post a quick message on CLPM and see what I come up with.

In the mean time, happy reading -> http://mirrors.gossamer-threads.com/. :-)

- wil
Quote Reply
Quote:
I encourage you to try MDaemon. You'll have configuration options popping out of your ears.

Actually, I dislike MDaemon as you can't add the header of who a message is for when using catch all's (i.e. if alex is a catchall, and I bcc something to bob, I have no way of telling who it's for. Sendmail can add a X-Mail-For header, and qmail can add a Delivered-To header). After talking to MDaemon techs, they say there's no way to do it.

We use Communigate Pro and it works quite nicely on Windows.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] FTGate In reply to
I did notice/dislike that this isn't available also. I may go take a look at Communigate Pro. Does Communigate have an option to send Delivery Confirmation and Read Confirmation notices back to the sender?
Lavon Russell
LookHard Mods
lavon@lh.links247.net
Quote Reply
Re: [Bmxer] FTGate In reply to
I don't have it around (it was done for a client), but there is a free full featured eval copy, it just adds a communigate pro blurb to all outgoing emails, but otherwise is full featured and unlimited eval.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
It may not be perfect but it is high in the list of Windows mail servers.
Quote Reply
That was a mjor factor in going back to using Linux for our mail after trying out alternatives on Win32.

All mail sent to mailing lists or any recipient that was on the BCC header god passed to postmaster or root. Only my procmail set up actually handled this correctly and distributed lists correctly.

Why such a poor support with most Win servers? This was a real pain for me, being the sys admin and having to forward around 30 messages every day that the mail server didn't understand their headers for. And when I was out of the office, game over...

- wil
> >