Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Snow!

(Page 1 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Snow!
Wow...this is the most snow I think I have ever seen. The UK isn't normally the place to get snow (lucky if once a year)....but now its blizarding it down! Over an inch of snow, where I am, in 1 hour!

Its getting so deep, we can't even go out in cars unless the journy is REALLY needed. Is anyone else like this in the UK, or anywhere else in the world? I would take a photo, but my digital camera has run out of batteries, and I can't get to the shops to get some :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Snow! In reply to
Damn, I hope it comes this way.

We have blue sky. The sun is actually getting on my nerves as its making my computer screen hard to see.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Snow! In reply to
Its 'chilled' out a bit now, and slowed down. Its a bit annoying really...cos I wanted to go into town on my lunch break and do some stuff, but its so dangerous that I couldn't even drive to the end of my road without sliding back down the hill....lol Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
It's a beautiful blue sky sunny day here. Which is probably more rare than snow. ;-)

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Snow! In reply to
Sun's decided to come out now....knew the snow wouldnt last long Tongue Its all starting to melt now (much nicer for driving in...lol).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
It looks like we got about 2 inches of snow here. It's the third week in a row we got some. Smile

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy thoughts] Snow! In reply to
Weather really needs to make its mind up here. Snow is coming down again...had about an inch on my car before I went out. Just got back, and almost stacked it into the curb cos the wheels wouldn't turn Unsure

Its all good fun Laugh

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Unfortunately, it's warm and sunny here in Colorado...in the flat areas...below 10,000 ft. No snow and none in the immediate forecast...:(
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Snow! In reply to
Last night it went really cold, and all the snow has turned into sheet ice. Been loads of accidents around where I live, cos people just keep sliding into oncoming traffic, ditches, hedges, etc Frown

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
sorry to hear that...we really do need the precip though...we are 75% below our average snowpack in Colorado...it's going to be a long and miserable fire season, if we don't get any snow soon...
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Ohhhh myyyy....

It has started to snow here now and I've never seen anything like it. I wish I had a digital camera.

Its 4.50pm and the sky outside is a mixture between dark orange and dark grey. The snowflakes are huge!

Last edited by:

Paul: Feb 3, 2003, 8:54 AM
Quote Reply
I thought you would probably get it sometime soon Smile Just be careful driving....we have had over 20 crashes in our village alone, and its only a 2000-3000 strong village! Quite scary stats really.....probably cos we are not used to driving in 'real' snow Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
It's great fun for wheel spins Wink

I was just saying to my dad the other day...the only slightly good thing about my grans death is that now we don't have to worry about her falling on the ice. She used to ride a crappy old bike around the village (she was like coming up to 80) and when it was cold and icy we used to worry all the time about her falling on the road.

Last edited by:

Paul: Feb 3, 2003, 9:14 AM
Quote Reply
>>>It's great fun for wheel spins <<<

Yeah, as long as you don't over-rev the engine, and almost blow the engine up like me....Laugh

9,000RPM :|

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I don't think i can even get to 9000rpm in my mean machine.
Quote Reply
Yeah, well, mine didn't like doing 9000RPM either...lol. Its blown a piston. I tell ya, I've never been so embaraced in my life.

Some little kids (about 14) decided it would be clever to throw a snowball at my car window while I was trying to pull out of a junction. I thought I would scare 'em a little, so I did a fat wheelspin, and then turned the car facing them. The problem then, was that I got caught on a patch of ice. It didn't matter how much i reved the engine, I was well and truely stuck. My mates then had to get out of the car, and push me off the worst of the ice. The little kids had a bit of a laugh, and then run off. VERY embarassing Blush

Don't do anything as stupid as that, I'm begging you...lol

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Quote:
Don't do anything as stupid as that, I'm begging you...lol

I'll try not to :)

Here is the most stupid thing I have done (don't laugh):

Got my new car (this was a while ago)

Was driving with some friends, probably faster tan i should have been. Didn't see a little island in the middle of a junction and drove over the curb at about 30mph.

So, I get back to my friends house and find I've smashed my hub cap to bits as well as the steel wheel rim. So, I bang the rim back into shape with a hammer and the next day decide I need to go to the garage to buy a new hub cab before my dad gives me a testicular transplant.

All is looking great - I've not been caught, I bought the new hub cap, and on the way back to my car after I'd just bought the hub cap I tripped (yes over another fricken curb) and hit the side of my car and landed in a heap. The only problem with that was I had my car keys in my hand at the same time and they put a nice deep white slice down the side of a brand new navy blue car.

Last edited by:

Paul: Feb 3, 2003, 9:37 AM
Quote Reply
Damn, thats gotta be embarasing! Another stupid one I did, literally last week, was going around a very sharp corner at 30mph (when i say sharp, i mean sharp...i.e almost back on itself! and it was a single lane roman type road Tongue). I kinda sliod out on the back end, hit a tree, managed to get it out of the ditch (without even stopping), get back onto the road, almost loose it into the other side of the road's ditch, and finally carry on. The only real damage to my car was the back light cluster got smashed off (ripped from its brackets), and a few dents in the back wing. Other than that, I got away very lightly :)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Ok my hopes are high for a nice snow covering in the morning. My dad just went out to the car and it turned the security light on and it is snowing really hard.
Quote Reply
Rats! It's 72 degrees (f) here. I don't think we'll be getting any snow this winter.

Capitol - webcam
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] Snow! In reply to
Just to warm you guys up a bit, it was 45 degrees celsius in Sydney Australia last week.

Simon.
Quote Reply
Re: [jai] Snow! In reply to
My sister is off to New Zealand next week - I'm guessing the weather will be similar?
Quote Reply
For the fourth Thursday in a row, we're getting snow. We've already got 2 inches by midnight, and some forecasts are predicting up to 8 inches total.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy thoughts] Snow! In reply to
Hmm its not fair. My sister just called from the taxi on the way to the airport ;(

In 11 hours she'll be in Los Angeles, then she has a 3 hour wait and then a 13 hour flight to Aukland, New Zealand.

I made her promise to bring me back a good present Wink

Last edited by:

Paul: Feb 7, 2003, 3:45 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Snow! In reply to
Our prayers have been answered...snow in Colorado (it's snowed quite a bit...have more than six inches at my cabin, in the past few days)...
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
> >