Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

A war against Iraq?

(Page 8 of 18)
> > > >

Re: [orangemomo] Weapons of Mess Disruption In reply to
Yes, because unlike taking your clothes off to pose for protest pictures, tossing eggs completely validates your argument.

Peace: Achieved through strength, never through appeasement.

Re: [Paul] A war against Iraq? In reply to
Quote:
I just have a feeling Saddam may have some surprises up his sleeve

Got that smae feeling Paul.... can't believe that he is just sitting there waiting... Crazy

Klaus

http://www.ameinfo.com

Re: [klauslovgreen] A war against Iraq? In reply to
Quote:
I hope I don't miss all the action when I go to be in about an hour

Dammit! ...I ended up going to bed at 2am and the first missiles were launched at 2.33am...grrr!

It seems it was only a small attack though and the real ass kicking won't start for over 24hrs.

Re: [orangemomo] Weapons of Mess Disruption In reply to
Quote:
In response to this unjustified, illegal and hypocritical war

Hate to be a party pooper but the war was classified legal by the highest legal power in the country.

Re: [ArmyAirForces] A war against Iraq? In reply to
Looks like Saddam made his first booboo. Iraq just launched around 4-6 scud missiles into Kuwait....Saddam declared he had no scud missiles.

And hit only sand. That's got to be demoralizing for Iraqi troops.

I was working and had a live feed from Baghdad on my desktop, I heard the air raid sirens through the feed. Strange eh?

Where do you pick up the feed? :-)

Klaus

My roommate works for DishNetwork, the second largest satellite tv company. Last night he reported that many people are cancelling their service after learning DishNetwork carries a number of Arab stations, including Al-Jazeera.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.

The sound of air raid sirens makes the hairs on the back on my neck stand up.

I was watching one of the many news channels earlier (I'm channel hopping between about 4) and the sirens began whilst a reporter was making a live broadcast from one of the camps. He just apologised to the viewers, put on his gas mask and ran off leaving the camera on.

Re: [fuzzy thoughts] A war against Iraq? In reply to
Well that just seems silly. I'd love to have some of those networks on my sat dish package (DirectTV).

Well I was getting it off the MSNBC high speed page, they don't have that particular feed up this morning. But they rotate them around I believe.

Link: http://www.msnbc.com/m/hs

Last edited by:

ArmyAirForces: Mar 20, 2003, 6:25 AM

Cheers -I'll have a look around

Klaus

Re: [Thomas.] A war against Iraq? In reply to
Im very upset that there are people in America who can honestly believe that Saddam does not have terrorist ties. Or that its fabracated by the press or US officials. Your kidding yourself! We struck last night and iraq has all ready used 3 scud missiles he claimed to the UN he did not have-do you honestly think that this man is telling anyone the truth about anything?

There are reports of oil fields being set alight in southern Iraq and also fighting between US/Iraqi troops on the border.

Re: [Wil] A war against Iraq? In reply to
It seems to me like your the one being cheap! Where do you get this crap? You have no clue what your talking about! Half the world is supporting this war one way or another. The French have now said if Iraq uses chemical weapons then they too will join the fight. Why are you so dead set on being right- look at the facts-he is evil and he is lying and he cant be trusted- my children are not going to be put in dangers way to be politically correct!

Klaus,

They have the Baghdad night vision camera feed up now.

-Scott

Thanks - seems to be heating up... Unimpressed

Quote:
There are reports of oil fields being set alight in southern Iraq ...

Hmmm, Saddam's troops committing an environmental crime? Now maybe some in the anti-US-UK war of liberation/anti-capitalism/anti-bathing/anti-job/pro-communist front organization movement will get a little upset.

I mean who cares about Saddam's crimes against humanity, but a crime against the environment - that's serious!

Tongue somewhat in cheek,

I'm not sure if you'll get these clips in the US but over here we are being shown RAF Fairford (I think I have that name right) in which several B52's are being loaded with huge racks of bombs...it takes them about 5-6 hours to get to Iraq and I don't expect they'd be loading the bombs unless they were aiming to leave the UK some time later today.

Some of the networks here in the US have been hinting that the pentagon thinks they might have gotten Saddam last night.

The tape played on Iraqi TV could have been one of a series of pretaped messages made by Saddam. These tapes to be used when he starts losing command & control throughout the country. There is also speculation of a body double, but those guys usually don't speak in public so I tend to doubt that theory.

RAF Fairford would be correct, that's an old SAC base from the Cold War period and would be more than capable of handling B-52s.

Last edited by:

ArmyAirForces: Mar 20, 2003, 9:15 AM

My first reaction when seeing that tape was that is was pre-recorded. Journalists were saying "oh well how did he know what day and time the attacks would start if it was pre-recorded" but he could have recorded it yesterday. Pretty much everyone knew the attack would start fairly soon after the deadline and so it's not exactly hard for him to record a message saying "it's the 20th of March early in the morning"....he could have infact recorded several messages stating different times/dates.

The intelligence had to be pretty accurate for them to launch missiles....I have a feeling without that intelligence there would have been no action at all last night, it was definitely a spur of the moment thing.

The fact that the target was hit and the intelligence was accurate makes it seem as though there is a very good chance they made a killing.

If that is true I wonder how many tapes he has in stock for the days to come... Smile

He's probally crapping his pants, and hiding in some nuclear bunker, in case we decide to wipe Iraq off the planet, like Eminem suggests in one of his songs Laugh

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Re: [Andy] A war against Iraq? In reply to
The aim is very much *not* to wipe Iraq off the planet. The US/British want as little damage as possible especially regarding the oil fields.

Saddam will probably most certainly be hiding in a protected area but I'm not sure he's "crapping his pants" - alternatively he's in several pieces along with his private residence :)

*Breaking News* - although it's not exactly surprising...

UK Military says the "main offensive" will begin later tonight.

I'm surprised they've stated that as the US have been so secretive.

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 20, 2003, 10:39 AM
> > > >