Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Just a note...

Quote Reply
Just a note...
Hi guys and gals,

Well, I'm amazed to even be here typing this post, after Satuday night Unimpressed

Basically, I was coming back from my friends house, and down a little back road, my car slid out on me. To cut a long story short, the car is a total write off Frown Fortunatly, both myself and the passenger were ok (she has minor cuts, and I got away with amnesia of the accident, and a few aches and pains).

Anyway... back to the main reason for posting this =)

Please just be aware of this when emailing me in regards to work. I *will* get to your emai, but it may be a case of a few days (I'm ok typing at the moment, but the bump on my head keeps giving me headaches).

Anyway, thanks for reading. Feels a lot better getting that off my chest :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Just a note... In reply to
Man that sucks. Frown

Glad you're OK and came out of it with only minor injuries. With car crashes ...It could have always been a lot worse. Too bad about your car too. Totaled?

Get away from the computer, heal up, and come back strong.

get well!
Quote Reply
Andy,
your health has first priortity, so please don´t worry about a little break of your work.

Best wishes from me too
Quote Reply
Re: [Jonze] Just a note... In reply to
Quote:
Glad you're OK and came out of it with only minor injuries. With car crashes ...It could have always been a lot worse.

Yeah... too true (and the police/ambulance people told me this quite a few time :|).

Quote:
Too bad about your car too. Totaled?

Yup :( Heres what it used to look like: http://www.newbys-nova.com/

Quote:
Get away from the computer, heal up, and come back strong.

Wish I could...LOL. Still got a few projects to get done. Otherwise I would Unimpressed

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [P-Man] Just a note... In reply to
Quote:
your health has first priortity, so please don´t worry about a little break of your work.

Best wishes from me too

Thanks Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Got some piccys now :| (went to go and get my remaining things out of my car);

http://www.newbys-nova.com/The_Crash/index.html

Depressing Frown

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Nothing a little body filler and paint won't fix... Crazy That sux man!

Looks like you took a nice hit there. Were you wearing your seat belts?

Second question, what make of car is that??? I see something said about a Nova, but that don't look like no Chevy. Smile
Quote Reply
Quote:
Nothing a little body filler and paint won't fix... That sux man!

LOL!

Quote:
Looks like you took a nice hit there. Were you wearing your seat belts?

Yeah... the sports harnesses and bucket seats were all that stopped both me and the passenger from dying. A few hundred £££ well spent IMO :)

Quote:
Second question, what make of car is that??? I see something said about a Nova, but that don't look like no Chevy.

Vauxhall (Opel outside the UK I think :p) Nova. It was only a 1200cc engine (yeah I know... a kiddys toy to non UK people ;) ... but we got pretty high insurance rates for new drivers :(). I was just doing all the "internal" mods to it, without changing the engine and such. Good thing I didn't really Unimpressed

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
just curious... how many cars have you guys gone through so far in your driving career?

licensed: 7 years (not including learners permit)
accidents: 0
tickets: 0
cars:

1996 - 2001: hand-me-down '86 Dodge Aries Series K (engine died)
2001 - present: '92 Chevrolet Lumina Euro

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] Just a note... In reply to
Bought a Ford Lightning when I was 16, the day after I got my license. Lucky I didn't kill myself in that thing. Most wouldn't think a truck can handle but those sure can. I used to say it had "idiot traction". No accidents except for driving it through a pit when out at a party in a field with the cops rolling up. Ripped off the front spoiler and bent the back bumper going in and out. Had to get rid of at 50k miles though. I killed the tranny and the 8 miles per gallion was killing me. Although, I'm thinking about getting the new 2005 Lightning when it comes out with 550 horsepower stock!

Right now I'm driving a Acura Integra GS-R. It's great for now and even better it's paid off. Only bumped a station sign once in that making a U turn. I need to get back to V8 though. I'm not into the whole ricer thing. My GS-R is a "sleeper" though. Just put some new mods on it the other day. Wink

So...

Licensed: 10 years
Accidents: 0
Tickeks: too many
Cars: 2
Arrest: ? LOL
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] Just a note... In reply to
Quote:
licensed: 7 years (not including learners permit)
accidents: 0
cars:

Me;

licensed: 3 years (not including learning)
accidents: 3
cars: 3

Vauxhall Nova - Engine blew up (got in a mood, after someone smashed my passenger window with a stone in a snowball Unsure)
Another Nova - Minor accident, went into a kerb.. and had to repair the wheels.
My last Nova (the one I just crashed) - No more needs to be said :|

Its not my driving, honest <G> The only major prang I've had, is this latest one ... and even then, it wasn't involving anyone else :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I didn't know you were 21 Andy. And once again and as stated above I think that after a life changing experience like this you shouldn't need to explain you need a few days off, for ****'s sake !

I'm just glad you're OK and that you sound to be getting your spirits back. You know that the UK has one of the lowest rates for accidents and even though I don't think people are always well behaved on the roads in the UK they certainly are better behaved than in quite a few other european countries.

But from what you say it was bad conditions that was mainly to blame ?

Anyway take care mate and remember we need you, So don't try doing the stuntman again Wink

John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] Just a note... In reply to
Quote:
I didn't know you were 21 Andy.

Almost <G> (in January)

Quote:
And once again and as stated above I think that after a life changing experience like this you shouldn't need to explain you need a few days off, for ****'s sake !

Thanks for the support :) Its amazing how many people were "expecting" me to be back to work on the Monday (2 days after the crash), all fine :( (showing them the pictures changed a few of their attitudes :p).

Quote:
I'm just glad you're OK and that you sound to be getting your spirits back. You know that the UK has one of the lowest rates for accidents and even though I don't think people are always well behaved on the roads in the UK they certainly are better behaved than in quite a few other european countries.

heheh... we may have a lower rate of accidents ... but our roads are *aweful* (the road at the top of our village has literally just been resurfaced ... after almost 15 years!) Crazy

Quote:
But from what you say it was bad conditions that was mainly to blame ?

Yeah. I think we hit a patch of leaves, and then skidded into a stump on the side of the road (where it had been trimmed after falling into the road previously). Don't think it helped that the corner it happened on, was the one where 4 accidents have been already this year (and probably oil/petrol to some extent on the road). Its a nasty corner Frown

Quote:
Anyway take care mate and remember we need you, So don't try doing the stuntman again

LOL .. trust me, I won't be doing any stunts for a while <G>

Thanks again ... guess I better get on with some work now :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Much ado about nothing...
Small fender bender, bump on the head.

take two panadol, stop feeling sorry for yourself and go back to work and stop griping.

Standard Australian Joke..
Question..
How do you know when a plane load of English have landed..
Answer...
You can still hear the whining long after the engines are switched off.
Quote Reply
Re: [Gypsypup] Just a note... In reply to
Harsh but fair Cool