Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Crap day....

(Page 1 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Crap day....
Man, I have got to have had the worst day of my life today! I wanna see if anyone can beat me, it will make me fell better...lol Wink

Ok, heres what has happened so far;

#1 I had to miss my grans funeral cos of my driving test
#2 I had an IT exam this morning, in which i totally screwed up :(
#3 I failed my driving test for the second time!
#4 My bike just leaked a while tank of petrol all over the garage floor, and the whole house now stinks of petrol.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me someone else has had a worse day than that!

I'm all ears (need some cheering up...lol) Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [A.J.] Crap day.... In reply to
Want some cheese with that "whine"? Tongue
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Post deleted by A.J. In reply to
Quote Reply
Re: [Heckler] Crap day.... In reply to
One day you'll say something symathetic or even nice and there'll be no-one around to congratulate you as we'll all have dropped dead in shock.

Andy, it's a fact that the best drivers pass second time (ie me Cool ) but as you didn't quite make it then I guess the next thing to say is "third time lucky" Angelic

As for crap days....I know how you feel.

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 18, 2002, 10:40 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Crap day.... In reply to
Don't feel bad...

I failed my driving test the first time (my tire touched the curb while parallel parking). I was so nervous I flooded out the engine and the car wouldn't start. I came home and punched a hole in the wall. That almost 20 years ago.

And in college I was on my way to take a final exam, so I pulled up in front of the store where I worked and ran inside to tell my boss I'd be a little late for work. As I came out side and got in my car I noticed a cop (police officer) hurrying across the parking lot, so I stopped and waived her accross, instead she walked up to me and gave me a ticket for parking in the fire lane (which I was guilty of, but everyone does it too). I was late for my exam, and was so mad I failed the exam. Later my boss told me she shamed the cop into tearing up the ticket.

Anyway... hope that makes you feel better.
Quote Reply
I failed my driving test the first tiem around...

Hm,... worst day of my life...

I was 20 minutes late to work. A manager told me he looked at my record and say I was late to work 3 times in a row. Next time he saw me late I'd be either wrote up or laid off. Found out that my department had $2500 in theft over the past 3 days. To point the blame at someone for allowing certain items out of department (video games, expensive phones, etc.), they ran an undercover bust and I fell for it... It was so unfair... They got a department manager to come over and get a video game. She said she was gonna buy it but she just looked at the thing for 20 minutes, meanwhile I had to go run the checkout and some other stuff.. So while I was distracted and virtually imposible for me to keep her from leaving the department with it. So she left the department and the security guy didn't even question her because of who she was. I then get called to the management office where I got the whole speach on how it was policy to not allow anyone to take video games and anything else that's locked up out of the department without paying for it. Then I was told anyone that got caught doing something like that again would be fired on the spot. That pissed me off sooo bad. A complete isolated incident, where I was conned into "allowing" this to happen. I didn't even work those days when we allegedly had that much stolen.

Hope this makes you feel better.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator

Last edited by:

King Junko II: Mar 18, 2002, 2:41 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [King Junko II] Crap day.... In reply to
Yeah, another annoying thing that happened was that a girl ran out in front of me at 30mph...stupid idiot! I think that really just shook me up....anyway, at least I'm not the only one that has had such a crap day..LOL....and, hopefuly today will be a different matter Cool

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
I failed my first test for such a stupid unfair reason.

I was going down a one way street....came to the end and was asked to turn right....instead of moving to the right hand side of the road to turn right (as it was one-way)...I stayed on the left hand side and got failed for that.....ugh. It was only a one lane road anyway....don't know how he expected me to move to the right....he said if any cars were behind wanting to turn left I would have blocked them.

Ah well with my second test I only got two minor faults Laugh

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 19, 2002, 1:56 AM
Quote Reply
Yeah, they are pathetic over here with driving. I'm looking at doing my next test at Worthing, aparantly it is better there. Anyway, I've gotta pass some time...LOL

My broter got 2 minors on his second test, one of the best marks anyone has ever got at craley Smile He was proud of it anyway, don't blame him.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Quote:
I stayed on the left hand side

That's because y'all drive on the wrong side of the road. Tongue

I'd be a menace to society Crazy if I ever had to drive in England (or is it Brittain?).
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] Crap day.... In reply to
>>That's because y'all drive on the wrong side of the road. <<

No we drive on the right side and the left side (think about it!) Laugh

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 19, 2002, 11:27 AM
Quote Reply
hm... now that I think about it, I only had to take a written test. You get to skip the driving test if you pass your driving classes within a certain score.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
omg no wonder Americans can't drive.

We have a written test (you need to get 30/35 to pass) and a 40 minute driving test.
Quote Reply
Quote:
omg no wonder Americans can't drive.
I'll have you know that since I got my license in '96 I haven't so much as even touched another car or got talked to by cop about a driving violation.

I've only had two run-ins with a cop. Once they did a sobriety checkpoint right below my driveway and I had forgot my wallet and license in my house. Rather than letting me go back to my house and get my wallet, they called the police station to check me out. They let me go without any warnings or anything cause it's not really against the law to not carry your license with you. The other was when my car broke down on the way home from work. The damn battery was drained because the alternator went kaput. The cop told me to "keep your hazards on" and "move the car all the way off the road" and I was like "they are on..." and "I can't push a 1-ton car on ice by myself on a uphill road".

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
>>since I got my license in '96<<

Eh? You are 19 aren't you? You got your license when you were 13?
Quote Reply
No, I'm 20. You can get your permit at 14, and your license at 6 months later. It all depends on where you live, just like with legal drinking ages.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
In Texas you have to be 15 to take driver's education. You had to take several months of classroom education and then spend so much time in the simulators (yep, even back in 1981 we were high-tech). After that you got a "learner's permit" and had to wait until summer vaction and spend several weeks driving around in the car with the instructor (gym coach) before you could go and take your test and you had to be 16 to do that.

You could get what was called a "hardship" license at 15, but that was for people who's parents were dead or disabled, etc.
Quote Reply
Couldn't you reschedule the driving test to go to the funeral? I haven't seen anyone with driving such a high priority before.

In Australia the driving test only goes for 20 minutes. I passed first go Tongue
Cheers,
Michael Bray
Quote Reply
Re: [Michael_Bray] Crap day.... In reply to
My parents both had to take a driving test when we moved to Virginia in '94 which I thought was a bit odd since they both have had licenses in other states since the early 70's.

The cable company called yesterday and said they'll be setting up our cable internet on Saturday. I'm sooo exicited that we're getting broadband... just too bad Charter has about the slowest cable speeds in the US (384/128 I think it was). Oh well, in June I'm moving in with some buddies from work and the apartment complex has a private ISP and a much faster ethernet connection.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [Michael_Bray] Crap day.... In reply to
Quote:
Couldn't you reschedule the driving test to go to the funeral? I haven't seen anyone with driving such a high priority before.

I could have, but we only found out about the funeral 4 days before the test, and the money back thing is only any good til 10 days before. So it was either miss the funeral and take my driving test, or miss my test (and loose my money) and goto the funeral....I decided on the car test cos I had an IT exam in the morning, which I wasn't allowed to miss, and then that would mean I could go on my driving test in the afternoon Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
So, in other words, money is more important than your Grandmother Tongue
How much does a driving test cost over there?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Crap day.... In reply to
In Reply To:
So, in other words, money is more important than your Grandmother Tongue
How much does a driving test cost over there?

Ouch!

- wil
Quote Reply
>>
I could have, but we only found out about the funeral 4 days before the test, and the money back thing is only any good til 10 days before. So it was either miss the funeral and take my driving test, or miss my test (and loose my money) and goto the funeral....I decided on the car test cos I had an IT exam in the morning, which I wasn't allowed to miss, and then that would mean I could go on my driving test in the afternoon
<<

Ugh Im sorry I agree with brewt. That just sounds awful to me. When my gran died I would have lost my life savings if thats what it meant to go to the funeral.

Ewww reading it over just makes me cringe that you could say that.
Quote Reply
We were not very close (gran or grandad). Unfortunatly our family had a bit of a fall out with them, which left us with a bit of a grudge with them. I know its not great to take money over your grans funeral, but in this case I really didn't have the time to wait for re-booking another test (I needed to get my car on the road, cos my scooter is just about ready to die on me Frown).

Anyway, I went to my grandads funeral, and am not really one for funerals, but upsetting Frown

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Quote:
Ugh Im sorry I agree with brewt. That just sounds awful to me. When my gran died I would have lost my life savings if thats what it meant to go to the funeral.

As I also said, I ALSO had an IT exam in the morning. If I didn't take it...then my whole IT course would be wasted Frown

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
> >