Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Crap day....

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [A.J.] Crap day.... In reply to
Im pretty sure your college would allow you to go to a funeral, they aren't prisons.

We were allowed to skip an afternoon of exams at school when a student died.

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 20, 2002, 4:06 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Crap day.... In reply to
Yeah, but its to up to the college. This is a proper exam, not just a mock. I screwed up in it anyway (its the business studies half of the IT course), but I HAD to do it, it wasn't optional Frown If it was just the case of it being a mock, then I would have gladly missed it Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
At my uni you can get out of an exam to go to a funeral if you provide proof. I am sure there is a law up there that says that they have to provide you with an alternate exam if "an unexpected tragedy" occurs. I would ask them. There is no way you can be 100% for an exam if you something like that happens.
Cheers,
Michael Bray
Quote Reply
Re: [Michael_Bray] Crap day.... In reply to
Nope, fi you miss it you have to retake the whole year, which I can't do, as I would have to do more lessons to be able to stay on. Seeing as I have already done all the lessons I need to do, I really wouldn't have wanted to do that.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
>>
Nope, fi you miss it you have to retake the whole year, which I can't do
<<

Thats bull....anyway we aren't saying miss it, we are saying rearrange it.

There is no way if you went to a teacher and said your gran had died they'd have said "tough luck, you are still doing your exam"
Quote Reply
And I'm saying; it's done now ... let it be. Can't his gran RIP?

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Crap day.... In reply to
Hear hear Smile

Andy
Quote Reply
Bah just coz I was about to prove you wrong Smile ....

I was gonna call your head teacher and ask myself Cool

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 21, 2002, 3:30 AM
Quote Reply
Paul, look at it this way. You can ONLY take it ONCE! There is no option about it! Its not like I can just re-book it for another day, cos for all the exam board know, I could have looked at the exam before, and would have an unfair advantage. I mean, would they let you re-take an exam that everyone has already sitted a week or so before? You gotta understand you are not always right, Paul Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Actually, Andy, for arguments sake; this can be done.

This used to happen all the time at my old school when different exam subjects clashed. The pupils who hadn't seen the paper were excluded from contacting anyone, and would go to stay the night with a teacher, and then they would take the same examination the next day. I believe this is common-practice in most schools.

/me throws the cat amongst the pigeons.. again.

- wil

Last edited by:

Wil: Mar 21, 2002, 4:10 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Crap day.... In reply to
Yes, but if I went to the funeral then I wouldn't be in isolation Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
They'd have to send a teacher with you to supervise you :-)

- wil
Quote Reply
>>
Paul, look at it this way. You can ONLY take it ONCE! There is no option about it! Its not like I can just re-book it for another day, cos for all the exam board know, I could have looked at the exam before, and would have an unfair advantage. I mean, would they let you re-take an exam that everyone has already sitted a week or so before? You gotta understand you are not always right, Paul
<<

I don't claim that Im always right......my dad is a deputy head teacher and a chief examiner for the NEAB so I know how the system works (and get to hear the gossip hehe Tongue

Anyway it makes no difference who thinks what as we are talking in the past now :)

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 21, 2002, 4:37 AM
Quote Reply
in the style of recent Non-Sequiter comics...

What he said:
Quote:
deputy head teacher
What she heard:
Quote:
kindergarten cop

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [King Junko II] Crap day.... In reply to
....you call them vice-principals don't you?
Quote Reply
yeah ;-)

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
> >